It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA wants Control of Highways and ALL Internal Travel in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
dollarvigilante.com...

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is tightening its grip on domestic travcel. I don't mean the random, unpredictable security checks at bus, subway and train stations which already exist. I mean a coordinated and systematic police control of internal travel within America. Groundwork is being laid. APPLICATION TO MAKE U.S. INTO AN AIRPORT SCREENING ZONE The application was tucked away on page 71431 of Volume 77, Number 231 of the Federal Register (November 30). It was surrounded by soporific references to forwarding “the new Information Collection Request (ICR) abstracted below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval under the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA).” The application for funding from the TSA constitutes a preliminary step toward systematically expanding TSA's authority from airports to highways and almost every other means of public travel. The expansion would erase one of the last remaining differences between the US and a total police state; namely, the ability to travel internally without being under police surveillance. The total police state you experience at airports wants to spill into roads and bus stops, to subways and trains. Or, rather, the TSA wants to solidify and spread the fledgling and erratic presence it already has.

This is exactly how Hitler did this for those of you too young. Bomb some buildings, take power, papers please and then families start disappearing in the night from the secret police.

This must be stopped.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

S & F. deffinately something to keep an eye on. But I'm sure it'll be worded to the effect that it's for our own good, cause we all know the "government" knows whats best for us, now move along folks, nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The sad part is that so few people actually know anything of history that we are almost guaranteed to repeat it. This is definitely the 4th Reich in the making. We are making all of the same mistakes the German citizens made. Everything is falling in line. It will be soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

In anticipation of the supposed upcoming "Nazi Police State" I think from now on when I need to drive on the Interstate I will start bringing my dog with me. While he is a big baby for me he looks vicious enough to possibly curb the desire of an agent to want to search my vehicle. There's nothing in the car that would be considered illegal, but it's just the principle of it all. If that doesn't deter them I imagine I probably know many more back road routes than they do and will do my best to avoid them.

I know it's a long way from trains and long haul trucks to private cars, but when has a government funded agency ever NOT done their damnedest to increase their power?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

The sad part is that so few people actually know anything of history that we are almost guaranteed to repeat it. This is definitely the 4th Reich in the making. We are making all of the same mistakes the German citizens made. Everything is falling in line. It will be soon.

Yes but the American government seems to be persecuting all of it's citizens except for the rich whereas Hitler was supposedly, at first, only persecuting the Jews. Our government doesn't even seem to be trying to get us on their side for this one. They know the people aren't going to stop them so they're just going for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX

Originally posted by kozmo

Yes but the American government seems to be persecuting all of it's citizens except for the rich whereas Hitler was supposedly, at first, only persecuting the Jews. Our government doesn't even seem to be trying to get us on their side for this one. They know the people aren't going to stop them so they're just going for it.

Well the government just seems to want to help anyone that will help them. Sadly they don't think a larger portions of their own people wouldn't be any help to them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I voted against Al Gore and John Kerry... Not for Bush.

Just another un-intended consequences of compassionate conservatism. This one we can definitely be laid at his feet.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think its really what the people of this country deserve, and maybe that's not enough?
They allow a 2 party system to divide them, they allow secret closed congressional sessions that connive them, they allow unrestricted presidential privilege that steals from them, they allow the media and the corporate world to lie and poison them, they allow everything they allow, because they are all naive and stupid sheep that deserve everything they have coming to them, because they allow it...its absolutely hilarious

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
out of all the completely brain dead morons I know , not one of them works for the tsa. I just cannot understand the complete lack of common sense it would take for these people to think that they are making us "safer". I personally think that this move will lead to a serious backlash against them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Unfortunately, like most cops, they will say the dog is viscious, or tried to bite them, and shoot the poor thing. Don't put your dog in danger.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You do understand when this is in place that martial law is the next step?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We are so close to being another Reich it is impossible to comprehend. If someone were to time travel from the WW2 era to now...they would be sure we lost the war.

The sad part is that in times of tragedy and human cruelty and evil...the sheep just throw their freedoms away thinking it is for the greater good and there is nothing good about it...

We have witnessed similar acts before...taking advantage of tragedy...

edit on 12/14/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

"Freedom of travel" is a constitutional right. Yes, vehicles may be required to be registered as well as the licensing of drivers to operate said vehicles BUT this opens the door to be stopped on the sidewalk even and requested to "show us your papers please!"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It also means instant arrest at the disgression of some TSA tyrant.
One step away from the Nazi SS agents who had the same power

new topics

top topics

join