It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One opportunity to use a time machine... What would you do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would go back to the day my mother was put on the train in NYC at the age of seven and sent away without papers of any kind in the hope she would somehow survive. I would accompany her on the train ride because I knew she was terrified and so very very sad.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I guess I would have to go into the future about 200 years and see what cures they've come up with for cancer, AIDS, MS... Then I would bring them back here. I'm such a goody!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

So money isn't a problem then? What about the respected man part?
edit on 12-12-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It's one of those questions that has serious repercussions no matter what you do.

If I went back and stopped getting involved with someone who almost destroyed my life, my life now would irrevocably be changed. Everything that douchebag did lead me to making a better life for myself, and I wouldn't like to think what my life would be like now had those things not happened.

On the other hand, changing a world event would be just as bad, as it would be billions of other peoples lives that would be effected, and not necessarily for the better.
Who's to say that making sure Hitler was never born would actually be a good thing? Sure millions of people wouldn't have been massacred; but perhaps someone else would have stepped into his place, someone may have done something even worse.

I think Marty McFly had the right idea with getting a sports almanac from the future

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by whatsecret

So money isn't a problem then? What about the respected man part?
edit on 12-12-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

Lol.

I never had money and always wished i had. That's the thing, when I stop and look back at myself I see that I have everything I always wanted and wished I had money to buy it with. You know what I mean?

I'm not sure about the respected man part yet. I get respect from my family, and I think people I work with. It's hard to say.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknewt
i would go back to when the mayans made the calendar that ends on the 21st ,and ask them why

It had to end some time.

Think about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join