It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something super weird is going on with the Oregon shooting....

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
reply to post by unphased

Back in basic training one of the guys from our sister unit killed himself with an M-16 in the latrine on a range day. The whole thing was jacked since this guy was placed on suicide watch but somebody thought it was a good idea to give him a rifle and live ammo. This was back in 2000.

So I don't know why that would be a question.

Ala FULL METAL JACKET? (the movie)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Didn't it get reported he carried the gun in a Guitar case?

I have heard that stated, but not in reports; just as comments. I have also heard that he carried it over his shoulder, not in a case. I am not aware of any official word on that either way. A guitar case would at least explain things....though, with that one news story, I would seriously wonder if that was the same person, or a co-conspirator.

Does anyone have links to witness statements on video? The only one I have seen, the guy claimed he heard the suspect state, "I am the shooter.", and I have to say, the fellow seemed a bit, well, scripted. Maybe that's just me, but I would love to hear and see more reports of that sort. Did more than one person report hearing that? Still sounds like something someone would say that was playing a game, not rally shooting people.... Maybe he did have all blanks. Maybe he was set up as a fall guy by a real shooter. I would be VERY interested to know if there was any connection between the victims, or if any of them might be a likely target for a hit. Very small number of victims in this case (thankfully!); far less than you would expect with that sort of weaponry.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
They were both shooting Semi Auto rifles. Used to be shootings took place with a pistol because even though civilians can buy, a lot of civilians aren't experienced with a semi auto.

isnt Semi-auto the most common variant? I was under the impression that fully-auto is the more uncommon civilian gun.
Seeing as almost all the civilan handguns are semi-auto, and most fully-auto rifles have a semi-auto fire mode.
many of them has anyway,
My point is this, semi-auto fire mode / type rifles seems to be most common, not other way around.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Yeah I heard on CNN that he just had the AR on his shoulder and just ran through the entrance to the food court. Hie neighbor said he had the guitar case when getting into his car at his house. Another poster said that the mall is a "gun free zone", and not even the guards have guns. I tell ya what, if I was an unarmed guard at a mall, no way I'm trying to stop a guy with a rifle for $10.00 an hour.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienDNA

Originally posted by unphased
They were both shooting Semi Auto rifles. Used to be shootings took place with a pistol because even though civilians can buy, a lot of civilians aren't experienced with a semi auto.

isnt Semi-auto the most common variant? I was under the impression that fully-auto is the more uncommon civilian gun.
Seeing as almost all the civilan handguns are semi-auto, and most fully-auto rifles have a semi-auto fire mode.
many of them has anyway,
My point is this, semi-auto fire mode / type rifles seems to be most common, not other way around.

no no no, civilians are more experienced with bolt action pistols.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin

Yeah I heard on CNN that he just had the AR on his shoulder and just ran through the entrance to the food court. Hie neighbor said he had the guitar case when getting into his car at his house. Another poster said that the mall is a "gun free zone", and not even the guards have guns. I tell ya what, if I was an unarmed guard at a mall, no way I'm trying to stop a guy with a rifle for $10.00 an hour.

Well, don't think I would, either. I do wonder, though, if any guards did see him, and if they called it in. I haven't seen any reports of how many calls they received, or if any were before the shooting started or not. I know the mall here is "gun free" - rarely set foot in there.

The world is going mad.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Fair enough, put me down as a sheep on this one I've probably fell into the trap we all try and stay out of -
read something, subconsciously remembered it and spouted it as fact. My apologies.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And now the Connecticut shootings too... something is definitely going on here.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Please read and bump this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is about recognizing a pattern with these incidents. With a little help from the community, perhaps we can be prepared for the next one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Fair enough, put me down as a sheep on this one I've probably fell into the trap we all try and stay out of -
read something, subconsciously remembered it and spouted it as fact. My apologies.

Hey, no apologies needed! SO much conflicting data out there, it's hard to keep track. I can't remember at this stage what I have read in articles, heard in news videos, or read in here or elsewhere. I am pretty sure I remember seeing the witness claim in an article, about him carrying the gun over his shoulder, or maybe across the back ("like a backpack", I think the woman said). I know the guitar case was mentioned many times, but I don't remember where all that was. There was one n that picture, where the cops found guns, drugs, and ammo. This article -
please excuse the source...
states that someone saw him leave home with a guitar case, so who knows?

Now, I REALLY wonder if that was the same kid they busted days before!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
After much speculation on the motives and theories of recent shootings, I would like to share with you guys something I found quite interesting....

First, please read the Wiki about psychological warfare here, if you are unfamiliar with the tactics...

en.wikipedia.org...

*Note the "Modern Psycological Warfare Operations" & "United States" sections

Next, lets just see where some of these units are based. Scroll down in the wiki link to the section where it shows where the psyop units are based out of.

en.wikipedia.org...

*Note 2 of the 41 listed are in Aurora, Co, 1 is in Withycombe, OR (basically Portland), and 1 is in Fort Totten, NY (about 70 miles from Newtown, CT)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I've been watching this thread fairly closely and it was over 100 pages. Now it's 22? Can someone help me out here?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Are you sure it wasn't a different thread that was similar to this one?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin
Please read and bump this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is about recognizing a pattern with these incidents. With a little help from the community, perhaps we can be prepared for the next one.

If that is the case, your thread title is misleading. When I read:

"How Gun Control Proponents Will Eventually Win....,"

I think 2nd amendment thread from a pro ownership standpoint. Perhaps you should start another one with a more accurate title like "Lets look for patterns in recent massacres to try and stop the next one"?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I chose to place this here as it does add to strange things going on with the mall shooting. Reports are allways sketchy and evolve as the incident unfolds. I found a news clip, used the search funvtion but couldn't find the guys name, or the headline wording, so I'll throw it out here as i don't have enough posts to start a new thread. (I'm more of a lurker than a poster)

I can't find this covered my any MSM sources. Is this being covered locally only?
If someone feels this deserves discussion unto itself, feel free to start a thread about it as i cannot. Or, if it has allready been posted and i am too noobish with the search function, just disregard and i apologize.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Thanks Thunda! I'll do that later, a few members just skimmed the post and assumed I was for gun control. Knee-jerk reactions.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Is it true that both fathers are scheduled to testify in the LIBOR scandal hearings?

I know they were both on the same medication.

Odd coincidences.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join