It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Closing The Vise On Americans Freedom To Travel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This thread is a follow-up resulting from a post here on 9-12-2012. This is a very important issue that should be of major concern to all Americans as these oppressive actions by our government have a negative effect on your freedom to travel - when and where you please, and in the manner that you so please - hence an abridgement of your "freedom of association" as guaranteed by the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

Originally posted by Gregorian
EDIT: These 2 links are now dead and the stories cannot be found - but no matter; the links below are just as informative.
1. Fed Tracks All Vehicle Using the "Black Box" technology.
2. Feds want to track you in your vehicle

Every car and truck will be monitored by TSA .......All forms of transport will be under surveillance....this means NO freedom of movement. This is why they named it Transportation Security Administration and not ASA.....Airport Safety Administration. I realized this early on and it was a very scary thought to imagine what lies ahead for American citizens, and this is only the beginning.

Freedom to travel as Constitutional and a human right

The U.S. Constitution only hints at travel in the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law ... abridging ... the right of the people peaceably to assemble." But freedom of travel is much more explicitly recognized in the fundamental international documents of human rights than in those of U.S. Constitutional civil liberties:
"Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state. Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country." -- Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 13

Freedom of movement

Freedom of movement, mobility rights or the right to travel is a human right concept that the constitutions of numerous states respect. It asserts that a citizen of a state in which that citizen is present has the liberty to travel, reside in, and/or work in any part of the state where one pleases within the limits of respect for the liberty and rights of others,[1] and to leave that state and return at any time. Some immigrants' rights advocates assert that human beings have a fundamental human right to mobility not only within a state but between states.

This is the latest development concerning the oppressive actions of the TSA impeding the right of all American citizens to freedom of movement, travel, and mobility throughout the USA - posted by Kurt Nimmo Infowars.com - December 12, 2012 -
TSA Moves to Soviet-ize Internal Travel

Kurt Nimmo Infowars.com December 12, 2012

Wendy McElroy, writing for the Dollar Vigilante, has uncovered a TSA move to extend its airport Gestapo zone to the nation’s mass transit system and highways.
McElroy spotlights an application on page 71431 of Volume 77, Number 231 of the Federal Register that “constitutes a preliminary step toward systematically expanding TSA’s authority from airports to highways and almost every other means of public travel.”
The effort will eliminate the ability to travel anonymously around the country and remove “one of the last remaining differences between the US and a total police state,” McElroy writes. “The total police state you experience at airports wants to spill into roads and bus stops, to subways and trains. Or, rather, the TSA wants to solidify and spread the fledgling and erratic presence it already has.”

Source for the article above ---> "Dollar Vigilante" Wendy McElroy -
TSA's Grip on Internal Travel is Tightening.

[Editor’s Note: The following post is by TDV contributor, Wendy McElroy]
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is tightening its grip on domestic travcel. I don't mean the random, unpredictable security checks at bus, subway and train stations which already exist. I mean a coordinated and systematic police control of internal travel within America. Groundwork is being laid.
APPLICATION TO MAKE U.S. INTO AN AIRPORT SCREENING ZONE
The application was tucked away on page 71431 of Volume 77, Number 231 of the Federal Register (November 30). It was surrounded by soporific references to forwarding “the new Information Collection Request (ICR) abstracted below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval under the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA).”
The application for funding from the TSA constitutes a preliminary step toward systematically expanding TSA's authority from airports to highways and almost every other means of public travel. The expansion would erase one of the last remaining differences between the US and a total police state; namely, the ability to travel internally without being under police surveillance. The total police state you experience at airports wants to spill into roads and bus stops, to subways and trains. Or, rather, the TSA wants to solidify and spread the fledgling and erratic presence it already has.
The official request reads, “TSA's Highway BASE program [Baseline Assessment for Security Enhancement] seeks to establish the current state of security gaps and implemented countermeasures throughout the highway mode of transportation by posing questions to major transportation asset owners and operators.” An example would be an owner and the employees of a long-haul truck company. The application continues, “Data and results collected through the Highway BASE program will inform TSA's policy and program initiatives and allow TSA to provide focused resources and tools to enhance the overall security posture within the surface transportation community.”

edit on 12-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Vehicle blackboxes are easy to avoid - buy an older car but don't forget to get rid of your mobile phone and social media accounts as well.....

Checkpoints are to check for illegal activity and put more people in prison for drugs as well as deter crime, fine with me, I am tired of all the drug addicts and crime that are involved with public transport, means I have to drive to the city all the time and its about time it all got cleaned up.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah,.
and for what..Americans are Being hammered into submission
because of a Bullcrap excuse.. 911 security scare?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
Vehicle blackboxes are easy to avoid - buy an older car but don't forget to get rid of your mobile phone and social media accounts as well.....

Checkpoints are to check for illegal activity and put more people in prison for drugs as well as deter crime, fine with me, I am tired of all the drug addicts and crime that are involved with public transport, means I have to drive to the city all the time and its about time it all got cleaned up.

While I agree with your logic, I could see them mandating these boxes. Like, in order to pass your annual car inspection, you must have had or have a black box installed.

The people controlling this country are seriously turning it into a prison. I often wonder if this is their intended goal. To piss people off and put such a choke on them that they revolt. And then they will somehow use that to usher in a one world government.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

While I agree with your logic, I could see them mandating these boxes.

Then you're reading too much into it. Mandating little black boxes is too cost prohibitive. There's no money to be made from them.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

While I agree with your logic, I could see them mandating these boxes. Like, in order to pass your annual car inspection, you must have had or have a black box installed.

The people controlling this country are seriously turning it into a prison. I often wonder if this is their intended goal. To piss people off and put such a choke on them that they revolt. And then they will somehow use that to usher in a one world government.

Of course tracking devices and black boxes will be mandatory after a "grace period" but the smarter among us already knew that governments would implement devices to monitor traffic flow in the near future, there are just too many legitimate reasons to do it so it was inevitable.

The government views us as ants, which must be directed and controlled in a very specific manner, it's called human resource optimization and its currently in full swing..all these new traffic regulations and restrictions have more to do with controlling us, monitoring us, making sure we are following behavioral patterns and obeying rules that they want us to obey...you are correct also that it's a prelude to central rule (NWO agenda) but its all inevitable, and to be honest, I don't mind it so much since it will make public transport safer and it's not like my privacy or freedom hasn't already been violated countless times already or won't be violated in the near future.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

That, and mandating little black boxes is too cost prohibitive. There's no money to be made from them.

Not true at all. If the device can help to optimize traffic flow, that would equal massive savings in the cost of transportation infrastructure. Not only that, but anyone caught speeding or breaking traffic would be instantly fined on the spot...the revenue would be incredible.

We are not talking about just black boxes here, they are only the start, the true intention is to make sure that every vehicle will be equipped with devices that report everything back to some central authority so everything will be monitored.

edit on 12-12-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
People give the TSA too much power.

Every interaction is a transaction.

If you do not like what you are getting, as the customer or the airline, that operates at an airport; then escalate to the duty manager.

When an individual or group of people stand silent, as a crime is being perpetrated; they are equal accomplices.

TSA has a job. They have predefined processes. When those are not followed, the incident should be treated as such.

This world is too comfortable accepting exceptions as the rule.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Tracking,

Database building,

Pattern Optimization Software,

Control,

Taxation,

Its much like pre-crime as the database and software will single you out as someone who needs extra attention if you do anything out of pattern such as travel on a whim or go someplace not normally visited or have actions not in sequence with normal routine.

Welcome to Amerika! You voted for it!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
These actions on the part of the TSA/DHS present a real and present danger. The OP provided all the research material necessary to come to an informative conclusion as how real is the threat to the liberty of American citizens. When the reader clicks the posted links then reads what they contain they will see that the installation of the "Black Boxes" will be mandatory. You will have no choice as it will soon become law by act(s) of Congress. They will be installed in a very secure manner so that the boxes cannot be removed without totally disabling the vehicle. DHS and TSA will supervise their every move.

Please be mindful - black boxes are but one aspect of the mufti-faceted plans and intentions of the TSA against the freedom of the American people - do your homework!

This all part of the false flag "war on terror" conjured by the government on 9/11, and has nothing whatever to do with the security and safety of the American people. People who think they will be more secure in their persons and in their effects as a result of the actions of the TSA are living in fantasy land.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Anyone caught speeding or breaking traffic would be instantly fined on the spot...the revenue would be incredible.

Sounds good on paper but that would mean all the officers who used to do that themselves would be sitting idle until accidents happen. If those black boxes help regulate traffic flow to where accidents are greatly reduced, then we're talking about the potential loss of jobs for officers. They wouldn't have much to do.

Unless they go to the bad parts of town and set-up people to commit crimes.

I don't know if their unions would go for any of that.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Anyone caught speeding or breaking traffic would be instantly fined on the spot...the revenue would be incredible.

Sounds good on paper but that would mean all the officers who used to do that themselves would be sitting idle until accidents happen. If those black boxes help regulate traffic flow to where accidents are greatly reduced, then we're talking about the potential loss of jobs for officers. They wouldn't have much to do.

Unless they go to the bad parts of town and set-up people to commit crimes.

I don't know if their unions would go for any of that.

Cops enforce the law, thats mostly what they do. The use of these devices would create new laws, new laws for cops to enforce, plus, there are always more laws being created, don't think cops will ever be out of the job.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Having read the article there are a few things that can be stated:

The black box as nice as it is, will not last long as it will only take a few for hackers and those who do not want to be tracked, to figure out how to disable such.

As far as the TSA stop points on the highways, well lets just say the way around that would be a map and taking other routes that would pretty much put a damper on their activities, thus it could be a boom for some of the smaller towns to get business that would normally be passed on by.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregorian

I believe the ‘black box’ will be used to track people under the guise of creating new income. The common person will have no idea exactly what the black box capabilities are. Can it kill your engine, any time or place? Will it be linked to a large GPS system so that your whereabouts are known at all times? Will it have audio recording capabilities? Voice recognition? How about censors to determine how many people are in the vehicle? I also don’t believe that older vehicles will be exempt unless they’re over 30 or so years, maybe, maybe not. Regardless, people won’t need to be personally chipped. Between their vehicles and cell phones, they can be ID’d and located any time, any place.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's not so hard to foresee that this agency wants to merge and evolve into something bigger
and to achieve this task they must expand out of airports.
They would have checkpoints between states on the roads and the like, the sky's the limit.
Not even... we went to the moon apparently.
In some years you will see false flag events to justify their existence.
It sure is a prediction...i can't be worse than any other weirdos

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
In order for the TSA to fully take control of the major highways they would have to turn them all into a turnpike/toll road where you can only enter and exit at secured points and have to pass through a toll booth. Only instead of a toll booth it will be a quick stop so they can strip search your grandmother while innapropriately man handling your children around. And anyone who thinks the black boxes might be benificial I ask you this. When is the last time that the government did anything with the best intentions for it's citizens. Only the blind can't see; This is all about control and the expantion of it.

With all of the shootings this year It won't be long before they are seeking to be placed at malls and shopping centers as well. We the People are losing more and more control everyday due to the many people who look at things like this and think; oh geez the government says this will keep us safe from those evil jihadist terrorist so I am ust dandy with the idea. This country sickens me more and more everyday and will continue to do so as long as we all just stand by and take it up the rear from old Uncle Sam.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

The problem is that no one recognizes what the real drug crime is. It's exploitation. Specifically exploitation
of human weakness. TSA is now joining the DEA as a criminal enterprise.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebelreply to post by Gregorian

I believe the ‘black box’ will be used to track people under the guise of creating new income. The common person will have no idea exactly what the black box capabilities are. Can it kill your engine, any time or place? Will it be linked to a large GPS system so that your whereabouts are known at all times? Will it have audio recording capabilities? Voice recognition? How about censors to determine how many people are in the vehicle? I also don’t believe that older vehicles will be exempt unless they’re over 30 or so years, maybe, maybe not. Regardless, people won’t need to be personally chipped. Between their vehicles and cell phones, they can be ID’d and located any time, any place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The answer to all of the above is a definite YES - and more, much, much more is in the planning stages. The George Orwell classic "1984" and the mind controlled "patriotic" inhabitants of the nation of Oceania will seem as child's play. See here -->1984: Similarities in Modern Society with George Orwell's Classic . With just a cursory examination of the world of Oceania, all the ominous and very alarming connections can be made to the Police State activities and actions of our present government in the United States when compared to those of the oppressively cruel world within Orwell's book.

BTW - For those of you who surely seem to be in a state of denial regarding not only things like the "Black Box," but of the true nature and purpose of the TSA - they are not in the least concerned about the very few so-called 'hackers' (what? 1 in 10 million?) because the BB will be impenetrable. Imagine hacking into a United Airlines Black Box! As for those who would attempt to circumvent the Nazi checkpoints and roadblocks? That's laughable - see what happens to you if you try it now.

Those who refuse to face what this thread contains also are refusing to face the facts that you now live in a police state very similar to that of Nazi Germany and the East German Stasi. You are in a state of programmed denial, which is a form of mind control that is constantly being disseminated to the so-called 'masses' through the State run education system, government controlled television networks, video gaming and entertainment industries, and the movie and recording industry as a whole - to name just a few.

Unfortunately, the 'deniers' will have great difficulty arising from their stupor - they have not developed sufficient means to resist the "Stasi" mind control techniques - those means are spiritual by the way, and you won't succeed on your own.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm sure that there will be some young entrepreneur out there somewhere that will come up with a way to either disable or reprogram these devices. There may even be kits available for the DIYer.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The department of natural resources in my state were caught illegally putting tracking devices on peoples boats. When people starting finding these devices on their boats they called the state police to report them.At first the DNR denied that they knew anything about the tracking devices but after being hauled into court they admitted that they were responsable for attaching the tracking devices to boats.The court made them remove all the tracking devices but it makes me wonder how long they have been doing that and what else that they might be doing that they haven`t been caught yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join