It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The subjective.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The person is a transient thing that is being used as a vessel of experience by something that the person cannot fully comprehend. But that which is using us is our true nature. In my belief.

Nice theory. Do you like the idea your being used?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You speak of 'subjective' and 'objective'. You think there is a you (subject) and a world (objective). Because you believe there is two (you + world) you will feel frightened by the other. This is the fear that cannot be removed until the truth is realized. If there is 'other' than me there will always be fear - protection must be applied, armour against 'the world'.

Only when the two become one will the kingdom be revealed.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

The person is a transient thing that is being used as a vessel of experience by something that the person cannot fully comprehend. But that which is using us is our true nature. In my belief.

Nice theory. Do you like the idea your being used?

Of my what being used?

Love touches my physical.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Of my what being used?

I remember i used a line like that once. Elaborate more please to my open mind?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Of my what being used?

I remember i used a line like that once. Elaborate more please to my open mind?

I'm not sure I know how to elaborate more please.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I'm not sure I know how to elaborate more please.

I think we hit this junction before. Im sure you do know, or i could tell you. Last time from memory i came away abit bruised so can a fool repeat the same mistake twice?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Big and small. Hot and cold. Good and bad. Beautiful and ugly. Fast and slow. Smart and dumb. Meaningful and meaningless. And many many more ideas. None of these are absolute. If it is not absolute, it is ultimately untrue.

The human lives a human life. The human life is colored by qualities, adjectives, and opinions, all of which amount to falsehoods. So what happens when you try to stop seeing these subjective things?

The human lives in a relative world because of words that are used that speak in opposites. Good/bad, right/wong etc.
What happens when you remove the words? Can you see and hear without judgement? It is the words that add judgement. If words appear then don't judge them - just see them. Try seeing without taking the words as fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Nothing is static in reality everything is in motion.

But not all all at once.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

The human lives a human life. The human life is colored by qualities, adjectives, and opinions, all of which amount to falsehoods. So what happens when you try to stop seeing these subjective things?

Can you try to stop seeing? Can you try to stop hearing? Try really, realy hard to stop seeing and hearing.
It is impossible to stop.
The words that are laid upon what is seen and heard arrive after the initial seeing and hearing. The words again are just appearances that can be seen and heard.

All that appears is the light of consciousness (it can only appear presently), the light is what is seen.
What is it that sees and knows the light that is appearing presently? And can it be anywhere but here and now?

edit on 16-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Nothing is static in reality everything is in motion.

But not all all at once.

Can you elebrorate please?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Is that profound usage of the word fool?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

No, I can not, Athlon is.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
On a forum karma seems naturally. haha, new thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Is that profound usage of the word fool?

Are you name calling? Or am i just confused by your incomplete post?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I would of thought so.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'm not calling anyone a fool here at the moment. It can happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Basically you have a controversial and folding equation of opposing dualities - hot is hot and cold is cold, hot can be felt hot and cold can be felt cold, cold can be felt hot, hot can be felt cold, and cold and hot are interchangeable alphabetic definitions in the subjective sense.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Suppose you share a dream with another person. Suppose you both have perfect recall of it. Is that dream subjective or objective?

Suppose you and someone else walk into a room together, and you both spot the vase at the exact same moment. Then you write down your exact impressions and compare them with each other. You both saw the same thing at the same time and had different reactions to it.

That's called subjective.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, it's question that comes to mind... The evidence is all over. Dead bodies, extinct species, shifting genetics, basic building blocks of life, new disasters and threats, and more.

99.9% of all life that has existed here is extinct.

The earth's atmosphere and oceans (and the lithosphere?) have changed over time. Many past life forms could not exist in today's world because of many factors that would be lethal to them.

Here's another one:
Maybe earth is the only place in the universe with evolution of this sort. This kind of evolutionary force that creates new life forms continually and thrusts them into the world to test them. This is not to say the testing is intentional. It might be a byproduct of some force in the universe.

We don't know for sure yet, do we? We haven't discovered ET yet. So there's a slim possibility that this is the only remaining place in the universe with "natural" evolution or any at all.
edit on 16-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What are tried and multiply tested things known as facts, if not objective?

There is a view that can be objective IMO -- one relying on facts.

To want to try your entire view as being absolute and objective with no subjectivity is just unrealistic as every individual experiences through their senses then analyzes them in a subjective way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join