It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
WCBS-TV: Some children found hiding in closets moments ago at Connecticut school in Newtown

Yes, I read several stories earlier about teachers hiding their kids in closets.
That's some really big closets they have at that school that can hold 3 dozen kids or so.

And all this time nobody has done a thorough search of the school?
How very odd.

link   

link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i do not know the fathers name or the brother yet.

i do know i was on his fb a few hours ago....thats now long gone. i also looked at his gf face book as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

sorry i didn't finish my post......such chaos.

The father i believe lived in NJ which is between Virginia and Connecticut

now do the pieces fit?

Are you 100% positive that it was Va Tech? The reason I ask is b/c I heard about a campus in WVA (Ferrum college/univ. - not sure about the spelling) that sounded similiar to what you mentioned earlier in the thread.

Not trying to derail, I just thought I would mention it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Off topic (kinda)- And I am not trying to bury information but...

You guys are great. This thread has contained the best and fastest information I have found online- I am watching the news and hearing things here waaaay before the news reports the same info. Good job and thanks- From scanner feeds to links to opinions.

Thanks.

link   

And all this time nobody has done a thorough search of the school?
How very odd.

about 10:30 cnn said that they had searched the school from top down.

link   

link   
It was Adam lanza not Ryan with an m4 and 10 mm glock
edit on 14-12-2012 by ReVoLuTiOn76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
Why are the media posting all this conflicting misinfo.
Are they being told this by officials and if so why?

If I recall this morning on a post I read at the beginning of this thread
it was being reported that a child was shot, a teacher shot in the foot and the principal.
How did it go from that story to all of this?

In the scurry to get the headline, news agencies often report wrong or misleading information. It's a developing story so facts won't be certain for possibly days yet. I think it's a race to get viewers, which fund their advertising budgets. It's all business.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: added a comma so it made sense

I get that. But, supposedly there is a spokesperson with LE feeding this misinfo in dribs and drabs.
Right?

link   
they are saying on fox right now that it wasn't ryan lanza but it was his brother. WTH.

link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

im 90% sure it was vtech but i could be mistaken.....ill look for that right now

link   
Why is it that they're so quick to take down these people's Facebook, et-al pages? I'd really like to know what the hell was going on in this scumbag's mind.

link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Nj reporter interviewed the alleged shooter nice they havent shown a picture.nj reporter

Well, I'm going to assume that if the shooter is dead, and if they are saying that this Ryan is talking to anyone at all about anything, then he's not the shooter. Seems simple enough to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Just looked at his FB page. Strange thing is there is photo that I can see taken just days ago of him dressed in all black. A reply to the photo is this:

Look like you're about to buy an Ale, but then paint a picture of it... very mixed... all good, though. Kinda like if Solid Snake was wearing a Neo trenchcoat. This can only turn out awesome.

The guy who said thats name was Jonathan Russell. Since Ryan's FB was taken down I cant see when this comment was posted but I do know it was very recent. I'm looking at the guy who posted on his page, and a buddy of his. Sounds like this fellow was a drinking buddy of his, of his 100+ friends this guy was the only one to comment on his picture. The comments on Jonathans pics/page are abit odd as well.

www.facebook.com...#!/jonathan.russell.37266

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A friend on facebook has just stated that there are 22 fatalities; is this true??

link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Why are the media posting all this conflicting misinfo.
Are they being told this by officials and if so why?

If I recall this morning on a post I read at the beginning of this thread
it was being reported that a child was shot, a teacher shot in the foot and the principal.
How did it go from that story to all of this?

In the scurry to get the headline, news agencies often report wrong or misleading information. It's a developing story so facts won't be certain for possibly days yet. I think it's a race to get viewers, which fund their advertising budgets. It's all business.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: added a comma so it made sense

I get that. But, supposedly there is a spokesperson with LE feeding this misinfo in dribs and drabs.
Right?

I guess the LE guy is only getting fed info as they get it, a proper forensic investigation takes a long time and as it's such a high profile case the LEA are going to want to be seen to be doing it right. It's my take on it anyway. I don't want to think there's any conspiracy behind this as it's too terrible to contemplate.

link   
They are saying here in Jersey that his girlfriend & another friend are missing.

link   
I cant find a recording of the presidents speech that follows him out of the room. The only ones online now keep the camera on the podium.

I hope someone somewhere DVR'ed the thing. He clearly passed a paper on the wall that said "YOU'LL PAY MORE"

And i didn't like the implication.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ferrum lockdown 12/13

i believe there could be a connection between them......the timing is impeccable.

they may have just pointed the finger as an armed robbery attempt.........

there is no saying if he attempted to shoot up this place and his attempt was foiled.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join