It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 2012, More Than Usual Fake Sightings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It isn't just the month of Christmas, it appears with all this doomsday crap, it is also the month of more fake events than usual. More and more people are being taken in by bullsh#t sightings and fraudulent events, all I'm saying is try and post about genuine sightings and not just any crap.

A thread with some dubious link and a title such as "Major Event Here or There", isn't good enough, in fact, it's just sad. Best to verify with other links to confirm the incident first, preferably with video footage or a picture.

So far, I have received no evidence of anything major going on and I don't expect to.

Hope this thread makes it point, rant over.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I rarely post stories to sightings, it's not that I don't see them and look to post them back here on the forum. It's that I vet them myself, and usually find enough about it to realize it doesn't justify posting. Others use the forum to vet the material they find. There is nothing wrong with that either, unless they continue with predisposed notions after evidence is shown to show otherwise. Then it just gets frustrating.

"I still think it's a spaceship."

"It says, Goodyear on the side."

"Aliens use cloaking devices to make it look like blimps."

o.0

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I rarely post stories to sightings, it's not that I don't see them and look to post them back here on the forum. It's that I vet them myself, and usually find enough about it to realize it doesn't justify posting. Others use the forum to vet the material they find. There is nothing wrong with that either, unless they continue with predisposed notions after evidence is shown to show otherwise. Then it just gets frustrating.

"I still think it's a spaceship."

"It says, Goodyear on the side."

"Aliens use cloaking devices to make it look like blimps."

o.0

Exactly.

second line and a star for you bubba!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
UFO should now stand for

Un-Identified Fishy Object ...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Very good point mate, at the end of the day, posting a dodgy link/dodgy picture or CGI'd video to unverifiable crap makes the OP themselves seem like an idiot. And as with the point of this thread, there's probably going to be a ton of threads like those described this month.

I'm all for posting things you strongly believe in, but please don't get taken in so much that you fail to spot the line, like Goodyear written on the side

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh Boncho, you gave me my first attempt at smirking for the day.

Yes, we know the type. Goshing and Gushing at anything in the sky.

ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's balloon, and the kid is still even holding the balloon.
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's a seagull
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's a bee
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's an airplane
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's a cloud
ooooooo it's a UFO!
um, i'm guessing that's your finger pointing at nothing?
oooooo, it's an INVISIBLE UFO!!!!

erm. wah wah. yeah.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by boncho

Oh Boncho, you gave me my first attempt at smirking for the day.

Yes, we know the type. Goshing and Gushing at anything in the sky.

ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's balloon, and the kid is still even holding the balloon.
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's a seagull
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's a bee
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's an airplane
ooooooo it's a UFO!
no, that's a cloud
ooooooo it's a UFO!
um, i'm guessing that's your finger pointing at nothing?
oooooo, it's an INVISIBLE UFO!!!!

erm. wah wah. yeah.

YOU missed one

swamp gas

ps
love your new avatar very .........
edit on 13/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So theres no such thing as a UFO ?

I just dont agree anything that cant be identified is unidentifiable

just dont jump to people thinking they have seen ETs spaceships

If you saw a ET spacecraft it would no longer be a UFO

BUT there are a lot of people on here who are experts

or should i say self assessed experts

I have seen stuff i cant explain so they fit in the UFO category

phil
edit on 13/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Feel a bit strange because just saw two extremely weird objects flying around in circles for 15 minutes outside. I am used to planes going up and down as I live near an airport, but these were completely different. Not saying there were aliens, but for sure two UFOs. Not the usual stuff I would see. They just seemed so out of place, if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

You know what this means? Less than usual love.

The reason why everybody is lying in 2012 is because nobody cares about each other.

I am He. I would never lie about such pathetic bs, and I Do Care.
edit on 13-12-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

You know what this means? Less than usual love.

The reason why everybody is lying in 2012 is because nobody cares about each other.

I am He. I would never lie about such pathetic bs, and I Do Care.
edit on 13-12-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

It's not necessarily lying mate, it's just getting caught up in something which the individual believes to be true, but yet, it isn't without something concrete and verifiable.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

There are certainly a phenomenon we categorize as UFOs whether they're flying saucers, or other sorts of as of yet explained aircraft.

Thing about all of that, however, most of what we see, or hear reported, not even including intentional hoaxes, outright lies for attention, and individual psychological phenomenon reported as real, the majority of what is trumpeted on sites like this as well as likely even reported to agencies who've tasked themselves with being reporting repositories, are MISIDENTIFICATION.

It may seem cliche for every other report, video, or photo posted to be shot down as Chinese Lanterns, Balloons, or any of the other seemingly standardized explanations like Lens Flare, but, the fact of the matter is, for whatever reason, people keep making the SAME MISTAKES over, and over, and over again.

This combined with faulty reasoning where someone jumps from "I don't know" to "Aliens", or something similar is ridiculous.
How often do we see people going down a checklist? ---
1. Is it a plane?
... I can't see wings
... I don't see navigation lights
... I don't hear any engine noise
... It doesn't fit the profile of any plane I'm familiar with
2. Is it a balloon?
... It doesn't make any noise, and baloons don't make noise
... It seems to drift with the wind as it's not as fast as a plane or helicopter.
... I see lots of blinking lights, but, if someone put lots of balloons together and put lights inside them it might look the same.

etc.

Where's the inquiry?
Typically we get: O M G itz uh U F O.

Sure, there are very rare cases that seem to pop up where something very unusual is indeed reported and filmed, but, more often than not, those too are identified in using a logical path of inquiry to ask all the obvious questions first in ruling out what earthly thus more probable explanations could be attributable to any sighting event.

Thank you, by the way, for the compliment.

I'm also confused. Are you Mary, or are you Phil?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i think this all to do with tptb, they are planning a fake alien invasion and i said this a few years ago but no one believed me, now maybe some ppl will listen. Its all to do with the fear factor and the nwo, the sooner we all wake up to this the better........

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Looks like artwork from Heavy Metal magazine. I always found those to be a cut above the rest.

I am saddened by all the phony YouTube videos that keep cropping up. And what is that website? Disclose.tv? Somehow they got my e-mail and I get spammed by them quite often. Their videos are a freaking joke. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one single video that has ever convinced me. And still, practically everyone in my family claims to have seen one at some point in their lives. It's like a practical joke from god.
edit on 13-12-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think its total arogance when someone claims something is a UFO. Its almost like they are saying "i cant identify it so it MUST be something unusual and therfore must be a UFO therefore it must be visiting aliens"

Why cant people just admit they cant identify something and leave it at that?

edit on 13-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
It's not necessarily lying mate, it's just getting caught up in something which the individual believes to be true, but yet, it isn't without something concrete and verifiable.

That's the thing, most of the truly unidentified reports (the ones that don't exist anymore because of computer software) are alien, and about 0% of all reports from this month are unidentified - they are all people who have a created a hoax.

There were many hoaxes back in the day, but now there are hundereds spawned everyday. Nothing is legitamate because even if there was something unexplained it wouldn't be able to reach the internet media because of the hundreds of daily falsifications, and the owners of that item wouldn't want to share it to be criticized because of the daily falsifications.

There has not ever been a time where human beings have been so obsessed with lying in all of history, and the only thing to blame is computer software. It has given us the ability to show each other lies and tell each other lies on a very large and often scale. It is a peak of negativity, ignorance, self denial, and hatred in society and is reality today, mankind in 2012.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

That's the thing, most of the truly unidentified reports (the ones that don't exist anymore because of computer software) are alien, and about 0% of all reports from this month are unidentified - they are all people who have a created a hoax.

There were many hoaxes back in the day, but now there are hundereds spawned everyday. Nothing is legitamate because even if there was something unexplained it wouldn't be able to reach the internet media because of the hundreds of daily falsifications, and the owners of that item wouldn't want to share it to be criticized because of the daily falsifications.

There has not ever been a time where human beings have been so obsessed with lying in all of history, and the only thing to blame is computer software. It has given us the ability to show each other lies and tell each other lies on a very large and often scale. It is a peak of negativity, ignorance, self denial, and hatred in society and is reality today, mankind in 2012.

Well, put like that, I can't really disagree with your words

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

This really happened to my family and i.
I give you my word that this is TRUE but
we did not take any photos (i know)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

theres even a ufo webcam that covers this duel carriage way
and believe me i have tried to gain archive footage with
no luck yet

top topics

join