It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabilized HD footage of Moon LRV!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Very cool. The only thing not cool is that thought of unsureness if real or not. However, if we really did go to the moon, and hopefully we did, I think it's a great achievement.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So was the rover attached to the lander, or was it sort of flat packed?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
reply to post by wildespace

That is awesome footage.
I especially liked the triangle ufo at 12:03!

Considering that the LEM had just detached from the CM, I think that could be some kind of debris associated with the undocking procedure.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Both!

The base of the LM had little pie-shaped areas in which equipment could be stowed (such as "quadrant one" in the image below:

That piece of pie was about 5 feet x 5 feet x 5 feet. The Lunar Rover would need to fit in this tiny space, so it was made so it could be folded up for travel to the Moon, then unfolded (relatively easily) by the astronauts once they got there.

more information and image source:
"How did they Pack the Apollo Lunar Rover?"

Here is a link to section 2 of the Lunar Rover operating manual, which includes the deployment procedure that the astronauts needed to follow to get the LEM unstowed and operational:

Link -- THIS LINK OPENS DIRECTLY TO A 5MB PDF FILE

Links to see the rest of the manual can be found on this page:
Lunar Rover Operations Handbook Links

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

That is awesome footage.

Considering that the LEM had just detached from the CM, I think that could be some kind of debris associated with the undocking procedure.

Oh I'm sure it was, but I thought I would stir up the 'you know who's'

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

SEE what happens when you joke about something it comes back and bites you in the A55.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Oh I'm sure it was, but I thought I would stir up the 'you know who's'

I figured as much, hence the addition of the friendly smiley to my post

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

SEE what happens when you joke about something it comes back and bites you in the A55.

I love the cartoon astronaut graphics.
The early 1970s were in some ways such a simpler time.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
I'm not sure if this footage was stabilized with modern software or if it was done closer to the time of filming. Either way it shows that we have/had the capability of producing high quality footage and images. There is no excuse for the stuff we get from Mars or even the other moon footage.

If you read the video description it would have told you how it was stabilized. It was stabilized using the open source editing software virtualdub and a filter called deshaker.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow I never even knew footage like that even existed, never seen it before the stable footage helps a lot with seeing it clearly, very cool!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
HOUSE ROCK......

And the strange debri in the area.

edit on 14-12-2012 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, I'll be dashed. It DOES leave tracks.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So interestingly I thought I'd try and find where these new scans are from. Turns out NASA rescanned most of the films in some time ago, but the only place that seems to have access to them is here:

www.footagevault.com...

Surely Americans must be able to get access to these files without paying the rather ridiculous prices listed here. I don't quite understand why this is the only source available. Still, you can view high quality (but low resolution) versions of a lot of apollo footage here.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You'd think something as treasured and "legendary" as our moon landings would have films being sold by more than a place known as Footage Vault on the internet. Perhaps even footage would be available on the NASA or government websites as a way to garner support and money for future missions. I was rather surprised with how clear the footage is and I hope more people can get a hold of older footage shot this way that we can then destabilize it.

It is pretty incredible stuff. I recently found this website that has an interactive launch of the original Apollo mission. It has all sorts of data and info points and you can take the rocket from launch and all of the stages until landing. It is a pretty cool website that everyone should check out if they're interested in the moon or space exploration at all.. I have no affiliation with the website, just found it very cool and informational and I think you'd all enjoy it.

We Choose The Moon

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Having grown up near 'The Cape' and watched the evolution of it as family, then later myself, working there was somewhat of a family tradition...we have no doubt what happened.

Having been so personally involved we are very proud of the achievements, so seeing this video takes me back home again.

Fake moon footage filmed in a highly funded studio, takes you back home eh?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
You'd think something as treasured and "legendary" as our moon landings would have films being sold by more than a place known as Footage Vault on the internet. Perhaps even footage would be available on the NASA or government websites as a way to garner support and money for future missions.

DVDs of excellent quality and comprehensive video & film content are available from Spacecraft Films. Superb documentation can be found at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal (though the video quality is not great) and Landing Apollo. High quality photo scans are at both sites, and also The Project Apollo Archive.

I recently found this website that has an interactive launch of the original Apollo mission. It has all sorts of data and info points and you can take the rocket from launch and all of the stages until landing. It is a pretty cool website that everyone should check out if they're interested in the moon or space exploration at all.. I have no affiliation with the website, just found it very cool and informational and I think you'd all enjoy it.

We Choose The Moon

Cool! I can't wait to check it out. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's defiantly fake. I can see it without any trouble. Americans always fake things. I would only trust scandinavian countries if they said they went to the moon.

jra

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar
It's defiantly fake. I can see it without any trouble.

What is it that you can see, that seems fake to you?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Pretty pricey: www.spacecraftfilms.com...
But there's some free HD footage on Youtube: viewfromabove.co.uk...
Gogole search results

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

That is awesome footage.

Yeah I spotted that too . WTF was that ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join