It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadliest Mass Shootings Around The World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yeah one more thread on the topic that has been done too much today but with some facts for once instead of emotional opinions.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mass shootings only happen in the US!

Those Americans are just so violent!

But wait:

In the link is the most deadly shootings listed by year:

Norway,Baku.Finland,Germany,Austrailia,England,Scotland,Canada

Oh and pay attention to the 90s when the AWB was in full force

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

No, it isnt.
Its just a selected list of SOME of the worst.
What criteria did the author choose to selected that particular list?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes there have been mass shootings in many countries, but I think the US is the only place they have them on a regular basis.

The United States is now the most violent country in the industrialized world when it comes to school shootings and mass shootings.

The USA is the World's Most Violent Industrialized Country when it Comes to Mass Shootings

I could be wrong...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Beslan school hostage crisis added up the US deaths from school violence does not even come close to the fatalities there.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Multiple shootings are extremely rare in the UK and most incidents involving two or more deaths have been related to organised crime, such as feuds between drug dealers or gangs.

Mass shootings and gun control

Mass shootings in Europe—Facts

A history of mass shootings in the US since Columbine

And in case you missed it...

The USA is the World's Most Violent Industrialized Country when it Comes to Mass Shootings

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Beslan school hostage crisis added up the US deaths from school violence does not even come close to the fatalities there.

Are you actually comparing a group of trained islamic militants to random whack jobs and in some cases students themselves???

Its amazing the lengths gun nuts will go to to justify their need to feel big and strong and safe.

Get a grip dude

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

In case someone missed it

186 children 148 adults died

rt.com...

Which means the US is not the most violent country in the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

ts amazing the lengths gun nuts will go to to justify their need to feel big and strong and safe

Oh like hiding behind government and take all those evil guns away.

Why yes it is amazing the lengths that some will go to

to feel safe.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

ts amazing the lengths gun nuts will go to to justify their need to feel big and strong and safe

Oh like hiding behind government and take all those evil guns away.

Why yes it is amazing the lengths that some will go to

to feel safe.

Guns are not a concern of mine in any way shape or form. We dont have mass shootings a few times a year here so I worry about skin cancer and choking on food more than guns.

Its funny but the list you provided, half are from the USA and only 2 other countries are mentioned twice.
Good thing you guys have guns everywhere or it could have been much worse

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It doesnt matter, none of these discussions are relevant.

It its not obvious, allow me to say it again, guns are not the problem, people/individuals are.

And if you dont get it, too bad.

We're not giving up our guns. Simple.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yeah well where I live there has never been a "mass shooting" 99.9% of Americans don't live in those areas either.

So was there a point there?

Other than to say how bad my country is?
edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

In case someone missed it

186 children 148 adults died

rt.com...

Which means the US is not the most violent country in the world.

LMFAO

Do you actually believe the dribble you spout?

How many other massacres were there in that country since then?
I dont think the militants were even from there.
Even if they were they were not a part of the society they were ISLAMIC TERRORISTS!!!!!!
Not bullied students or people with mental health issues who snapped, they were people who had been brainwashed to believe they were doing gods work and had got a 1 way ticket to paradise.

So me some examples of a country that REGULARLY has mass shootings by its citizens and your above quote can be considered something more than completely ridiculous

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
wow, US is increasingly full of american terrorists..

especially ones that kill kids

sure sounds consistent with a "big bully" mentality at the individual & gov level, to me

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yeah well where I live there has never been a "mass shooting" 99.9% of Americans don't live in those areas either.

So was there a point there?

Other than to say how bad my country is?

All I did was load my gun with the ammo you gave me so to speak, I quoted the facts from the source you provided so maybe subconciously your saying your country is bad?
It cant be that great if you feel unsafe without a gun can it?

And yes my point was the beslan killers were not members of Russian society, most of them werent even Russian and they were politically motivated.

With all your shootings they are Americans both culturally and nationally and they arent political they are people venting anger and frustration at the world with no goal in mind other than to kill.

It amazes me none of you see (or most likely you choose to ignore) the difference

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Do you actually believe the dribble you spout?

No just don't buy into to I'm evil just because I have a gun

How many other massacres were there in that country since then? I dont think the militants were even from there. Even if they were they were not a part of the society they were ISLAMIC TERRORISTS!!!!!!

Come agian?

Psychos running around with a gun is still a pyscho.

So me some examples of a country that REGULARLY has mass shootings by its citizens and your above quote can be considered something more than completely ridiculous

Why?

Some people are telling me people are dropping like flies around me when they don't live here so hot damn I should just take their word for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

All I did was load my gun with the ammo you gave me so to speak, I quoted the facts from the source you provided so maybe subconciously your saying your country is bad? It cant be that great if you feel unsafe without a gun can it?

Loaded with blanks maybe

And yes my point was the beslan killers were not members of Russian society, most of them werent even Russian and they were politically motivated.

So the end was the same

With all your shootings they are Americans both culturally and nationally and they arent political they are people venting anger and frustration at the world with no goal in mind other than to kill.

Some are just in case someone forgot Giffords and with all "my" shootings?

Yeah right what amazes me is what other people ignore because they love to stand on their pedstals looking down at others,.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No just don't buy into to I'm evil just because I have a gun

Never said you or any other gun lover on this forum were evil, blinded by your love of guns and fear of the unknown and perhaps a bit ignorant to reality yes but not evil

Come agian? Psychos running around with a gun is still a pyscho.

True but being honest Im more disturbed by the thought of Students snapping and killing fellow students than politically motivated psychos killing people. Before anyone jumps down my throat I find both abhorrent but kids doing it for no reason than being bullied!!!! It scares the crap out of me more than any Islamic seperatist

Why? Some people are telling me people are dropping like flies around me when they don't live here so hot damn I should just take their word for it.

I noticed you chose not to supply a country, not because you didnt feel the need to but because there arent any.

Maybe they arent dropping around you but how many mass shootings has that been in the past few months in the good ol US of A? is it 3 or 4?
The shootings arent done by drug cartels, islamic militants or even revolutionaries just plain mentally disturbed citizens

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Never said you or any other gun lover on this forum were evil, blinded by your love of guns and fear of the unknown and perhaps a bit ignorant to reality yes but not evil

So what?

I like guns big deal but then agian mass shootings around the world is the topic not my preference for a weapon.

True but being honest Im more disturbed by the thought of Students snapping and killing fellow students than politically motivated psychos killing people. Before anyone jumps down my throat I find both abhorrent but kids doing it for no reason than being bullied!!!! It scares the crap out of me more than any Islamic seperatist

Same damn reasoning behind it

I noticed you chose not to supply a country, not because you didnt feel the need to but because there arent any.

So?

The only country anyone wants to talk about and denigate is the US there are plenty of countries out there like the entire continent of Africa. the middle east, Asia but really who cares.

Americans and their "gun nuts" which is an insult btw.

Maybe they arent dropping around you but how many mass shootings has that been in the past few months in the good ol US of A? is it 3 or 4? The shootings arent done by drug cartels, islamic militants or even revolutionaries just plain mentally disturbed citizens

Thanks for reminding about Mexico where they are dropping like flies from guns.

Had enough of the superiority complex, and consdescension.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Loaded with blanks maybe

Obviously not, you took my quoting of your article as an attack on your country. The same article you linked in an attempt to defend it

So the end was the same

Very true but there beginnings could not have been further apart.

Some are just in case someone forgot Giffords and with all "my" shootings? Yeah right what amazes me is what other people ignore because they love to stand on their pedstals looking down at others,.

Where did it say the Gifford shooting was political?
Yes she was a politician but all I could find said he was fixated with her and he never politicised it and in fact refused to talk about it.

Ive addressed everything youve said so what am I ignoring?

Being honest dude, you picked an awful way with this thread to try and validate your point

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Obviously not, you took my quoting of your article as an attack on your country. The same article you linked in an attempt to defend it

Matter of opinion.

Where did it say the Gifford shooting was political?

The article didn't but the fact is Giffords and others were shot at a political event.

Ive addressed everything youve said so what am I ignoring?

People die all over the world but it is only bad because it is the US.

Being honest dude, you picked an awful way with this thread to try and validate your point

Nope some people just love to hate the Us and they will latch on to anything to validate that belief and there is nothing honest about that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join