It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye 2nd Amendment.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
First off, let me say that I believe the shootings in Connecticut and at the Oregon mall are terrible and I am deeply saddened for the families involved.

I do not challenge the fact that they occurred but I am highly suspicious of the timing. These rash of shootings come while the 2nd Amnd. is being argued on capitol hill and is in more danger than it has ever been in American history.

Random shootings across the US serve as talking points and examples for people who want to revoke the 2nd Amendment.

Does anyone think it is possible that these incidents could have been manufactured by the powers that be in order to sway or perhaps force the American people into willingly allowing themselves to be disarmed? ...Sort of a social engineering operation...

We are being bombarded with the idea that people should be 'better trained' on how to use fire arms as if that would somehow prevent these kinds of things from happening. That is just stupid. The sick person who shot up the school in Connecticut was clearly not lacking training.

I fully support the idea of doing a better job of screening people when they buy firearms. That makes sense. So why do officials and families of victims keep saying better 'Training"?

What would the government gain by enforcing a new law that would require a mandatory training program? I'll tell you... If the public gets on board based on incidents like these, a bill could be introduced that will create federalized requirements for weapons ownership, thus removing each states right to have their own gun laws.

This would be the logical next step in disarming the American people.

Tell me what you think...

I have nothing to back this up but the CIA's MK Ultra program is in my mind.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
People die in accidents, in deliberate attacks, by drunken drivers, by nutters with swords and guns...it's sad for those involved, but that's life.

The vast majority (it's a democracy in the USA right?) of gun owners are normal, responsible people, who either use their guns for sports or for self defense.

It's also protection against a lunatic government should one arrive on the scene and attempt to take the citizenry's rights away...those rights are being stripped away as i type...now imagine how much worse things would get, if the government wasn't the least bit apprehensive of how 300 million people WITH guns might react to being rounded up at night never to be heard from again?

Remove the protection of guns, you remove liberty..forever.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
People die in accidents, in deliberate attacks, by drunken drivers, by nutters with swords and guns...it's sad for those involved, but that's life.

The vast majority (it's a democracy in the USA right?) of gun owners are normal, responsible people, who either use their guns for sports or for self defense.

It's also protection against a lunatic government should one arrive on the scene and attempt to take the citizenry's rights away...those rights are being stripped away as i type...now imagine how much worse things would get, if the government wasn't the least bit apprehensive of how 300 million people WITH guns might react to being rounded up at night never to be heard from again?

Remove the protection of guns, you remove liberty..forever.

This must be one of the most ignorant post I have ever read!!

Seriously stop hittin' the moonshine!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
People kill people, with guns.

People kill people, with knives

People kill people, with rocks/blunt objects

People kill people, with their bare hands

This has nothing to do with the second amendment, this has everything to do with crazy people. You can ban guns but the good people won't have them, and the criminals will!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

(it's a democracy in the USA right?)

Nope. Constitutional Republic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Neojournalist

You ask, "Does anyone think it is possible that these incidents could have been manufactured by the powers that be "?

I answer with another question, How do you recruit an accomplice to go shoot up an elementary school, and who would accept the offer???
Answer: nobody in their right mind, I'm thinking MKUltra.
We'll see though, maybe the surviving shooter will tell us of his eternal torment at the hands of primary school children...

I smell something.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I think if this is anything along those lines, the surviving shooter will end up dead, shortly.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You ask, "Does anyone think it is possible that these incidents could have been manufactured by the powers that be "?

I answer with another question, How do you recruit an accomplice to go shoot up an elementary school, and who would accept the offer???
Answer: nobody in their right mind, I'm thinking MKUltra.
We'll see though, maybe the surviving shooter will tell us of his eternal torment at the hands of primary school children...

I smell something.

Maybe just a nutter..eh..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Update: Ryan Lanza age 24 of New Jersey. FB page says he was born in Newtown, CT

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Dude, your fundamental misunderstanding is as follows:

The training, implies that, because they're familiar with guns, they will own guns. (And I can appreciate I'm beating a horse that has been rendered a pool of goop) If all of you "decent" people, responsible people, owned guns, how many gun crimes would be completed? And I mean, how many of the gun crimes, would reach their intended effect? If a few teachers in that school earlier today had their own guns, they would have had the opportunity to save 20 lives. Do you think that just owning a gun makes someone immoral? If you think that, then what about the current gun owners who have never been charged with a gun crime (the majority of gun owners)?

The problem is, has been, and always will be, criminals. You can call them maniacs. You can call them terrorists. They're all the same thing. Criminals. Why isn't the U.S. law enforcement doing their job you may ask. And that is indeed a story for another day. But suffice it to say, they're busy harassing our citizens, and millions of others around the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ban knives as well???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Have you EVER taken the time toFreaking Notice notice that every mass shooting happens in GUN FREE ZONES!!!!!!! No you didn't notice that now did you.
The theater, mall, school....

Seems mass murderers (alphabet agencies included) prefer their victims and the possible protectors to be unarmed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

No it is an Oligararchy. They are just more blatent about it now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

You may be right, but I hope not.
If this guy is crazy, he has a one in 8 billion brain we will want to study someday.

reply to post by Soloprotocol

No, not just a nutter, TWO nutters apparently, that's what I'm getting at.
Really, A person generally decides to go mass murdering kids, TWO people NEVER decide to go mass murdering children. ... well except for today anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i dont know what to make of this it's prob fake but i found it on the facebook page for ryan lanza
twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Maybe tomorrow I'll go back to defending the Second Amendment. I always have. But this... all those kids?

Kids for Christ sake.

Today I don't give the first damn about gun rights. Today I don't care about talking points, or political positions, or anything else along those lines.

Today all I care about is a school, filled with dead kids, and the fact that we live in a world that enabled some freaking idiot to take their lives. Somewhere we have failed as a society and it's time for us to stop being obtuse about the subject and sit down to have a long discussion about how to rectify this.

Better mental health? Stronger background checks for guns? Better tracking on guns that are sold?

I don't know.

I do know that for the first time in decades, I feel sick to my stomach and am absolutely shocked.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Slante

I'm not sure you made much of a point by suggesting whatever you think my "fundamental misunderstanding" is before you went on. You comment was pretty hard to wrap my head around. I suggested that the 'training' argument in the media seems to suggest an argument for federalizing gun laws not for addressing the screening process. One has to ask why that would be the case.

You can only take the guns out of the hands of innocent people because they are the only ones who would give them up if the 2nd amnd were ever revoked. I for one would not fall into that category. I would brake the law and still maintain an illegal unregistered weapon. The reason being is that I am not confident that law enforcement agencies can take the guns out of the hands of the criminals. Infact, the FBI and the ATF have both been caught selling them to criminals.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The second amendment is a document, an Idea, its what our founding fathers were attempting to instill in us as a preventative measure to Tyranny.
Instead of us using the power of this instrument ,we choose to allow ourselves to become ignorant sheep that need herders to guide us in whatever direction they see fit.

If they choose to decide that we no longer need freedom, its our fault, because we allowed them to herd us as sheep and not the free Americans that our forefathers bravely fought and died for

The question you must ask yourself is...Whats more important....Freedom or enslavement?

You have the power to decide

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by khimbar

No it is an Oligararchy. They are just more blatent about it now.

I'd argue plutocracy myself.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You state, "Today I don't give the first damn about gun rights".
Then you have mistakenly fallen into where the PTB would have you.
It is ok to give up your rights, I will keep mine thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join