It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of people telling us we can not comment on the gun laws of the USA.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wasn't mad before but seeing certain members are calling for all non US people to stop commenting on US gun laws etc, I thought I would rant a while.
For the last time ATS is not just for people from the states, others around the world can comment on what is happening in the US and If you do not like our opinions try and teach us where we have got it wrong and help us understand things.
People have called me a Redcoat today purely because I asked a question.
I have a son who is an American citizen and lives in New York so of course I want to ask questions and maybe give my view on topics.
It is fine when Americans give us views on my own country and I try to educate them about what happens over here so please let us ask questions and give opposing views.
Thanks take care everyone

Oh and just to point out because some of you have answered my opinions with intelligent answers I have changed my mind about gun control in the states.
So I tip my hat to you folk

edit on 15-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Who cares who comments? Who cares who comments right after a highly publicized tragedy? Well, in the latter everyone should care...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, OK. But if you do a rant against someone else's rant against your rant, then I reserve the right to post a rant against it....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Exactly we are all human beings first then (Insert country here) second.
It is horrid what has happened and everyone should be able to comment without such comments like "This is happening in the USA keep out of our business redcoat".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

My first thread was not a rant, it was a honest question.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I will see your rant and raise you a tirade! Oh the humanity!!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just narrow minded people monkey boy

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just read in another gun thread that "americans need guns so they can protect themselves from a tyranical government"

That made me chuckle...

IF said tyranical government have guns that are likely bigger then yours... not to mention Jets/tanks... an army...etc etc Do you really think you can protect yourself from them if they chose to invade their own country?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I stand corrected. I reserve the right to rant against your rant against someone's rant against your asking a question. And don't think I'm not keeping track....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
But America is the center of the universe didn't you know?

We are all outsiders, If there's a UFO in the UK, NASA covers it up...

The US government knows about aliens and everything, all other countries are are kept out of the loop especially when it comes to their right to bear arms...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I stand corrected. I reserve the right to rant against your rant against someone's rant against your asking a question. And don't think I'm not keeping track....

Made me chuckle that, first time in a few days cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Okay OP, something for those of you who do not live in the US to think about. All of us in the US have been demonized by the killings and actions of the US military who is dictated to by our government.....right?

Well if you think our government are murderers and criminals to the rest of the world now, just how bad do you think they will get if they take away our guns to stop them from getting worse???

You guys who don't live here need to understand that right now, in the US, our government is scared as hell of WE THE PEOPLE, thus the gun control debate.

What exactly do you think will happen to the rest of the world once our criminal government (backed by the world bankers and corporations) will do once they have eliminated the threat of their people rising up against them?

Just curious, I am not intending to bash you but I am seriously interested if those of you living in other countries that are opposed to how our government is starting wars and killing thousands of innocents now, will act once they take away the threat of it's own citizens saying, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"?

Serously, for those of you who are against the US government and their senseless wars, you do realize that if they disarm their citizens that we are all doomed?
edit on 15-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I swear- you crack me up more than anybody else in this whole place!

Cheers to you Ex_CT2!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have read your comments before Boy monkey and i dont believe you are all that undeserving of a" butt out "now and then over this issue....
The fact is that the British people subjugated themselves to tyranny a while ago....the American people are still struggling against such a repugnant form of goverment.
Rather than denegrate the current laws however circumspectly.....it would do you well to understand that
The Birtish people LOST their freedom, and the American people have never agreed to such calumny.Nor will they willingly do so............!
Your cries of pain fall on deaf ears here...............and no S&F from me.
regards .........s.....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Good post and that's what I like to see, people giving us decent honest intelligent views, it helps us who are not from the US understand it.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sure you can. But there is something to keep in mind.

I think of this way. I've been to the UK a few times, but I've never lived there and certainly didn't grow up there. I can comment on whatever I want about UK (or anywhere else in the world). But, I'm never going to have that same first hand knowledge or perspective as someone who grew up there / lives there. If I got too loud or opinionated in what I said someone from the UK would likely (and possibly rightfully so) tell me where I could stick my views of what people in his country should or shouldn't do.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I just read in another gun thread that "americans need guns so they can protect themselves from a tyranical government"

That made me chuckle...

IF said tyranical government have guns that are likely bigger then yours... not to mention Jets/tanks... an army...etc etc Do you really think you can protect yourself from them if they chose to invade their own country?

So, then, should we just roll over and take it up the old kazoo when they come to break down our doors with their no-knock, warrantless entries?

/TOA

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wasn't even going to comment on this and then I saw where somebody called you a redcoat ? I'm thinking they might have been trying to be funny because it's been quite a while since we called Brits redcoats .

For what it's worth I remember right after 9-11 when the Queen went to a memorial and she made the band play the Star Spangled Banner instead of God save the Queen . With me that counts so feel free to speak your mind , I'm not going to forget that in the way of nations England is our mother .

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

redcoat only came out after redneck. sorry if you misunderstood that. and sorry if it wasnt you that said it. personally I have nothing against the Brits. but if names are being thrown around, I can participate.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Fireman205253 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i think a big part of it has to do with people just getting tired of having to repeat the same 1 or 2 talking points over and over. its the same thing weve all heard a thousand times: "take away guns, and only criminals will have guns", and "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away". these are very simple concepts to understand, concepts which gun haters simply ignore and instead continue on with their flawed logic. drugs are illegal, yet i can get half a dozen different types without even leaving my apartment complex, if i were so inclined.
now people from england might say "well hey, i can get drugs easily but i dont know anywhere i can get a gun". well, america isnt a small island and we dont have facial recognition cameras on every street corner quite yet. the guns are here to stay.

but just for fun, lets suppose .gov could pull off a miracle and confiscate every single last gun, even from the criminals. what happens then, when i decide to go buy some plumbing equipment from the nearest hardware store and fabricate a 10 gauge shotgun? what do we do, ban toilets and start using outhouses again? the answer is no, as is the question for more gun control.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join