It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"2012 A-Z" - A Galaxial Event of Disneyesque Proportion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I thoroughly enjoyed the OPs original video, entertaining and somewhat educational come thought provoking. Almost as entertaining as the kids in the thread stamping their feet and sticking their bottom lips out having a tot tantrum because it just is not true coz someone else said different.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

I loved this video! It was scary and uplifting all at the same time - what a roller coster ride! Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've posed this question in another similar thread after watching the video:

If the earth stopped rotating for 3 days then wouldn't half of the earth become super heated

by the sun and the other half be put into a deep freeze?

How hot and cold would opposite sides of the earth become?

Could an unprepared human survive?

Would the perfect place to survive such an event be the core of a pyramid?

The insulation of all that stone would help a person stay cool or warm for three days of harsh

conditions.

Could this be why the pyramids were constructed?

Weren't they estimated to be constructed right around the time of the beginning of the Mayan calendar

which begins on 3114 BC?

Wasn't there also the plague on Egypt of three days of darkness in the days of Moses?

Could the Earth change rotation every 5125.36 years?

edit on 15-12-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

Gravity, magnetism, tidal forces and a host of other factors would go so out of wack!
no.. you and just about everything on earth would not survive.
Although I'm sure flying cockroaches would do just fine.

It's an impossible scenario so asking is rhetorically redundant.

-----------

Ops video... simply awesome. A great many things can be learned in it.

b

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I doubt 3 days would be long enough to fry or freeze anyone. But what do I know?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

I think there are factors that would help regulate temperatures such as ocean currents and

wind patterns but perhaps the best chance of survival would be on the borders of the planet

between light and shadow from the sun.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GregJ
The fun begin at 20:56..Our ancestors believe our Earth is flat..And now we believe our Solar systems is flat but this video will explain the real truth about it..

No we do not believe it is flat!!!!.. Sometimes diagrams are simplified to explain a certain topic..

I give up on people who obviously took no notice at school and yet pretend to be experts.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

I think there are factors that would help regulate temperatures such as ocean currents and wind patterns but perhaps the best chance of survival would be on the borders of the planet between light and shadow from the sun.

I'm thinking about pictures and videos from people on that light/ dark border.

I have a question about the "vortex" we seem to be travelling in. He said something like, "the earth travels 11 million(?) miles a day. Which is something like 400(?) miles(?) per second(?)" Basically, very fast.

- Why are the winds on Earth not blowing us all off the planet?

- Why don't we hit more asteroids or what not?

EDIT: I was hoping the video would show the predicted axis of the light/ dark border. I think it's possible to predict such a thing, right? Has anyone ever?
edit on 12-15-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

I think there are factors that would help regulate temperatures such as ocean currents and

wind patterns but perhaps the best chance of survival would be on the borders of the planet

between light and shadow from the sun.

You mean the Twilight Zone? I think I've been there for a while.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Thank you, winterkill, very interesting. I really enjoyed watching.

Best,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hmm, very interesting video indeed. It gave me a whole different way of looking at the end of times prophecy and tbh I hope the world does start fresh, everything going on now is disgusting to say the least. Maybe this could be just what we need, a fresh start. Not saying i believe in this, just that maybe if it does happen hopefully we can get it right this time round. Very insightful video SNF

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
eye opening! fun to watch, informative, and if you get nothing else out of it, a better understanding of how our solar system is in reference to the galaxy...happy birfday earth! turning 13!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Wow no wonder only three turned up to watch (presumably his wife, his dog and his doctor).

How can you take him seriously when this dude doesnt even know when the voyager probes were launched. Here's a clue mate, it wasn't 1987! (had to stop watching at that point).

Also, how can the circular stone tablet at the beginning represent the "...position of every celestial body in the galaxy". It couldnt even do that for all the celestial bodies in near Earth orbit, let alone the asteroid belt, let alone the solar system, let alone the oort cloud, let alone the galaxy.

There's so much bile in the first ten minutes of this vid that i'm kind of embarrassed at how many have lapped it up. And why is the corkscrew/helical orbits such a surprise to people. It's common sense surely. Do most people not even think on a regular basis.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Gravity, magnetism, tidal forces and a host of other factors would go so out of wack!
no.. you and just about everything on earth would not survive.
Although I'm sure flying cockroaches would do just fine.

It's an impossible scenario so asking is rhetorically redundant.

-----------

Ops video... simply awesome. A great many things can be learned in it.

b

i don't know for sure but i am certain that the Earths gravitational field is not a product of the Earth spinning so i do not think we would loose all gravity, if the Earth did in fact slow down and stop. one would have to wonder though just what would get it spinning once again in any direction.

they have always assumed that planets rotating is a byproduct of the big bang when everything was whirling and spinning and they continue to today. well that leaves many unanswered questions doesn't it.

one thing is certain in any event and that is we, as a species, have not experienced 99.9% of what our universe has to offer as yet.

it would be nice to see a thread on cutting edge space science.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkins

And why is the corkscrew/helical orbits such a surprise to people. It's common sense surely. Do most people not even think on a regular basis.

Well I didn't know, because all my life ive been told that our orbits are plain and flat. Common sense used in a daily task is no mean feat for me, I finished school in 1997, and even then no one told me we're vortex orbiting about the galaxy.

Perhaps you are more educated than most, but your lack of understanding in 'people skills' makes you come out in a seemingly all offensive. The only thing you have achieved is making yourself out to be a big man. Well done.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I liked the Video.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I take it everyone's sense of logic is going out the window with this one then...

Yeah?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Definitely the best video on the subject I have seen! So entertaining, well spoken, and informative. I've been trying to share it like crazy!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Hm... "3 people attended." *sad face*

really??...i'm surprised there was as many as 3 people....c'mon, this was on a college campus...and even to me, there were so many holes as to what is going to happen, that it sooned turned into a non-sensical bit of storytelling. i think the students were already clued into that, minus the 3 who attended of course. the couple of minutes of the orbital path of our solar system, in relationship to our galaxy was visually instructive, but for me, that was it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I cannot specifically answer your question, as no on really know what will happen but people smarter than me have theorized on it. In short the Earth ceasing to rotate would be horrible for any living organism on the planet. There would be very turbulent changes to the oceans and land masses.

The first thing to look for would be the seismic activity. Seismologists believe that the rotation of the Earth plays a role concerning its tectonic plate movement. When modeled it is suspected that series of massive earthquakes would occur if the rotation of the planet halted. If you were living through that you likely be dealing with super earthquakes far beyond the traditional Richter scale in magnitude. Read more: www.universetoday.com...

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join