It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing near the Sun? Is it a comet or meteorite? It hangs out for at least a week.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by ngchunter

Then you did your work well, but the original reply that I responded to far from bursted anyones bubble. I guess you missed my point? Not a big deal really. Yes, I have read every single post in this thread. Same old deal. ~$heopleNation

Are you the authority on when people's bubble's are bursted and when they aren't?
Jrdavis still thinks it's a spaceship with heatshields... Sad to say. No matter how much evidence points to it being Mercury.

That's who the poster's reply was directed at.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Why is the object moving in the opposite direction of the stars in the background?

The stars in the background are moving from left to right, the object enters from the right and moves to the left.

Because Mercury orbits the sun faster than STEREO, so its orbital motion determines its direction of travel through the field of view. That means it travels from right to left when on the opposite side of the sun.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Jrdavis still thinks it's a spaceship with heatshields

Now that's one bubble that doesn't want to be burst.

Fried aliens anyone?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
A applaud those trying to explain this objectively but do understand, you can only lead a horse to water. Some here want to see something else and that is what they will see; no matter the amount of evidence that points otherwise, i.e, Mercury.

Don't take this as a knock to those who don't see it as such, but the evidence is pointing in that direction that it is indeed Mercury.

ATS, Already Taken Sides.

This seems to be the general consensus with topics I see lately.

I think it's mental illness. Some people are just pre-disposed to see little green men and conspiracies ALL the time and around every corner. No matter how much evidence you present to them, they dismiss it out of hand. This is either because they consider themselves to be experts via Google, will not trust authority, want to disagree with everyone else's opinion or all of the above.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Oh, it's just starting to get interesting. I still don't think it's mercury.
It's something.

Buhaha

Least I got a member to ATS.........

Works every time.

[Welcome to ATS DarkBringer]
edit on 11-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Thankfully science when done correctly is not about opinion, but evidence. All of the evidence is showing it's a planet.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Manhater

Well you must have some thoughts on what it is then if not a planet. What do you think it is ?

It's something.

I'm not speculating.

I have seen many similar threads, but I have to admit you are one of the better in the field when it comes to noticing strange things "in the pictures"

Mercury is the messenger.. I get the message.. ?..
It's a planet like planned it ... The whole time

edit on 12/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I never said it was a spaceship, I only said I do not believe it is a planet based on the video, never going to convince me otherwise.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Never?

Why so close minded?

What do you think it is?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Show me a video of a planet morphing from one shape to another from one day to the next. As to what is I don't have a clue, I just feel certain it is not a planet.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

The link is to a video of Venus orbiting the sun....It looks similar to your video with the exception of the slower movement. My guess is this is Mercury orbiting the sun. If the object had some kind of weird movement Id be much more inclined to vote for a UFO. If that is a spaceship....they picked a boring simple path to fly for week or so it was moving in your video. Great find though.

Edit: And in reference to the planet changing "shapes" ...you can see the spherical outline each time its just illuminating different parts of it. I also want to add that I believe in aliens and would love to know of their existence probably more than anything, but this isn't it.
edit on 12-12-2012 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

They morph and change shape because they are too bright for the satellites sensors, this has already been explained.

If they're not planets, why is there a list of transits that are accurate years ahead of them actually happening?

The next decent transit will be Jupiter, but you'll have to wait till January for that.

Jupiter

Date entering FOV: 01/21/2013
Time:03:00

Date exiting FOV: 01/31/2013
Time:12:00

Direction: Left to Right

Remember the date and I will prove to you that it can only be a planet, there is no other way it can be anything else when the times it is visible can be accurately predicted.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Show me a video of a planet morphing from one shape to another from one day to the next. As to what is I don't have a clue, I just feel certain it is not a planet.

So I see you still refuse to address the evidence showing that it's just Mercury. Fine, I'll do you even better than your goalpost. Here's Venus morphing from one shape to the next in SECONDS:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Since you say you don't have a clue, maybe the best way to get one is to do a little research before you decide what it is or isn't.
This has been posted in this thread several times--why ignore it?
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Most planets are too bright for the sensitive optics in the STEREO coronagraphs, causing them to appear overly large and distorted. Note the "butterfly" shape of Venus in the COR2 image below, caused by diffraction off the occulter stem. In the HI1 and HI2 images, planet images and particularly bright stars will also be accompanied by vertical streaks (either white or black), which is due to the shutterless readout of the cameras on these telescopes. Most planets will move from left to right, but the inner planets Mercury and Venus often are seen moving from right to left.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

As has already been discussed in this thread, those morphing shapes are not the planets themselves but the glare produced by the planet as its light is captured by the overly sensitive camera equipment.

Most planets are too bright for the sensitive optics in the STEREO coronagraphs, causing them to appear overly large and distorted. Note the "butterfly" shape of Venus in the COR2 image below, caused by diffraction off the occulter stem.

Source: Image Artifacts - Stars, Planets, and Comets

The camera used by STEREO needs to be very light sensitive to capture the solar material blowing far out into space. The camera can capture this, but at the same time some other objects in its field of view will be bright distorted blobs of light and glare.

So those odd shapes are caused by the over-sensitivity of the cameras causing glare -- they aren't the really the shapes of the objects.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see 'Pauligirl' above posted this before I could.

edit on 12/12/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I by no means have any knowledge with space, astrology, planets, satellites, the sun, mercury or whatever... However, i do have a question regarding this object in the video... At 18 secs on the OP video, the object seems to leave a trail or some sort. It looks like it starts to burn up or gain some type of speed leaving a vapor type trail. I'm just wondering is that normal for a planet to do that? Is it a lens flare? Is it a glare from the sun? I'm curios, since i have no clue about this stuff. Could someone possibly explain it to me!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here's a section of the image from COR 2 on STEREO-B, taken 17:25:00 on 11/27/12:

Here's what I see when I fire up my copy of Starry Night and look at the sun from STEREO-B's position, with the label for Mercury turned on:

Here's an animation comparing the two frames. You can see that even the stars line up, so obviously it's Mercury.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The reptilians have a difficult time in the cold of space. I can only assume they did a drive bye to catch up on some sun rays before their assault on planet earth, which of course, will happen December 21st, 2012. Dah! I thought my fellow ATSers would have figured that out by now!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Emotions can get you into trouble at times as well as as make a person appear foolish. Emotions are not logical and in this case have caused your brain to cease functioning. Despite all of the evidence clearly demonstrating Mercury, your mamillion glande overwhelmes you.

Ditto to the Op

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Could this be venus or mercury? If not, I doubt if this object is near the sun! If it were to be an object near the sun first it would have to be enormous! lastly, we would see it disturb the solar wind! I also don't believe it to be close to us because of how slow it moves but i'm probably wrong because of the size of it! It's very interesting to say the least but besides that I don't have a clue as to what it is!
edit on 12-12-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
After the nice little animation from Nataylor I tend to believe it might just be mercury.

Now was that so hard to explain?

1.2.3... And he wrapped it up in a nice pretty package without all the scientific jargon that confuses everyone.

Everything lines up.

-Officers have their own Language.
-Lawyers have their own Language
-Doctors have their own Language
-Scientists have their own Language
-Nerds have their own Language

Now if everyone all spoke the same dang Language, don't you think people would understand you better?

LOL

edit on 12-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join