It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Mr. President, Declare Martial Law Nation Wide...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
It isn't a gun problem... it is a GOD problem. I'm not saying that everyone should be religious zealots, and that America should force God on everyone, BUT with God comes morality, for the vast majority of people anyway. When America gave in to the 2% of the population that doesn't believe in God, it started a downward spiral that has kicked God out of society in the interest of political correctness. Evil manifests in the absence of God, and God has been absent from our society for far too long. Secular humanism has destroyed our morals, and this shooting is just one of many examples of that. Things are only going to get worse from here.

You Christians have to even bring up religion in this thread eh??
And didnt you know it was a sin to lie?? People dont believe in God can have more morals than the average christian. I guess those christian run child care homes that abused kids had morals as well eh??

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Both the people who are saying:

"Ban all guns"

are just as ridiculous as the lunatics proposing:

"Give the teachers guns in school!"

Just because you ban all guns, doesn't mean guns will disappear from the streets instantaneously. I was disgusting by the reporter covering the CT shooting all day on CNN(?). At one point, they had a pastor on, to voice his opinion. The pastor himself said "I am a gun owner, and the guns aren't the problem", and the reporter cut him off and said "No, I'm tired of seeing these shootings occur. It's obvious guns are the problem and people like you are adding to the problem." They aren't even trying to cover up what they want: They only care about taking guns away from the people. It's the opposite of NRA extremism, where they displayed one man who wanted to give guns to all the teachers.

Guns are not the problem. Adding more gun laws or giving more people guns won't stop people from killing each other. This man was mental. One anti-gun person even proposed "banning all live ammunition. If you want a gun, use a taser or rubber bullets" as if that would stop people from killing.
edit on 15-12-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

what is wrong with teachers conceal carry? works here in Texas....You arm them to prevent and make schools less of a free target.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
reply to post by mr10k

what is wrong with teachers conceal carry? works here in Texas....You arm them to prevent and make schools less of a free target.

I meant all the teachers. Even those without permits, just because they are teachers. At least, that's what the extremist said.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy82269

Originally posted by n00bUK
I get where your coming from, fully. But something needs to change, there is a problem that can not be ignored.

Americas attitude towards firearms is like no other, at least from an outside perspective. Its like how you stereotype us Brits and our obsession with Tea - Well we could easily see you sat eating your breakfast with 2 Beretta's at either side of your cereal, and an AK-47 tucked under the table 'just in case'.

I will put my hands up and say that taking and banning guns is too late, its very impractical to say the least. But we have to accept that the gun policy and your social environmental just isn't balanced out right, something needs to give.

We fought two wars so that we wouldn't need to worry about you Brits opinion of our society.

Billy82269 may be wet behind the ears on ATS here, but he's got a solid point.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
It isn't a gun problem... it is a GOD problem. I'm not saying that everyone should be religious zealots, and that America should force God on everyone, BUT with God comes morality, for the vast majority of people anyway. When America gave in to the 2% of the population that doesn't believe in God, it started a downward spiral that has kicked God out of society in the interest of political correctness. Evil manifests in the absence of God, and God has been absent from our society for far too long. Secular humanism has destroyed our morals, and this shooting is just one of many examples of that. Things are only going to get worse from here.

Thanks for the very bigoted religious post. Also thanks for your false statistic on the number of atheists and agnostics in the population. 6% of American adults identify themselves as atheists/agnostics, and another 14% say they have no religious affiliation. Where's your adherence to the 9th Commandment?

I and many of my friends are atheists/agnostics and we have essentially the same moral values as anyone else in society. And if Christians were actually moral, they wouldn't join the military, which often forces them to violate the 6th Commandment.

To claim that people with a religious ideology are more moral is complete bovine fecal matter. The Catholic Church has systematically protected pedophiles over the years. The C.C. in Argentina was also in cahoots with the military government that disappeared many political dissidents after a military coup there. Just recently in Ireland a woman who was neither Irish or Catholic was denied a life-saving abortion for herself, which resulted in her excruciatingly painful death -- as well as that of the fetus. So your claim that religious people have a monopoly on morality is an utter lie. But I don't expect anything else from self-righteous religious bigots.

religious stats source
edit on 15-12-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You and Harry Belefonte have a lot in common.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Where did you find that? I've never seen that one before.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ok, your fluffiness. You can't do that to me.
You know that begs two questions...

What do we have in common?
And is that a good, bad, or other thing?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by beezzer

Ok, your fluffiness. You can't do that to me.
You know that begs two questions...

What do we have in common?
And is that a good, bad, or other thing?

Here ya go! Only a couple of minutes long.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

lol was inspired by this post on an enochwasright thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

to google "batslap"
found this meme-generator
www.quickmeme.com...

the b@tch-slapping batman one:
www.quickmeme.com...=228781853&name=Bitch%20Slappin%20Batman

made one for the planned WBC clownfest at the school were the shootings occurred [that's if they are not stoned to death, judging by the furor]
and one for the "nothing will happen" crowd

on topic: had to make a separate post as it was a while after my 1st post [here]

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Oh come on now my friend, Your Government just wanted to make sure that you guys never revolted. They seen what happened here, in France and in Spain. It was all done in order to keep you subjugated and in line. Eternal slavery is the result. As if they took your firearms away for your own safety? LMAO!!!

So quit acting like your high and mighty selves are some how better than us, and that you are morally superior in some way because you were foolish enough to let it happen to you in the first place. The truth of the matter is, that you're just weaker when it comes to protecting your rights and roll over much easier than we do. Not that our Liberties are not slowly being taken away as well.

Nothing against England either, the same blood runs through my veins. Of course you guys would like to see us Americans disarmed though. Misery indeed loves company eh mate?

~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I comprehende Beez. Who woulda thunk it?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by beezzer

I comprehende Beez. Who woulda thunk it?

Look, I'll give you props for speaking your mind. Gotta respect that freedom.

Just hope you'll respect my freedom to disagree.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why is everyone over reacting to this event? I understand it was terrible and in a perfect world, this shouldn't happened. But we live in a world with 7 billion people. Does anyone think that with that many people and unstable/crazy people out there that this won't happen? The kid is being called a genius. To do an act like this takes a lot of, for lack of a better word (my vocabulary isn't as well as my analytical skills) detemination. Its not like he woke up one morning and just decided to do it. I can't even comprehend thinking about the event from start to finish, yet he must have 100's of times and then to do it. Us normal people can not understand that kind of mind set. But for a genius to be that crazy, even if we banded guns 200 years ago, someone that smart and that sick would have found a way to do whatever he wanted.

My point is, with 7 billion people, we are going to have outliers that are so messed up and do such unimaginable acts that there is nothing we can do to prevent them unless we are prepared when they are happening. Giving up our freedoms isn't going to get ride of the crazy people out there.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You're always welcome to agree or disagree, as everyone is. If I came here only to be agreed with, I would learn nothing, and my perspective wouldn't fare any better. One of the reasons I come here is to read viewpoints that differ from my own. And I have had my mind changed a few times.

edit on 12/15/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
dude, this site is hammered by gov't trolls, paid abusers, c'mon.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Luckily, the ATS community largely consists of a fringe community of disaffected crazy blabbering idiots that no sane representative would ever listen to. Yes, there are many great informed members on this forum, but they are the minority.

Don't take the comments posted on this forum seriously. There are too many Jesus nuts, homophobes, right-wing borderline fascists and phony libertarians on these forums.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
In order for gun control to happen then would have to stop selling all guns to the public .. I don't think the government of anywhere in America would even want to think about that . The civilian versus law enforcement and military would be staggering if they tried to take away the peoples guns . If it is not with guns it will be done with knives or fertilizer .. Banning weapons doesn't do anything , except for law biding citizens .

Hell your government have / has sells armaments to what seems to be everyone and anyone over seas middle east with no questions asked .. Also it would hurt their GDP with lose of gun and ammo sales in the USA if you have to register your guns will that is a tax for the law biding citizens .. All they care about like any other government is money and more money .

However being on ATS for world population and the NWO would be a great means for them to have a reduction on population very quickly in the USA

edit on 15/12/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join