It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life-sized Noah's Ark launches!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Interior view of the full scale replica of Noah's Ark with life-size replica's of animals which has opened its doors in Dordrecht, Netherlands, Monday Dec. 10, 2012, after receiving permission to receive up to 3,000 visitors per day

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Awesome!! I'd love to visit this!!

Remember the Ark was 300 cubits, its width 50 cubits, and its height 30 cubits. Each submit being the size of your hand to your elbow but Noah and his sons were much older and much larger than us, so their Cubitt's were much much bigger!

Two of every kind, not breed, and babies of course.

UPDATE:
This report came out this morning as well:

Noah's biblical flood actually happened, suggests new evidence

ca.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 11-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So how did they feed the carnivores?

Where did they keep the elephants and girrafes??? those pens are much to small for even one of those.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Where did they keep the elephants and girrafes??? those pens are much to small for even one of those.

On the deck, of course.

edit on 12/11/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just showed my daughter it, she loved it.
Something thats always puzzled me was how Noah managed to get two of everything, i,e how did he get to the pole for the polar bears, etc.

I know someones gonna say its because the bibles not true, but does anyone have the bible believers explanation?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
how did he get to the pole for the polar bears?

Polar bears are great swimmers. They didn't need to be on the Ark.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

lol, but i thought he took two of everything.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
8.7 million kinds of animals that we know of on the planet, double that when you say two of every kind.. that's never going to hold them.. No matter how big and impressive that craft is.. ( and it is ) .. it wouldn't even hold a small percentage of that ..

But of course the story of Noah is a parable anyway, it's not literal.. if we step beyond that it's pretty awesome of a creation, and I can imagine it being a huge tourist attraction.

link   
What about all the other people with boats? I guess their boats didn't work...

That's still a really cool boat, however.
edit on 11-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

link   
~
edit on 12/11/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Some other thoughts

At the time the story/parable of Noah was written, the people of the time had no clue how many kinds of animals existed, they only knew of what they saw or heard of.. I'm guess they didn't estimate this to be anywhere near the actual number or the story wouldn't work.. as it doesn't by today's knowledge.

Secondly.. assuming this is a literal story as some do believe, how would Noah have pulled this off? there are animals indigenous to their own part's of the world, I doubt Noah was able to ride around the planet scooping up two of everything.. I suppose God could have beamed them to Noah, or directly into the Ark.

=)
edit on 12/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Theres a noah for all corners of the globe
so he only had to get the critters for his bit
and it didn't come from the bible.

its one of the first 'fairytales'

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

It is possible because with it was a miracle and Gods will.
Don't doubt his will.

edit on 11/12/12 by JAK because: Editing of All Caps

/sarcasm
edit on 11-12-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't care what your religious or non-religious thoughts are about this---this is just astounding craftsmanship.

edit on 11-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu
Theres a noah for all corners of the globe
so he only had to get the critters for his bit
and it didn't come from the bible.

its one of the first 'fairytales'

My understanding was that the Noah parable was derived from the Ziusudra Epic, which is sumarian in origin

en.wikipedia.org...

The "Sumarian Flood Myth" which pre-dates Noah

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have often wondered if Noah took 2 of ever local species as he could and then a regional flood took place. Not a world wide flood but one they have proven happened.

I do not believe that the entire world flooded or that Noah took 2 of "EVERY" animal, but there is something to the story as it shows up in many religions and stories.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

lol, but i thought he took two of everything.

One of the theories I've read about involved much of the interpretation of many sources; Bible, local drawings at the time he was building, geological research, and so on...That the flood, (and the animals collected), covered a more localized region, not involving the entire world.
I'll have to go back and see if I can dig up that particular take on it. But the theory suggests that the animals were gathered from great extent around Noah, but not from the entire planet, and the flood did not cover all of Earth.
But then that would contradict everything else we thought we knew.
However the bible points out that the intent to was basically destroy man and start all over again...so will we ever know?

Either way, awesome OP! Incredible replica indeed

eta: Apparently, from what I could find, that scientist's claims didn't sit well with some intitutes
www.icr.org...

edit on 11-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't know about the Old Testament telling of the Biblical Flood and Noah's part in it as related through the Scripture...but I will say that in relation to the whole Dec 21, 2012 business, I've looked a whole lot more into a planetary flood as a real historic event and not just a Biblical story from Old Testament days.

I'll say from what I have found and read, I am entirely satisfied that the flood wasn't mythical by any stretch and was very much a real event in Earth's past. I guess we can see now what WOULD happen if the planet were without ice..for even a short time. The water lines and water damage signs on the Pyramids up to about the half way point on the facade isn't necessarily 100% proven science..but the strength of the suggestion to that and the implications are sobering to say the least.

Thats a DEEEEP pool to swim in for an unknown period of time, to be sure! The good news? Well, I also ran Global Warming sims for ocean rise and even the 100 meter water level rise that the Pyramids suggest did happen at one point in our past.....only creates a major shoreline issue in most of the world. It's not what would submerge the land by any stretch....just large areas of the coastlines. (I'm glad I live a few thousand feel in elevation..in the center of a continent
)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes, lets just excuse the story of Noah as a "parable" and not a litteral thing, despite hordes of Christians that believe it to be a 100% true story.

If you start fudging around and say, "well that's not really..." -- then the rest of the OT and the NT needs to also be re-examined. You can't just pick and choose which stories aren't supposed to be taken litterally.

And the world is only 6,000 years old...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

This is fantastic to look at. From a craftsman point of view this thing is a work of art !
Its larger than what I perceived the ark to be according to the stories but then again I'm not well versed on ancient weights and measurements .

Ok some one has to say it... I'll be that guy and get it over with seeing as this is a conspiracy website. First they build a seed vault and now they build an actual ark...... The 21 is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH

Okay I said it now we can return to our normal broadcasting. Cool story Cal.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What an amazing build. I'd love to see that. Thank you for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join