It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to jail you indefinitely outside, instead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Animal abusers should die. Plain and simple. I HATE people who mistreat animals.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
"I'd like to jail you indefinitely outside, instead.,"

Thought is was going to be a Palestine topic.^^

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Having had dogs most of my life, I have to weigh in here.

Few things disgust me more than people who find it acceptable to abuse a dog (mentally, emotionally and physically... they are similar to a two and half to three year old human intellectually and emotionally), train dogs to fight or outright neglect them with no human contact, no shelter/water/food.

They are not human, no. But they do depend on us for damn near everything required to survive when we are the ones controlling their access to it all.

This is one of those issues where I fully support a degree of vigilante justice... that is, removal of the dog from those conditions however required.

Nova : Dogs Decoded.

I highly recommend this documentary for a better understanding of dogs, our interrelationship over the years and their abilities

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You are quite correct! It's inhumane to put a convict in solitary confinement but it's ok to put animals in solitary!
I am against both but the fact is the animal is innocent of wrongdoing where the human has done more then a few things wrong! I believe it would be more humane to put the animal down then to lock them in a cage for 22 hours a day! I believe the same is true of humans! When most people go into prison non violent they usually come out more animal then human! It's a shame how our society is shaped! We say our prisons are rehabilitation and reeducation centers but this could not be farther from the truth! Those of us believing it rehabilitates and reeducates are lying to ourselves to relieve ourselves of guilt! Anyone having the job of locking up any animal or human should first have to know what these beings go through under the circumstances before we are allowed to impose such measures! I realize there are those that will say well what do we do with these people or animals!
I believe there should be no reason to impose our will on either and if there is a need to then there is a problem with society itself! The world is a dangerous place because of the social breakdown! In other words we have failed our pack through the materialist, sexual, violent, ETC social desires we impose through media! to simplify we have created an insane world, so we are getting more and more insane citizens destined to fufill these needs which social media has thrust into their chemically dependant minds! Is it any wonder why we must continue to build bigger, stronger and more correctional facilities! Socially society has failed, then we wonder why our children rebel when we try to impose ethics on them!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Very true my friend, have you ever drove or walked by those residents that just reek of dog crap and whatever else that produces that horrid smell? When I lived in Florida I knew that I would never keep my dog outside, but it wasn't a huge concern. Once I moved to Indiana I became disheartened by all of the animal neglect I have witnessed. Peopl chaining their dog to an old ran down trailer surrounded by rubbish, on top of the various weather fluctuations? WTF? I amglad you made the rant becauseI called out a family member out on it not too long ago, and they swore it was alright. I will testify on behalf of some owners of farm dogs though, because I know a few pups that live like royalty eventhough they're outdoors all year. Lets take fluffy in northern Alabama. She gets grandma's southern cooking, free run on over 28 acres, a diverse group of friends, but she has to sleep in a pin and wear an electrical collar.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I achieved a simple bit of activism today, but I am ashamed and befuddled at myself, that I did not do it sooner. The only excuse I can come up with, is that I have been more of an asleep sheeple, than I thought.
In our widerangeing county, town newspapers go out. They carry the same classifieds and editorials, prettymuch. So I wrote a 'letter to the editor'. A couple of minutes ago, I recieved a phonecall from the desk, informing they will publish my letter. Here is what i wrote. I hope they keep intact! (Editing, ugh...)

"Whether it is below freezing, in the middle of the winter
night, or 102 out, with 98% humidity, your lone forgotten
one is there. The lone forgotten one is your dog. You,
who keep a dog. Keep it outside in the enclosed penn, like
a jail. with a dog 'house'. Day after day, 24/7, year
after year. And what for? You are never out there, keeping
this soul company. My family and I checked with various
appropriate official authorities. They all tell us it is
legal for you to keep a soul this way. And I know why you
do it.
Because you do not have a soul."

Awesome S&F! They are not any different then people though people are more complicated!
Despite what you say we all have a soul and most of us want to be loved! I believe there is
deep seated problems with society today! This is why there is cruelty in the world!
Just think if we were all taught how to love there would be alot less cruelty!
Maybe not everyone would be apt to accept this social understanding but enough
to bring peace! It amazes me how most dogs will give their master love no matter how
bad they have been treated!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I am glad you began the rant because I was just thinking of this very thing the other day. When I lived in Florida I always knew that I wouldn't force one of my big dogs to stay outside, but I didn't really see too much wrong if the conditions were clean and the pup wasn't neglected. Although here in Indiana, I would never leave a dog out year around. I just argued with a family member the other day, and they swore that it was alright to chain there dog to a tree and allow them to only have a reach in an area full of excrement. Have you ever been in a neighborhood that smells like dog crap and whatever else produces that horrible smell, which can be smelled from half a mile away? Although I have seen a few farm dogs live quite the lavish life, yet still sleep in a pin outside. lol Grandma in Northern Alabama makes sure Fluffy gets the best southern cooking, has free run on 28 acres, a diverse group of friends, although she still has to wear an electrical colar and sleep in a pin at night. I do have to say though, they don't like service dogs as much down south as much as the yankees do. My dad was dying of cancer last year and I had to bring my seing eye dog. Funny thing is that I brought him on plains and airports across the U.S. but no one down there would let him in their house. I know he sheds enough to make a hard wood floor carpet in a night, but damn have some respect. If I'm not mistaken, when it is all said and done they are 30,000 dollar dogs.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
WOW, really sorry for the double post. The browser crashed as soon as I clicked submit, I thought that it surely didn't post.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
My adopted daughter is a 3 year old Alsatian.
she sleeps in the house with me.
and if she wants to sleep, on the bed I don't stop her.
they NEED to have contact with others and Love to play silly games.
have you ever heard a dog sigh? yes they get BORD!

I hate zoo's for this to. my zoo has two snow leopards.
they have them in a 12 feet by 30 feet and 20 feet high.
some small wild cats in another cage pace up and down for a long time.
it hurts me to see this. at least the lions have big open land.

When I am in a big Forrest my souls sings.
what must it be like for the animals?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

If it makes you feel any better my dogs like to jump on my bed get under the blankets and place their heads on the pillow like people. when they lay on the couch they put their heads on the couch pillows.

I think if you are not willing to integrate your dog into your family you should not have one. Leaving them outside alone all the time is pretty lame. Dogs like to be in packs. if you leave them alone they suffer.

It takes a lot of work to own a dog. that is why i didn't get any till I had my own home. They are part of our family and they both have their own personality.

My dogs always sleep in side in their little kennel because if i leave them free in the house they stink up wherever they sleep. During the day the go outside in the fenced yard and they are let in when it gets cold or if we want them inside with us.

It is very difficult to keep a clean house that does not smell like dogs but we have been able to manage it. we have to shave their coats really short and bathe them every two weeks unless they get into somethign when we go for walks. Not to mention we have had to buy them coats when they go outside since they get cold when we start getting into those sub temps in teh winter. I tihnk its lame to put coats on dogs to go outside but it sure beats havign them dirty up the house with their winter coat shedding all over the place.

I hear ya op.. i hate when i see a dog tied to a tree or in a fenced kennel in extreme climate.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
When animals gain abstract thought and can ponder, let me know. Everything a dog does is based on survival. I find it insane people treat animals better than human beings.
edit on 14-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
When animals gain abstract thought and can ponder, let me know. Everything a dog does is based on survival. I find it insane people treat animals better than human beings.

HOw do people treat animals better than human beings?? Have you seen how your steak is treated before it gets to you?? Just because you are going to kill an animal for food it does not mean you treat it like crap. Even if you do not care about treating it like crap do you really want your food to lay around in its own waste so the grower can save a few bucks?? People treat animals and humans equally wtf are you talking about.

So simply because an animal does not have what you want it to have to care about it, it does not mean you treat it like crap. It is a lot easier to treat a human like crap if you can treat an animal like crap.

What i have found is that people who care about animals usually care more about people.

It obvious you have never spent time with an animal. I used to think like you, ignorance is bliss.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'm a dog lover. You people act like dogs (and all animals in general) are pussies! Animals are not pussies! Except chi-wa-was lol.

!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It's so sad...It's one thing if this is a husky or a dog that has historically survived in harsh climates but it's the other dogs that really suffer...I personally would not keep a dog outside all the time...there are unfit people that should not own a dog and there are just as many parents that are out there who shouldn't have a child but they do...It's a good rant OP

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by discordantone

Oh boy number 10 sure makes ya wanna gulp...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

I'm so livid today. I just saw today on the computer, how the local MSM published my letter. They published the first and ahalf sentence, and threw out the rest.

I called them and sent an email, telling them off. something about not wanting to offend their buddies who keep dogs like that, the retarded white trash in these rural areas. No racist offense otherwise, ATS peeps, as I am (largely but not totally) white, and had done trashy things. Never to animals though, mostly to myself. And I yelled at them in a phone voicemail. I asked them if they were being artistic. Abstract and impressionistic.

Well, a short time ago, I was discussing all this with my mom on the phone, and she was telling me about some other letters-to-editor which were published, which raved on and on and on, when the papers-website tells you to keep it under 300 words.

In the face of this (yet another) new mass shooting (young children) today, I guess my venting is more trite, but we all individually do what we can with what we got, to make Hell here, a little less miserable, locally.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

What's wrong with the way they treat cattle? We eat them. They are a tool and a food source. I don't believe in making anything suffer for no reason or killing an animal for no reason,but the cattle is going to be eaten.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Yeah, 10 is a tough one. It's never easy but it's the right thing to do and just one of the obligations of having a dog... as I see it, at least. With a bit of luck, it won't be an issue again for a few more years yet

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

They already can.

Dogs Found to Have Abstract Thinking

They dream, too.

Do Dogs Dream?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join