It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"2012 A-Z" - A Galaxial Event of Disneyesque Proportion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I enjoyed myself. And it made me think.
You can't really go wrong.

Thank you for sharing!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Pretty interesting theory!

If I am understanding this, we don't orbit the sun, but follow it in a conical fashion as we spin on our axis. read the comment section.
The top commentor asks about Jupiter, and then the response.

Really throws a wrench in the current model.

And if there is validity to this "theory" as, they are all theories, then anyone here telling us they know all the answers and why, would probably be wrong, since you are basing them on older models.

What we don't know is A LOT.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
reply to post by eriktheawful

what causes our sun to move at 220k/s?

That's or orbital velocity relative to the center of the Milky Way galaxy. We're not the only ones moving around it, so are other stars, nebula, etc.

Our sun formed from the remains of a super nova that was already in orbit around the center of our galaxy.

now, a better question would be: why are we all spinning around the center of our galaxy in the first place? For that, reading about Galaxy formation and evolution, but keep in mind there are yes, a lot of questions we do not have all the answers too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I watched the video and thought it was brilliant! It was funny too! Very interesting and I learned alot about where
we live and what will happen on the 21st. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Pretty interesting theory!

If I am understanding this, we don't orbit the sun, but follow it in a conical fashion as we spin on our axis. read the comment section.
The top commentor asks about Jupiter, and then the response.

Really throws a wrench in the current model.

And if there is validity to this "theory" as, they are all theories, then anyone here telling us they know all the answers and why, would probably be wrong, since you are basing them on older models.

What we don't know is A LOT.

It seems like this is the model for our orbit of the sun in the A-Z original video on page one. Go to the 16 minute mark in that. Does it not show exactly this?

So am I the only one that thought our planets literally revolved around our sun on a flat plain? And while I'm at it here, with the pictures we get from stereo A and B of the sun, according to this model, they would be spinning basically perpendicular to the forward movement of the sun through the universe.
It boggles me to understand what views we are given of the sun with our other planets in the background, when in reality we may not be seeing things as laid out to us.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So while we may not be orbiting Alcyone, we are, in fact, headed for the Dark Rift like the video says? Is that true?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Yes we are heading for the Dark Rift.....

where Our Lord Cthulu waits...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sorry I had to
Couldn't resist.

So yeah that was a really good video...I had really no idea how our solar system moved in relation to the rest of the

galaxy. Pretty awesome. As far as time stopping and our planet suddenly changing direction...99.99 percent sure

that won't happen. Super Awesome freakin rare alignment is Super Awesome though!

Thanks OP. Very interesting..we will have to wait just, what a week?, and all will be revealed!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
thought that was fascinating.
couple of thigns though, the stopping spinning and reversing direction makes sense when crossing an equator.
at which point does it reverse though?
and (crazy idea) what if when the sun (if the sun reverses) reverses, turns into Nibiru for a few days

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

There are so many things wrong with that video and theory that I don't know where to start. I'll let others like Phage and NGChunter come rip it apart with longer posts.

In the mean time I'll just throw these two things out that completely destroy the video:

Earth's Axial Tilt and Seasons - which would not exist if that video were true.

and

Solar Parallax

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
So while we may not be orbiting Alcyone, we are, in fact, headed for the Dark Rift like the video says? Is that true?

YES, that's true, although the point of alignment isn't precisely at the center of the galaxy. However, the eclipstic (arc) of the sun at the moment of solstice DOES involve the Earth and Sun intersecting the Galactic Plane very precisely (those Mayans knew what they were doing apparently).

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Anyway, here is a picture or 2 that I found interesting to share with you...

From the Sun...see what I see here?

The alignment you were asking for I think...

Those pics are from an Astronomy Software for December 21st, 2012 @ 11:11GMT.

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
reply to post by MrUncreated

Yes we are heading for the Dark Rift.....

where Our Lord Cthulu waits...

He's just waiting for his tax refund.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

There are so many things wrong with that video and theory that I don't know where to start. I'll let others like Phage and NGChunter come rip it apart with longer posts.

In the mean time I'll just throw these two things out that completely destroy the video:

Earth's Axial Tilt and Seasons - which would not exist if that video were true.

and

Solar Parallax

You don't think this is covered in this theory? And with this theory we still orbit the sun, same AU. It's really just the angle we've been taught to look at the sun is different in relation to our orbit, although where we see other planets, as in, when they seem to go around the sun, would be incorrect, it would be an optical illusion, which makes the explanation for why we can Jupiter, as an example, most months of the year, as opposed to if it, on it's 12 year cycle, it were in it's point behind the sun from our point of view, it would take months to come back out, or that is my understanding, anyway.

And why do you comment if you don't know the answer and need two other guys here? I have said I don't know much here, but I am putting forth the theory that is represented in the A-Z video. Actually, I did not see anyone of the guys you mention debunk the heliosperical paths of our sun and stars.

This theory makes a lot of common sense to me, which is all I can go on. Our solar system is moving through the galaxy, this forward conical motion makes sense to me, and obviously some other smarter people than me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Because in that video the Earth is NOT orbiting the sun. It's orbiting an empty point, while being pulled by the sun.

While the sun is moving around in our galaxy, the planets are still moving around the sun, not an empty point in space.

Here's another video that represents it better (but is not accurate because the sun's axial tilt to the galactic plane is at 67 degrees, not 90), however it does firmly show the planets going around the sun:

I don't have to depend upon anyone else, however I DO have a LIFE outside of ATS with my family and can't be on here all the time. Making links to sources takes time, making coherent posts take time, unless you just want to take my word for it.

And sorry, no, his theory does don't account for axial tilt nor solar parallax.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

He forgets to cover some points and all of a sudden his theory is wrong? Find who it was and ask him about the axial tilt and the solar parallax. Who knows, he may be able to explain it within his theories.

Instead of just debunking him because he didn't mention it

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is some kinda joke right?

If we orbit around another star, then why does it stay in the same position relative to all the other stars in the sky? why are the only movements of stars in the sky explainable by earth's rotation/tilt?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

He forgets to cover some points and all of a sudden his theory is wrong? Find who it was and ask him about the axial tilt and the solar parallax. Who knows, he may be able to explain it within his theories.

Instead of just debunking him because he didn't mention it

People in general don't like new theories.

And when you think of other things that move through the galaxy, asteroids, comets, they tend to drag things along with them, many of them in their own eccentric orbits, but that probably won't matter.

I had the day off today, hee hee, way too much time put into this, if I do admit!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
This is some kinda joke right?

If we orbit around another star, then why does it stay in the same position relative to all the other stars in the sky? why are the only movements of stars in the sky explainable by earth's rotation/tilt?

If you sat on the sun, would you not see the same planets in the same paths over and over? Think of those stars you know so well as the planets in our system.

Hey, I am just throwing this out there, I don't know the answer to your question really.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, That was a long one, but interesting to say the least. Some new theories, like our Sun traveling through space, and the way that the planets orbit the Sun. Also, Like others have mentioned, I am very curious to find out if this guy has truly vanished or not? ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As much as I would like to believe this video... I cannot

Yes it would be a wonderful thing for a new beginning etc but I do not see this happening.

The video and "presenter" makes many leaps of faith and unfounded logic without any substantial evidence to back it up.

Here's a few errors that I found... The idea of the earth's rotation stopping and starting again (possibly in the opposite direction) the amount of inertia to do this is beyond belief and for it to totally stop and then start spinning in the opposite direction is a ridiculous idea. What starts it spinning again? This is not covered in the video and neither is it said why it would slow down and stop. Another problem here, 3 days of darkness and light (possibly) down to the earth stopping for 3 days. Under the miraculous event that this did happen, it would take far longer than 3 days to start spinning again and reach it's regular speed again... therefore there would be no 3 days of light/dark!

Another problem I have, the idea of the big bang / big crunch... a theory that I do believe by the way, why would the big crunch suddenly happen one this date when all these supposed alignments happen? Firstly that not only does this assume that Earth and the Solar System are incredibly important to the universe, which it is not, it also says that we are the centre of the universe in some form of cosmic death/rebirth cycle! Which is total nonsense to add such importance to ourselves! There are many planets, stars and galaxies in this universe and I am sure 2012 alignments happen quite often in the universe and are a common and inevitable cause of chance, so why wouldn't there be a big bang and crunch for them but there is for us?! See! Total nonsense! It's like saying the earth is the centre of the solar system and without us the sun cannot exist or our solar system is the centre of the universe! It is an outdated idea that has been proven wrong by SCIENCE, we are not important and the centre of the universe we are not the time keepers of eternity!

Life however is a miracle...

edit on 14-12-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join