It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"2012 A-Z" - A Galaxial Event of Disneyesque Proportion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Pretty interesting theory!

If I am understanding this, we don't orbit the sun, but follow it in a conical fashion as we spin on our axis. read the comment section.
The top commentor asks about Jupiter, and then the response.

Really throws a wrench in the current model.

And if there is validity to this "theory" as, they are all theories, then anyone here telling us they know all the answers and why, would probably be wrong, since you are basing them on older models.

What we don't know is A LOT.

WoW this is a whole new perspective on things, this clip for me was better than the one in the vid

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Pretty interesting theory!

If I am understanding this, we don't orbit the sun, but follow it in a conical fashion as we spin on our axis. read the comment section.
The top commentor asks about Jupiter, and then the response.

Really throws a wrench in the current model.

And if there is validity to this "theory" as, they are all theories, then anyone here telling us they know all the answers and why, would probably be wrong, since you are basing them on older models.

What we don't know is A LOT.

It seems like this is the model for our orbit of the sun in the A-Z original video on page one. Go to the 16 minute mark in that. Does it not show exactly this?

So am I the only one that thought our planets literally revolved around our sun on a flat plain? And while I'm at it here, with the pictures we get from stereo A and B of the sun, according to this model, they would be spinning basically perpendicular to the forward movement of the sun through the universe.
It boggles me to understand what views we are given of the sun with our other planets in the background, when in reality we may not be seeing things as laid out to us.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

Yea i felt the same, but now i see the motion in these vids it kinda makes the revolvong on the flat plane look silly, like im saying to myself "of course, why wouldn't it"
the simple things are usually the hardest to see
blind because it was right in front of us
i feel enlightened already

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

iif the Earth did in fact slow down and stop. one would have to wonder though just what would get it spinning once again in any direction.

i assume it will be like an elastic band effect goes so far then boings in the opposite direction

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by CyberTruth

I cannot specifically answer your question, as no on really know what will happen but people smarter than me have theorized on it. In short the Earth ceasing to rotate would be horrible for any living organism on the planet. There would be very turbulent changes to the oceans and land masses.

The first thing to look for would be the seismic activity. Seismologists believe that the rotation of the Earth plays a role concerning its tectonic plate movement. When modeled it is suspected that series of massive earthquakes would occur if the rotation of the planet halted. If you were living through that you likely be dealing with super earthquakes far beyond the traditional Richter scale in magnitude. Read more: www.universetoday.com...

Link

I read this link, and the way i see it, is it's all speculation, how do scientisst know it would be devastating if the earth stopped, it has never happened, how do they know it wouldn't all of a sudden be total calm. Sorry but i can't buy this, as noone knows

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tikitiboo

I'm glad someone noticed this second video. I thought it was pretty good too.

I don't have the time or a strong inclination to become an astrophysicist, but I do find space fascinating.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkourer
I´am not that familiar with space and so on, but can someone say if the information that we will pass through "cosmic dust" on the 21st is true or not?

We are constantly passing through cosmic dust. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
So while we may not be orbiting Alcyone, we are, in fact, headed for the Dark Rift like the video says? Is that true?

No.

We are not spiraling toward the center of our galaxy. The "dark rift" is simply clouds of dust that lie along the plane of the ecliptic.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

It can be caulculated if the the UTC time of the Winter Equinox time 11:11 is correct. These will be the equivilant of the times around the World

Mexico City – 05:11:00
Los Angeles – 03:11:00
New York – 06:11:00
Cairo – 13:11:00
Jerusalem – 13:11:00
Sydney – 22:11:00
Berlin – 12:11:00
Tokyo – 20:11:00

edit on 17-12-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Here is a screenshot from a website www.timeanddate.com

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/sunlight2.png/]
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

These theoretically could be the areas of increased sunlight and and darkness as the earth reverses its rotation at exactly 11:11 UTC 12/21/12

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

If this is where time (or the planet) stops and reverses, North America will experience an extreme cooling and India, Russia and the Middle East will experience extreme heating.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

I found the entire video to very entertaining and certainly a different perspective, but one that I agreed with before I watched it. I did not think it was satirical at all, rather he was just trying to be humorous in his seriousness. One of the interesting things I saw was how the spiraling and vortex looked much like our picture of d.n.a. I have always viewed this Universe as a giant Atom with protons and neutrons and free ribosomes expanding and breathing and we are a microcosm of the macrocosm.

I have also always felt that this energy has been changing for many years and we cannot quantify it because we live on Earth in a 24 hour day. The alignment is not planetary it is galactic and that doesn't happen very often nor should it by Earth standards, but in the Universe it has happened before and will happen again that we have alignments that we do not have but once every 26million years if ever the exact alignment again.

Synchronicity hit me hard with this video.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is the best video I've seen to date to describe the "how and why" certain things could possibly happen!

Thanks for sharing it, OP. A S&F for you, most definitely!
I must admit my heart is pounding right now. I didn't really have much of a clue from a scientific view what to expect.

I HAVE BEEN ENLIGHTENED!!!!.............................................ALREADY!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Oh man, this video has really opened my eyes to the potential of synchronocity. What if it's more than just 3 suns? Our milky way revolving around a bigger star, which revolves around an even bigger star, etc etc. Like a massive clock that's finally pushed its final inch and now has to unwind. It's truly fascinating!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

It's truly fascinating!

And it's wrong. Utterly.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's truly fascinating!

And it's wrong. Utterly.
but the fascinating thing IS the utter wrongness

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
posting..

to watch vid at home..

looks interesting none the less

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's truly fascinating!

And it's wrong. Utterly.

Which parts?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wish I had that hour of my life back. The presenter was incredibly annoying, laughing at his own jokes, and the intro was almost unbearable. His theories were some of the wildest ones I've heard yet. The only reason I sat through it was because a good friend had sent it and called it a "must see." She will hear from me soon.

I laughed out loud when he actually illustrated the Earth's alleged stopping and turning in the other direction with a Wheelo. A Wheelo!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
I wish I had that hour of my life back. The presenter was incredibly annoying, laughing at his own jokes, and the intro was almost unbearable. His theories were some of the wildest ones I've heard yet. The only reason I sat through it was because a good friend had sent it and called it a "must see." She will hear from me soon.

I laughed out loud when he actually illustrated the Earth's alleged stopping and turning in the other direction with a Wheelo. A Wheelo!

I've had training in public speaking. One thing you do is show some humor along the way. He did everything right in his presentation as a professional.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

He did everything right in his presentation as a professional.

Except getting the facts (any of them) right.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join