Life-sized Noah's Ark launches!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't know about the Old Testament telling of the Biblical Flood and Noah's part in it as related through the Scripture...but I will say that in relation to the whole Dec 21, 2012 business, I've looked a whole lot more into a planetary flood as a real historic event and not just a Biblical story from Old Testament days.

This report came out this morning as well:

Noah's biblical flood actually happened, suggests new evidence

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I reckon someone watched Evan Almighty and thought...I could do that.

My only concern is that it appears he got two of every animal from the taxidermist!

Looks bloody good though!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All set for 12/21/12........Where are the animals, aren't they supposed to be lining up?.......Oh damn, guess the animals know the world isn't going to end except maybe the seagull that is sitting on the ark with a fig branch in his mouth saying I see land.

Beautiful boat, does it have an engine to give tours? I wonder if it is the first replica built since Noahs ark. After all, to build an ark might cause a disaster to form. Like naming a city Atlantis seems to be Taboo.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't know about the Old Testament telling of the Biblical Flood and Noah's part in it as related through the Scripture...but I will say that in relation to the whole Dec 21, 2012 business, I've looked a whole lot more into a planetary flood as a real historic event and not just a Biblical story from Old Testament days.

This report came out this morning as well:

Noah's biblical flood actually happened, suggests new evidence

ca.news.yahoo.com...

This really doesn't surprise me...and I go out of my way to look outside the Bible for the benefit of those who hate that text like it's contagious with a disease or something.. lol.

Personally, I look at the Bible as two things... The Scripture and basis of belief for the Christian Faith ....and one of the best history books the planet has had survive the ravages of time. After all, those words weren't put to paper by God in his own hand. They were transcribed by men, right? Men who recorded the events and the sights around them in the context of a religious text...but stillm recording what they understood or personally saw as real events.

I figure there is a lot to learn within the pages of the Good Book by nothing more than a secular eye for historic information.

* As far as the flood? I look at Greenland and while the melt off this season wasn't a first or unheard of..it's HOW many things in totally unrelated areas this year that can be described that way and happening in such a short time? So many 'It's not unique..but....' ... I hope Greenland conditions for a hyper-fast melt like we saw...can't repeat in extreme southern areas. Everyone on the coast would be needing a boat or transport inland real real fast...and likely for the long term future too.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So how did they feed the carnivores?

Where did they keep the elephants and girrafes??? those pens are much to small for even one of those.

They were all plant eaters, before the Sins of Adam and Eve...
Although this was after the Sin, Animals were not all Carnivores.. Believe this occurred after they were returned to land.

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Just showed my daughter it, she loved it.
Something thats always puzzled me was how Noah managed to get two of everything, i,e how did he get to the pole for the polar bears, etc.

I know someones gonna say its because the bibles not true, but does anyone have the bible believers explanation?

Polar bears did not actually exist during Noah's day. Polar bears are an adaptive species of an original kind of bear. Before the flood, the earth's climate was much warmer and thus no polar regions existed as they do now. The regions at the earth's poles, could have been somewhat less warm than the other parts of the earth but, did not have freezing temperatures.

Also, if you believe in evolution then you must believe in Pangea too? So they walked

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to so you can justify your faith...
Don't let things like logic, common sense, and deductive reasoning get in the way!

Pangea is MUCH older than any human being, let alone polar bears.

And the world is only 6,000 years old.
edit on 11-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to so you can justify your faith...
Don't let things like logic, common sense, and deductive reasoning get in the way!

Pangea is MUCH older than any human being, let alone polar bears.

And the world is only 6,000 years old.

'
Archer...
You just stepped into.......................... the DANGER ZONE!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A lot of today's species didn't even exist, as many of them are results of cross breeding across generations. This once again lowers the amount of animals Noah was required to take.
Maybe noah only took the baby's of each species.. Babies are healthier, they will live longer and more of an opportunity to breed more of their kind and make more room on the arc not having the huge animals..
The ark itself was 300x50x30 cubits (Genesis 6:15) If noah actually used these measurements, there was more than enough room on the ark to hold the animals and all the feed needed to feed them (just my thoughts)
I'm very impressed with what Johan Huibers did plus he is charging 2 dollars a head to view his arc so it was a smart business move on his part he will make back his 1million and more in no time..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I see your a hockey fan so I'll ease up!

D-d-d-danger zone!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

What about the millions of species of bugs in the Amazon rainforrest, many of which we still are discovering to this day?

Oh wait, they didn't exist 4,000 years ago. Right.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can we not just admire the ark?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Just showed my daughter it, she loved it.
Something thats always puzzled me was how Noah managed to get two of everything, i,e how did he get to the pole for the polar bears, etc.

I know someones gonna say its because the bibles not true, but does anyone have the bible believers explanation?

DNA life is more than just the physical existance.

It begins at the embroyonic stage.

Packing millions of test tube animal life on board a ship, with just a few full grown surrogate female animal species is not a difficult task.

Insects will always find a way to survive through floating debris. Cockroches are living proof with ancestry that dates back million of years.

Nothing is imposssible to our common Creator who created us.

I know some of the ignorant will then say why not just save all and prevent the flood. But if one reads the ancient chronicles, one will realize that the nature ordained flood served a purpose - to wipe out the decadent human sacrificing races on Earth less the more humane class 2 type humans such as Noah and his family.
edit on 11-12-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
Can we not just admire the ark?

This is neither the time nor place..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
MystikMushroom
All i did was put my thoughts down nothing more..I have no idea about the bugs from 4,000 years ago ..But SilentE is right lets just admire what the man built its truly astonishing im my eyes..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Noah had a big job on his hands! Good thing he had help.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread. I live in dutchland and now I know there is a Noah Ark somewhere in the water when TSHTF. Something to look forward to when I am all alone trying to keep my head above the waterline.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have always thought the ark was a figurative for Earth as in Earth is the ark. I dunno but this is pretty darn awesome.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

He took seven of very clean animal...and two of unclean.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
what did god have against dinosaurs. why didnt they put dinos on the ark. Seems rather nasty to just let them all drown considering that they didn't even eat meat back then. Must have been a real b#$%^ trying to eat grass with that big T-rex mouth

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Factual history book hey??

I am assuming you missed the post about Ziusudra??
And we won't even start on the multiple rewrites and edits. That is one long exhausting conversation.
I have no interest in a history book that blatantly contradicts itself over and over. I am sure it is useful in some sort of geographical nature but then again so is spider man in proving New york exists.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join