It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"2012 A-Z" - A Galaxial Event of Disneyesque Proportion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
I've had training in public speaking. One thing you do is show some humor along the way. He did everything right in his presentation as a professional.

I have also had extensive training and 20 years' experience in public speaking. I do not recall laughing at one's own jokes being advised as an professional or effective way to convey humor to one's audience. But forget the presentation style. It's irrelevant. What he presented was mostly nonsense.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure

I've had training in public speaking. One thing you do is show some humor along the way. He did everything right in his presentation as a professional.

I have also had extensive training and 20 years' experience in public speaking. I do not recall laughing at one's own jokes being advised as an professional or effective way to convey humor to one's audience. But forget the presentation style. It's irrelevant. What he presented was mostly nonsense.

He probably HAD to laugh to let the video audience know it was meant as a joke. There were only 3 people there.

I disagree. I found it very informative. At least I'll know what's happening if we have 3 days of darkness, or light. That will keep me from freaking out.

edit on 12/18/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/18/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

He probably HAD to laugh to let the video audience know it was meant as a joke. There were only 3 people there.

Well, hey, I can't argue with that.

Good thing he let them know when he was joking.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I found it very informative. At least I'll know what's happening if we have 3 days of darkness, or light. That will keep me from freaking out.

So when the world stops rotating on its axis like the disk in a giant Wheel-o, pauses for three days (because an obscure Biblical passage alluded to it) and then starts rotating in the other direction causing probable oceanic and continental displacement, you'll be whistling a happy tune because you watched this video. I'm very happy for you.

Please don't take offense. I am just baffled that anyone takes this video seriously, especially when the presenter tells you at the beginning not to believe any of it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
@Phage
I understand your skepticism but what I don't understand is precisely WHAT is incorrect. You just keep saying he's wrong without specifying where, why, or how.. Kinda reminds me of a little kid that's not getting his way to be honest with you.

I don't think its ridiculous to think the sun is orbiting around something larger, as a matter of fact, I think it makes perfect sense. After all, we're stuck in the pull of gravity our sun creates, even if we were a stationary solar system which I originally believed, it wouldn't take much imagination to consider the possibility that our sun is also caught in the gravity of another larger star. On the contrary, thinking that our sun doesn't revolve around something bigger basically implies that the model of our solar system is nothing but bantha poodoo.

Out of all the 2012 crap I've read, this is EASILY the most logical. We've never been at a point where three stars of this magnitude have been lined up. What would be really interesting is if we could figure out the ratio of the effect our sun has on Earth to the ratio that Sirius has an effect to the sun.. like with that calibre of star would our sun be about where Earth is in comparison? Or would it be further out? Then comparing the distance between Alceyon and Sirius, I'm not sure if there'd be any accurate way to measure their energy like that, but if they're all relatively within "Earth" distance of each other, this idea isn't nearly as farfetched as it sounds.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by winterkill

He gave this lecture in Boulder CO, Nov 18th, 2012, and when only 3 people showed up, he posted this video, disappeared into the Rockies...and no one has heard from him since.

I wonder if this is true, or just made up to deepen the mystery?

Wow. I'm only 30 minutes in and the amount of incorrect information he gives, as well as incorrect info that he cites from History Channel episodes, is startling!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx
@Phage
I understand your skepticism but what I don't understand is precisely WHAT is incorrect. You just keep saying he's wrong without specifying where, why, or how.. Kinda reminds me of a little kid that's not getting his way to be honest with you.

I don't think its ridiculous to think the sun is orbiting around something larger, as a matter of fact, I think it makes perfect sense. After all, we're stuck in the pull of gravity our sun creates, even if we were a stationary solar system which I originally believed, it wouldn't take much imagination to consider the possibility that our sun is also caught in the gravity of another larger star. On the contrary, thinking that our sun doesn't revolve around something bigger basically implies that the model of our solar system is nothing but bantha poodoo.

Out of all the 2012 crap I've read, this is EASILY the most logical. We've never been at a point where three stars of this magnitude have been lined up. What would be really interesting is if we could figure out the ratio of the effect our sun has on Earth to the ratio that Sirius has an effect to the sun.. like with that calibre of star would our sun be about where Earth is in comparison? Or would it be further out? Then comparing the distance between Alceyon and Sirius, I'm not sure if there'd be any accurate way to measure their energy like that, but if they're all relatively within "Earth" distance of each other, this idea isn't nearly as farfetched as it sounds.

He contradicts his position of how the Sun orbits Alcyone, and Sirius, and the "Central Sun."

Not only are these not proven (Aside from our solar system orbiting the center of the galaxy), but the guy confuses the hell out of it by referring to Sagitarrius A (central sun) as Sirius at points. It makes absolutely no bloody sense half the time.

That's one.
edit on 18-12-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

I don't think its ridiculous to think the sun is orbiting around something larger, as a matter of fact, I think it makes perfect sense.
If it makes sense then you don't know enough about orbital mechanics. Alcyone and Sirius are far to distant for the Solar System to be orbiting either of them. It's a simple calculation to demonstrate this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/18/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08

Here's a few errors that I found... The idea of the earth's rotation stopping and starting again (possibly in the opposite direction) the amount of inertia to do this is beyond belief and for it to totally stop and then start spinning in the opposite direction is a ridiculous idea. What starts it spinning again?

I have a theory for you that does not require the Earth to stop spinning for 3 days of darkness and 3 days of light on the opposite side of the Earth.
I drew a quick sketch, the easy part. (see below)

The middle illustration is where the 3 dark and 3 light days will happen, when one axis points to the Sun, and one points away, could it do this for 3 days?
Of course this requires Earth to completely flip a 180, but this is the only way it could work without stopping its revolution.
What a pain to bring this to you, could not figure out why I could not upload pic, even emailed myself the pic to other computer, still could not, then I realized for whatever reason, .jpg was in Upper case!
edit on 18-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by Toadmund because: tweaking the post

edit on 18-12-2012 by Toadmund because: carelessness

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

You mean flips 90 degrees. Flip 180 and the north pole becomes the south pole.

However: where will the tremendous amount of energy come from that would be required to flip the Earth over 90 degrees? Or flip it back?

The only way I could see that happening is a gigantic impact with a very large body. We're talking hundreds of miles wide.

And if that happened, the flipping of the Earth would be the least of your worries since it would turn the entire Earth's crust molten.

Here's a video that shows what would happen if we got hit by an impactor about 500km wide. And it would take a much larger one to make the Earth flop over on it's side:

edit on 18-12-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I did mean 180, 90Degrees the axis would point in the suns direction causing three days of dark on the opposite side of the sun, 3 sunny 24hr days on the sun side.
At 180 the earth would now be spinning in a different relationship to the sun, giving a western sunrise.
Not trying to prove anything but suggesting you could get the effects proposed by the video we all just watched.

I know how the gyroscopic effect feels, it requires force to turn a spinning bicycle wheel holding the axle bolt, I am sure you know about the gyroscopic effect and a bike wheel, same effect keeps a bicyclist upright, blah, blah, and blah....
Anyway, I agree it would really take some force, like a lot of gravity, or an object like you propose.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

So this is my first post on this site, which I've been on countless times throughout the past few years but have never been compelled to create an account for. This video, while entertaining, contains a lot of false information. Putting that aside, your fears about the rotation of the Earth stopping are a little off. If the Earth for some reason did stop rotating, the least of your concerns would be that one side may become "super-heated" and the other "deep-frozen." This is just common sense, the Earth is rotating at a very fast rate. If it were to stop on a dime, that would not mean that everything on it would also stop accordingly. If you don't catch where I'm going with this, I mean to say that the effects would be disastrous. I'm not sure if the stop would cause a person's body itself to gain enough momentum to rocket out of the atmosphere, but regardless of that, you would be killed immediately on impact of the first thing you run into (e.g. the inside of a pyramid). Furthermore, the waters of all the oceans, seas, rivers, etc. would not stop accordingly either, nor would the magma core of the planet. In this scenario, the entire Earth would be ripped to shreds, and there is not a single location in which safety could be found. Like I said, this is not just what I think would happen, this is common sense. Just think of the momentum/inertia everything on Earth has due to the rotation, if the frame holding it all together suddenly stopped, nothing would stand a chance.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by klasingr
reply to post by CyberTruth

So this is my first post on this site, which I've been on countless times throughout the past few years but have never been compelled to create an account for. This video, while entertaining, contains a lot of false information. Putting that aside, your fears about the rotation of the Earth stopping are a little off. If the Earth for some reason did stop rotating, the least of your concerns would be that one side may become "super-heated" and the other "deep-frozen." This is just common sense, the Earth is rotating at a very fast rate. If it were to stop on a dime, that would not mean that everything on it would also stop accordingly. If you don't catch where I'm going with this, I mean to say that the effects would be disastrous. I'm not sure if the stop would cause a person's body itself to gain enough momentum to rocket out of the atmosphere, but regardless of that, you would be killed immediately on impact of the first thing you run into (e.g. the inside of a pyramid). Furthermore, the waters of all the oceans, seas, rivers, etc. would not stop accordingly either, nor would the magma core of the planet. In this scenario, the entire Earth would be ripped to shreds, and there is not a single location in which safety could be found. Like I said, this is not just what I think would happen, this is common sense. Just think of the momentum/inertia everything on Earth has due to the rotation, if the frame holding it all together suddenly stopped, nothing would stand a chance.

Well now, that really puts a damper on things!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by klasingr

Gave you a star because you are new and I agree with at least one of the things you say, which was also on my mind.
I live near the ocean, or a bay, The Bay of Fundy. If the Earth did stop the water would keep moving. And I don't think I would want to get that wet.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

He gave this lecture in Boulder CO, Nov 18th, 2012, and when only 3 people showed up, he posted this video, disappeared into the Rockies...and no one has heard from him since.

I wonder if this is true, or just made up to deepen the mystery?

We'll soon find out. I emailed the address at the very end: [email protected]

Great presentation of our helical solar system and the old confusing stories, if nothing else. This guy put a lot of (clever) work into this thing. Was well worth the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
reply to post by klasingr

Gave you a star because you are new and I agree with at least one of the things you say, which was also on my mind.
I live near the ocean, or a bay, The Bay of Fundy. If the Earth did stop the water would keep moving. And I don't think I would want to get that wet.

land of the great tide. it always amazed me at the tide flow you guys get, just boggles the mind really.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And it's so terrible how we here take it for granted, but of course where I am it's not the deepest, but still quite impressive.
................................................................................................................................
I would like to add what I view is an other error in theory with the video.
The whole thing about the Sun 'dragging' the planets along; can not an asteroid circle the galactic centre on it's own? It does not need a Sun or other large body to drag it along, just like a Viking probe once set in motion stays in motion (on it's own).
Therefore why would the planets in our solar system need the sun to drag them along when they are travelling at there own momentum, it's not the sun dragging them along, they are travelling on their own momentum, the Sun is merely something they revolve around, the sun is not dragging them, you don't need to drag something that is travelling the same speed as the 'dragger' through space.

Am I wrong in this thinking?
Prove it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

I took it as a satire piece... and it was humorously Disneyesque.

A bit of making fun of the various 2012 ideas out there and pointing out inconsistencies.

Wow, swing and a miss...

edit on 12/20/2012 by mfrey0118 because: forgot quote

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here is the first draft ,I'll quote his comments

You may watch my completed film; "2012 TickTock - Heliophysics 101; The Photon Belt Meets The Galactic Equator!" THIS was the first draft, taken from my Lecture in Boulder, CO. After 2 months with only 26 min produced, I then realized the live lecture wasn't going to make the video I was after so I scrapped the project 14 way thru. It goes nowhere, makes no "point" & ends abruptly. The first 6 min are more or less the same as my completed film on this channel, yet after the six minute mark, there's another 20 min of NEW FOOTAGE never before seen by the public. There is NO more time to finish it, enjoy it for what it is should you wish. I thank everyone who viewed my finished movie and your comments and support. Hang on, this next part of the ride MAY get a little bumpy. - Marc* 'The Arc'
9 Dec 2012 user 2012ticktock.

The weather forecast at 10:50 made me fall off the chair laughing.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Mister1k because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by Mister1k because: added a vid

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hey, the Professor posted his christmas card -
It's OFF the HOOK!!

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join