It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The subjective.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
What are tried and multiply tested things known as facts, if not objective?

There is a view that can be objective IMO -- one relying on facts.

To want to try your entire view as being absolute and objective with no subjectivity is just unrealistic as every individual experiences through their senses then analyzes them in a subjective way.

Unless you deny the validity of your entire experience and every thing you know. Then you would be incapable of lying and more honest than you've ever been. For all subjective determinations you might have made in the past, now they remain what they are in actuality. Open to interpretation. So you observe without interpreting and what you see is the openness of the truth with a dramatic reduction in the shades of subjectivity.

Cold to me isn't cold to fish in Alaska. Hot to me isn't hot to bacteria in volcanoes. Openness is a true quality. And with openness, there's room for truth, and indeed the truth has the quality of openness. So when you are open, you are true to yourself and others are true to you.

Being is freedom. When qualities are left open, openness will be felt as freedom. Freedom is your true nature. It doesn't matter what you choose to do or choose to create because your nature is not about good or bad, it is about freedom and openness.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Cold to me isn't cold to fish in Alaska. Hot to me isn't hot to bacteria in volcanoes.

But I have to say, the cold itself is the same for everyone, and the hot too.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You think fish who live underneath ice are cold? Do you think bacteria who live in volcanoes are hot? If they were uncomfortable, don't you think they'd move to a different location? Cold and hot are subjective. It can even be demonstrated with humans. My grandparents keep their house at 80 degrees. To them, it's comfortable room temperature. To me, it's hot as crap.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

One man's hell can be another man's heaven.

I didn't understand how what you was saying made sense, but now I see. That was a perfect example with the bacteria.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ireply to post by arpgme

Love and happiness aren't something you seek. Love, happiness, and peace are what there is when you open your eyes and just watch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join