It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Mr. President, Declare Martial Law Nation Wide...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well ATS, you have officially scared the crap out of me.

Are we so easily reduced to a community of fearful, desperate, blubbering idiots? Has our critical, analyzing eye been dimmed so quickly? Do we need answers so bad that we'll do anything now, no matter who it hurts in the long run?

Ban all guns!
Make gun ownership and training mandatory!
Round up all the "mentally ill"!
Put metal detectors, and TSA in every school!
Form pre-crime units!
Criminalize all gun owners!
Bring in the feds!
Do something for gods sake!!!

Here, let me sum it up for you. Please Mr. President, declare martial law nation wide, and become our dictator. Please take away our rights as citizens. Just please protect us from ourselves. I'll do anything you say.

"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond [i.e., an "extraterrestrial" invasion], whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."

Henry Kissinger
Source

It didn't take an Extra Terrestrial Invasion. It only took fear.

edit on 12/15/2012 by Klassified because: add link

edit on 12/15/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Are we so easily reduced to a community of fearful, desperate, blubbering idiots?

You've been on ATS long enough to know the answer to that question.

What do you hope to achieve with this post?

SS

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I get where your coming from, fully. But something needs to change, there is a problem that can not be ignored.

Americas attitude towards firearms is like no other, at least from an outside perspective. Its like how you stereotype us Brits and our obsession with Tea - Well we could easily see you sat eating your breakfast with 2 Beretta's at either side of your cereal, and an AK-47 tucked under the table 'just in case'.

I will put my hands up and say that taking and banning guns is too late, its very impractical to say the least. But we have to accept that the gun policy and your social environmental just isn't balanced out right, something needs to give.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here's a great plan: make us constantly cry for more and bigger and better policemen. Soon enough we'll have enough policemen well-armed enough that no citizen ever needs a gun again. Yay! Won't that be fun!?

One of my favorite Jefferson quotes:

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

The problem is not that we have too much freedom--whether it's owning guns or anything else. The problem is that we have a society constantly being manipulated into thinking that we have too much freedom. Banning guns and handing over all power to a corrupt system is not the answer....

edit on 12/15/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It isn't a gun problem... it is a GOD problem. I'm not saying that everyone should be religious zealots, and that America should force God on everyone, BUT with God comes morality, for the vast majority of people anyway. When America gave in to the 2% of the population that doesn't believe in God, it started a downward spiral that has kicked God out of society in the interest of political correctness. Evil manifests in the absence of God, and God has been absent from our society for far too long. Secular humanism has destroyed our morals, and this shooting is just one of many examples of that. Things are only going to get worse from here.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is the honest and ugly truth that people don't want to hear it right now, OP.

They usually don't want to hear the truth ever.

It's so much easier just to go with the flow, hide your head in the sand, cover your eyes
and ears tightly and scream out "I can't hear you...I can't hear you," over and over
and over until the person telling them this ugly truth just goes away...

Sheep are predictable...that is why they are so easily lead to slaughter

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
I get where your coming from, fully. But something needs to change, there is a problem that can not be ignored.

Americas attitude towards firearms is like no other, at least from an outside perspective. Its like how you stereotype us Brits and our obsession with Tea - Well we could easily see you sat eating your breakfast with 2 Beretta's at either side of your cereal, and an AK-47 tucked under the table 'just in case'.

I will put my hands up and say that taking and banning guns is too late, its very impractical to say the least. But we have to accept that the gun policy and your social environmental just isn't balanced out right, something needs to give.

We fought two wars so that we wouldn't need to worry about you Brits opinion of our society.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What disturbed me, as I perused the many topics of this "Crisis" was how those who defended and supported the 2nd ammendment were called out for doing so, as, "heartless" "nutters" etc etc...and they were so dispicable for turning it into a political debate, while those who opposed the 2nd, used the crisis to advance and further their agenda!

Very brilliant and hypocritical, that they "used" this as a political forum, while squashing the free speech of those who opposed them..........

Also the amount of people who are not from the US who used it in the same manner......
They fail to forget that the same US government that they hate for killing innocents in other countries will become the unstoppable force to control the whole world, when the time comes that they disarm the American public...

Scarey indeed!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

Are we so easily reduced to a community of fearful, desperate, blubbering idiots?

You've been on ATS long enough to know the answer to that question.

What do you hope to achieve with this post?

SS

Yes. I do know the answer to that question.

What do I hope to achieve?
A modicum of sanity. A moment of pause in each individual. A glimpse of the worst enemy we've ever faced in this country. Indeed, in this world. Fear based decision making. Reaction, instead of action...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well said, this being in the rant forum, is the only reason I decided to respond.

I was not trying, nor was it my intent to single you out, and your response is indeed clarifying.

Thank you.

SS

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy82269
We fought two wars so that we wouldn't need to worry about you Brits opinion of our society.

T'is the season to be Trolly? Troll alol alol lol lol lol. .

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Whatever one may think about the origins and beginnings of our nation, the fact remains, there were individuals who believed in freedom so much they were willing to give their own lives, as well as the lives of their families to obtain it.

We have become a mere shadow of our ancestors. A people who vacillate at the very notion we might have to sacrifice for our own good, as well as the good of the whole. A people who are so fearful, we cater and bow to the whim and fancy of those who hold the reigns of this country, and are steering it right into the headlight of an oncoming locomotive. A people so accustomed to fear based living, that we are only shocked and angered by the most heinous of acts, and only then when we are MADE to be aware of them. A people so polarized and in denial of reality, that we perpetuate the very death and destruction we so despise. Which in turn, perpetuates the fear we have become accustomed to.

As a people, it is our responsibility to objectively educate ourselves, observe, and pinpoint the very root causes of the problems we face nationally, and globally. It is OUR responsibility! Not the corporations. Not the governments. Ours, and ours alone, to steer this world into a future we desire for our children, and our grandchildren.

And that's going to require cooperation and sacrifice. That's going to require a common goal. WE need to decide what that goal is, before the minority decides it for us. WE need to decide what has more value for all of us, than our petty differences.

You want a safer and better world? Create one.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
read the OP wrong I think
edit on 15-12-2012 by Mikeyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
No kidding, I was just thinking this. What a terrible idea, but everyone on ATS is saying it - it must be super simple to control people if ATS members are begging for a dictator.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

L
L
having a bad day?

you've been here awhile dude[ette]

you know that whenever there's a shooting the fascisti,
with no shame at all, "letting no crisis go to waste",
come scurrying out in droves, like cockroaches, when you move the fridge;
and start screeching and browbeating, and NAGGING.

half of these anti gun people are incurable state-worshiping sheeple
and the other half are acting as agents.

IMHO when one of these moral cowards posts a thread it should get the TOTAL IGNORE
an anti-gun thread with only a few "yeh i'm with you" posts will go nowhere, and fail to convince anyone, because they need the pro-gun folks to get such a thread going and give it the stamp of validity.

not to mention that posting your own pro-gun thread gives them an additional forum to troll
it also allows them to hypocritically use the " heartless insensitivity" argument as seeker1963
pointed out.

in real life, the best and most irrefutable argument, to an anti-2nd amendment troll
is a beating to within an inch of their lives, followed by:
"now just pretend i'm the government, i'll bet you understand the purpose of the 2nd amendment, AND WISH YOU HAD A GUN NOW, DON'T YOU?"

that said i find many of the pro-gunners to be a fearful lot themselves, else why take the bait?
or freak out?
IMO these fearful and reactionary folks will give up their guns when faced by bigger guns
and most would be incapable of defending themselves without a gun

not into guns myself, in those of low intelligence, they produce a "shoot first and ask questions later" attitude
plainly visible in many of the police brutality threads we see here weekly.

if the POSUS/government declares a gun ban, pffft who cares? come at me bro.

a floating punch or a Dim Mak strike will still kill, no matter what kind of body armor a gov enforcer or one of these programmed killers are wearing.

and to quote Zaraki Kempachi:

"i've yet to meet someone who didn't die when i stabbed them in the throat or an eye"

lol have a star and flag
as the cockroaches are quite disgusting this time around and will require some stomping
edit on 15-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & comment

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The thing is Klassified, if it ever gets too bad in your eyes, you can always fight to change it.

The dream has yet to be made because the dream has yet to be realized.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
ATS has come a long way hasn't it? It seems to me this place has either done a 180 turn or all the sane people have disappeared or are going extinct... People used to talk about doing anything in their power to keep away from or stop a police state and now on ATS people are clamoring for it!!! The motto for this site is changing from deny ignorance to embrace ignorance and it will only get worse as time goes on.....

edit on 15-12-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
The thing is Klassified, if it ever gets too bad in your eyes, you can always fight to change it.

The dream has yet to be made because the dream has yet to be realized.

I try to do something every day to make a difference. Even if it's something as simple as getting the cashier at a convenience store, or a family member, or friend, to question what they believe, or what they've been told. Any little thing to get people to think for themselves, and not what I, or anyone else tells them to think.

I'm not just an armchair activist. I talk to real people every day, face to face.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wish I could give you more than one star. The Brits can't even take care of their own house and they want to tell us how to take care of ours.

Originally posted by billy82269

Originally posted by n00bUK

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I hear ya. I have this wild notion that a community such as this can still be an objective think tank if we really want to be. A place where we resist the need for confirmation bias. A place where we don't close our minds to everything but what we want to hear. A place where all evidence is weighed as it comes into the discussion, and we pool the intelligence and open-mindedness of the community to sort it out. Crazy idea, I know. But somehow I think it's possible if we each individually pick up that notion, and apply it on the forums.

I wish I could say I had achieved that objectivity, and impartiality, but I have a ways to go as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join