It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Wins Again...European Food Safety Authority Rejects Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

As predicted, the EFSA, which is basically the European version of the corrupt U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), announced recently that the infamous GM corn study out of France "cannot be regarded as scientifically sound" because of alleged "inadequacies in its design, reporting and analysis." Case closed, if you will. With the stroke of a pen, in other words, this corporate-influenced bureaucracy basically discarded one of the only independent, long-term studies to have ever been conducted on the safety of a GMO, and one that just so happened to show incredible health dangers associated with its consumption. As a result, millions of Europeans will now likely be exposed to this deadly "Frankenfood" whether they like it or not. In case you missed it, researchers from the University of Caen discovered back in September that rats fed Monsanto's Roundup-Ready, NK603 GM corn, which is already widely cultivated in the U.S., for several months developed severe organ damage and behemoth cancer tumors -- and most of them died prematurely compared to rats not fed the GMO.

Russia immediately banned imports and others were to follow suit until suddenly everyone jumped on the failed study bandwagon. Instead of calling for further study, the balls rolling again for imports.

Suprised?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Surprised? no.
Disgusted? YES.

GM foods are one of my pet hates and this is just the tip of the iceberg. God only knows how bad this will get in the future.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think the solution is to give the consumer a choice. Marking foods which contain GM products is probably the simplest way, but the reluctance to do so by government authorities is plain to see.

The reason being that (in my opinion) most people would simply not buy anything GM related because we just don't know what it does to us. If consumers shunned the GM product it would become unprofitable for farmers to grow it.

How healthy can wheat be if it is able to be sprayed with deadly poisons, and survive?

As most crops are open pollinated how long before all the "pure heritage strains" are contaminated with the "patented" dna of GMO?

I've given up on buying my vegetables from the supermarket and now grow most of what I eat in my vegetable garden, with heritage seeds bought over the internet. You can't imagine the difference in taste and I have the peace of mind in knowing what I'm eating.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Monsanto will always win, they own our courts/governments, no surprise there.
The only way we'll be rid of this poison is to refuse to shop where gmo products are sold.

Grow your own, and only shop in non gmo stores.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately not an option for millions in poverty and I think the aim is to control the wages and control the food.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not only did the European Food Safety Authority condemn the study, but so did six other European nations. The study was described as unscientific, incomplete, invalid, and pretty much worthless. They asked the study author for information about the data in his study and he refused to provide it. It was a study worth rejecting.

It's not a Monsanto victory, it's a Science victory.

This was briefly discussed here, along with another Genetic Engineering issue. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Give any sane person the choice of NATURAL food, or GMO food and I'm sure they'll choose natural.

The "we need it to feed the starving" is a load of BS. Just take a look at all the land thats NOT being used to grow food!!! If you want to think people are starving because theres not enough food then ask yourself why we're not filling all the unused land with crops!!!

People are starving because it suits the agenda.
GMO is being forced on us because it suits the agenda.

The agenda is depopulation and total ownership of the whole world and its food supply.

Wake up people!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
As en example of GMO just look at McDonald's food even after months the food especially fries doesn't breakdown so its not natural food that we consume and that's also the leading cause of obesity. Here is a study that shows that the fries doesn't age.

Source

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
As en example of GMO just look at McDonald's food even after months the food especially fries doesn't breakdown so its not natural food that we consume and that's also the leading cause of obesity. Here is a study that shows that the fries doesn't age.

Source

Could someone please fix my youtube link think I've done it wrong thanks

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Meanwhile in Peru
I guess there should be an ATS thread about it, but the search function doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment (it never loads), so excuse me for not linking to it.

new topics

top topics

join