It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Slave to Love, can you be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As I hear of the tragedies of those in USA and China, and all the ATS boards rants, I only have this to say to the victims and those close to them...with rivers of tears and beating my chest in order to show you my earnestness...(please read all of it, there's Hope at the end)

I've lost countess relationships, (divorced 3 times, suicide attempted twice over 2 of them), close family members I hardly talk to but, would love to every day if they'd let me, friends and yes.. even children of my own blood to the courts decision to not live with me and of children of those not my own from former marriage (though I so loved as my very own)...

I know what you are going through, all to very well, *as I lift your chin to look you in the eye*, you have a choice now, and as much as you'll miss them through the years, they will thank you for making the decision to ... Love again.

As I heard this song, there's a deep truth in it. .. It's about knowing that. in all that loss, which you'll never recover, it's that conscience decision that you will not let your emotions dictate you're actions to succumb to the places that are beneath you....decisions that will cost you more than you could ever pay..

I know it will take time, but equal time of prayer as well..

"Tell her I'll be waiting, in the usual place with the tired and weary, there's no escape..."

whatever had happened in the past, a loving heart will wait, no matter how much time passes, tired and weary they have become to wait for them again to return, no escape because, in your mind there's no other choice..

"to need a woman, you've got to know,
how the strong get weak and the rich get poor.."

To need that special someone, riches don't matter though you have a million dollars in your pocket and realize you have no one to spend it on and mental prowess of "i can do this by myself' wears very very thin like rice paper...because..

"I'm a slave to love"

I know in my mind and heart, i can't go through the actions that would be easy for me because this thing in my heart won't let me..

"I'll will be the same" ....
even with every thing in the world crashing down around you, can you still be the same person as you did before all this happened?

"I can see your smile.."
Can you? .. you might not right now, but, can you hold that memory because you will see them again ..

The Hope....

I've been married now for 9yrs to my best friend of 30yrs, and my two daughters realized how hard I fought for them and all the so called 'truths' were torn down 4 years ago and now talk to me every day, and the tables have been completely turned...

Our Celtic wedding (complete with Bagpipes) 9yrs ago, filled a 300 person church, close family members of long ago showed up, 9,000$ to blow on someone I never thought I have in my life....because...

I choose to make my decisions to be the same person as I started out to be to prove to myself and my 2 daughters and the world in general .. that making the decision to LOVE is the greatest decisions regardless of the circumstances..

I will leave you with 3 things.. the said Video ..a Psalm and a BIG hug in hopes that your recovery will be short...

Psa 20:1 To the chief music-maker. A Psalm. Of David. May the Lord give ear to you in the day of trouble; may you be placed on high by the name of the God of Jacob;
Psa 20:2 May he send you help from the holy place, and give you strength from Zion;
Psa 20:3 May he keep all your offerings in mind, and be pleased with the fat of your burned offerings; Selah.
Psa 20:4 May he give you your heart's desire, and put all your purposes into effect.
Psa 20:5 We will be glad in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will put up our flags: may the Lord give you all your requests.
Psa 20:6 Now am I certain that the Lord gives salvation to his king; he will give him an answer from his holy heaven with the strength of salvation in his right hand.
Psa 20:7 Some put their faith in carriages and some in horses; but we will be strong in the name of the Lord our God.
Psa 20:8 They are bent down and made low; but we have been lifted up.
Psa 20:9 Come to our help, Lord: let the king give ear to our cry.
BBE version

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

You must be a Pisces. I know the feeling, I have been in a lot of bad relationships and all. I am currently working on saving a two year relationship with my best friend and soul mate that stole my heart in middle school. The minute she walked back into my life a few years ago I knew I had something so true and special that I had to win her heart over. Two years later we are both in love with each other but we did have problems that forced us apart. We still love each other and are working on getting back together because while we have some issues our hearts are like magnets. We are both Pieces being born only 4 days apart. Its crazy how we can be so far apart and yet know when the other is thinking about the other.

Love concurs all. Jesus gave us this gift of true love, May he cover the people who lost their loved ones in his warmth and love to ease their pain.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
you sound so tragic, i hope i never get stuck in a lift with you.
(i mean that in a nice way).

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've never loved a real women before.
However, I met one in my lucid dream who was the perfect woman.
I think I had a taste of real love in that dream.
The sad thing is, it was way to short.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

Without tragedy you'll never feel true success. If you never see both sides of that rainbow you'll be stuck in
the middle where it's grey and dull.

(I mean that in a nice way)

The OP's happiness must be shining really bright. He's in an enviable position.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That was really very beautiful and heartfelt. Choosing to love again, after a great loss, is one of the hardest challenges in life. Not all of us can do it.

Kudos to you for being a good role model for letting the pain go, and letting love in again.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
That was really very beautiful and heartfelt. Choosing to love again, after a great loss, is one of the hardest challenges in life. Not all of us can do it.

Kudos to you for being a good role model for letting the pain go, and letting love in again.

thank you ..

I just hope and wish that those that suffer the same do the same..

it is really tough to do.. and will be hard but, the reward is healing you'll receive afterwards..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

yes.. I do, but tragedy strikes rich and poor, great and small, it's part of the human condition; we makes mistakes and mistakes are made against us, and we do actions that hurt others and others hurt us..

but, we have a choice..

thx you for the complement LOL

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

The OP's happiness must be shining really bright. He's in an enviable position

Happiness & peace, the 2 things that have eluded me half my life ..

interesting to note, my mom's life was the same way, but, before she went home, you'd never know it.. had a personal chaffer, condo, peace and someone to share it all with ... but didn't have a dime to show for it...I hope I finish the same way .. !

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

if you look for love, it always elusive..

if you be yourself and rather not be with a special someone.. they'll show up at the most oddest of times..

*lifts your chin*.. do NOT give up my friend.. love will find you where you are..

this song.. made me so furious .. and wouldn't listen to it for a long time.. but..I had to succumb to the truth..and when I did.. she was waiting for me all the time..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by Komodo

You must be a Pisces. I know the feeling, I have been in a lot of bad relationships and all. I am currently working on saving a two year relationship with my best friend and soul mate that stole my heart in middle school. The minute she walked back into my life a few years ago I knew I had something so true and special that I had to win her heart over. Two years later we are both in love with each other but we did have problems that forced us apart. We still love each other and are working on getting back together because while we have some issues our hearts are like magnets. We are both Pieces being born only 4 days apart. Its crazy how we can be so far apart and yet know when the other is thinking about the other.

Love concurs all. Jesus gave us this gift of true love, May he cover the people who lost their loved ones in his warmth and love to ease their pain.

Yes .. I am.. and yes He did .. with out Him.. I would have given up so long ago .. but, He wouldn't let give up on myself or my dreams..

Be the gentleman....and don't be afraid to tell her you'll wait .. because, you love her.. tell her you'll wait for her in the usual place .. where you can't go forward nor will you go back .. because no one else there .. listen to the song and play it for her..

remember this .. Let God work it out.. don't push her.. she needs time..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Man I think some of you really need to spend a whole lot more time by yourself, they say misery loves company and a great part of why people get together or attract to each other is because they have some misery which they would love to share and they rationalize and call that love, in fact there fears are more what binds them together then there love, which in itself is a very sad thing. Really there is nothing to be afraid of in being by yourself, its much worse to be with somebody for the sole reason that you just need to have a hole in your life filled. It seems that its like that one scab which you know that you shouldn't be picking and poking on, but you do it anyways just to open it up again. Its not love, Its just a bad habit, and maybe waiting for things is not the way to go, after all if it really was love it would not have left to begin with.

Things really are quite simple even though we like to complicate things and in most cases you can know in the beginning if its true or if its going to go somewhere, or if its just another happenstance life threw your way. And there are even test for conforming that if you so need conformities.

There is an old saying when it comes to relationships:
If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”

You equate a bunch personal experience you had in your life to an overreaching concept, would it not be best said I did this and that, and this is what happened to me and this is my experience. Your not a slave to love, that is just silly the two words don't even belong in the same sentence, your a slave to your own interpretation of your experiences.
edit on 21-12-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by Komodo

Man I think some of you really need to spend a whole lot more time by yourself, they say misery loves company and a great part of why people get together or attract to each other is because they have some misery which they would love to share and they rationalize and call that love, in fact there fears are more what binds them together then there love, which in itself is a very sad thing. Really there is nothing to be afraid of in being by yourself, its much worse to be with somebody for the sole reason that you just need to have a hole in your life filled. It seems that its like that one scab which you know that you shouldn't be picking and poking on, but you do it anyways just to open it up again. Its not love, Its just a bad habit, and maybe waiting for things is not the way to go, after all if it really was love it would not have left to begin with.

Things really are quite simple even though we like to complicate things and in most cases you can know in the beginning if its true or if its going to go somewhere, or if its just another happenstance life threw your way. And there are even test for conforming that if you so need conformities.

There is an old saying when it comes to relationships:
If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”

You equate a bunch personal experience you had in your life to an overreaching concept, would it not be best said I did this and that, and this is what happened to me and this is my experience. Your not a slave to love, that is just silly the two words don't even belong in the same sentence, your a slave to your own interpretation of your experiences.
edit on 21-12-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

well.. you ..

can't see through all that anger.. I feel sorry for you .. I hope you'll find a message in all that anger you've built up .. just to rail against a member .. so I guess your answer is.. "no I can't be and won't be .. " cause you've SERIOUSLY missed my point..
edit on 22-12-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join