It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NWO isn't that bad...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I've just read a link on www.whitehouse.gov and although if you read the stuff that it has on the NWO it is really reasurring. I am not making this comment because of what just happened to me (after my AIM conversation convincing this one person that the New world order is in fact real, and then this site suddenly was deactivated from my reaching and it reapearred shortly after I complained to an admin), but I've realized that from the speech GWB gave, it mainly is to promote peace and to secure freedoms for everyone, and it really cleared up things which I was confused about from GHB Senior speech. I think a NWO is neccessary to promote third world countries too, these are just my thoughts. If you've read up of what this website has on the NWO, you would have to admit that this is alot better than what would happen if the CIA or another organization came into power, since they view that we shouldn't have our liberties.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by NWObringer]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Although I still am pretty angry about a One world government, it just seems like the only way to preserve peace. Basically from what I've seen so far is that the NWO is basically like the league of nations, but I believe that it will fall apart after a while when it is in power.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
wouldn't it just become like now. Under a one world government, couldn't these "regions" which are still countries today simple allign themselves with one another? I cant see much changing then it is right now if we do come into a one government power.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think a one world government would be a good thing. The problem with it is there are many different opinions as to what form this government should take. I think it could be run democraticly. Every nation would keep thier current government base, however, to get things approved, it would have to be submitted to a governing board, much like the UN. To be quite honest, the only thing that is stopping it from happenning, is no country is willing to let the UN make decesions for them. If you think about it, we already have One world gov in the UN. For most countries, you cant declare war without UN approval. This alone is a huge aspect of governong the world with one body.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Like it or not, we are very close to one world order, new and old.
With all the colaboration we have with other countries, the ball is already rolling. Governments just have to get a grip and focus on making sure that liberties are preserved.
1) We don't step on others religions, unless it involves harm to others.
2) We don't go taking others land or resources, fair trade rules.
3) Respect the environment, we need it to survice NIMBY does not work!
4) We don't need an all encompassing government, just respect amongst nations.
When people control the government, the government stays in check. If we let them rule, then the tyrants take over and do what they wish. We only have a few communist countries remaining, in time they to will join the rest of civilization and the world will be in order. I would say that in 50 years or less, if we keep from blowing ourselves up and keep radicals from nukes, we might see a new awakening of mankind. It doesn't have to be Orwellean with this hostile take over. The trend that swept the EU has brought more peace to that region than ever seen before. 1991-1992 was a pivitol time, think what might be different if we had not put western miltary units in Saudi Arabia?

If we as a world can do it right, we can still be Americans, and other nations can keep their pride, nationality, heritage and religion. The human spirit is stronger that any government, just don't drink the punch they serve, make your own punch and VOTE!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
While in general somekind of order is necessary for mankind to survive, I think there is a need for some element of chaos. Sort of a creative spark if you will. I think that depends on certain less magnanamous qualities of people, such as greed, maniacal pathos, sort of drama. There has to be a raw edge that fires us up as well as a circumscribing order. It is the interplay between the two that is essential for all life, and in the case of human beings that relates most to our concious minds [maybe un or subconcious minds].

Sometimes you have to ride the tiger and take your chances.

For many people, including myself, they seem to seek some kind of idealized, tranquil, gently progressive world to live in, but it could be that some essential pathological drives are required too and may even be more important.

Perhaps it is the level of granularity of survivability that establishes us better as a species that we are and possibly will become.

Does anyone else have a slightly adverse reaction to 'all sweetness and light social harmony'? It sounds a bit nauseating and suspect to me. By being too agreeable to what other people want it makes us vulnerable to what perhaps wills and desires that are not human may want. Not that I would necessarily reject something that was not human's will, but I want it out and open about what it is and for the most part what it's motivations are.

Hey, being human my selfish interests are for humans. And most notably for one particular specific human.

You might think of it as the robust survival technique. Putting eggs in many different baskets is broadly based strategy. People should be trying (living?) in many different types of societies and governments to see what ones have what good/useful qualities.

Monoculture is VERY risky.

Also if we are, for the near-term, isolated as a species [in deep space (time?)] that can lead to high cultural development like the Egyptians or the Chinese, but leaves you vulnerable to when some outside war oriented conquerers come along. So one should always be honing ones military abilities. But a truly sophisticated species would be very sensitive to being conqured in the realm of ideas and emotions. We have no idea how subtle and intricate and sophisticated a truly advanced species [or individual(s)] might use to conquer us. Heck many of us, sometimes myself included are sucked in by the mind control of commerical advertising. Many promoters of products are even using more subtle techniques of pseudo-aquaintances introducing us to new products, posing as a new-found friend.

In infinite dimensions, one should attempt to guarded in as many directions as possible.

Perhaps the NWO is mostly an illusion. And the ones most sucked in by it are the ones who think they are 'making' it happen. Or if they are intelligent they realize and accept that it is mostly an illusion and that is a good thing.

If the NWO is not mostly an illusion, we are probably doomed as a species.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A one world government is the next logical step for us (i've keep saying this), but its the way its meant to be brought about which is bad (apparently). NWO or plans for a one world government, as i like to call it, will be a peaceful and great for our race

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So let's think about that for a second what was the single most act of revoking freedoms from Americans? the Patriot act. Who was involoved in the creation of the Patriot Act? George Bush now if you think that after allowing a bill like that to pass you can count on any government to secure your freedoms well then I suggest you do more research.
Add to that the war in Iraq well there goes the peace plan.

just thought that I would add that though I do not agree with the war in Iraq I support the troops all the way bring em home safe and soon.

geo

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
A one world government is the next logical step for us (i've keep saying this), but its the way its meant to be brought about which is bad (apparently). NWO or plans for a one world government, as i like to call it, will be a peaceful and great for our race

Yes, it is. A democratic OWG, formed out of various states co-operating with each other, who are in turn powered by the people, is definitely good for us. However the NWO is something different.

To see if peace and harmony is being ushered in by the NWO. Just look at what they are doing; war; war at home; war abroad. So no, peace and harmony is not being brought in by the NWO. It's quite the opposite in fact and could land us in an apolcalyptic Third World War, where billions perish.
I am not sure about you, but I don't think that's better than what we have now. This is why the NWO are bad for us.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

new topics

top topics

join