Apparently some of us have learned NOTHING.

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Weapons are tools of the weak and making plans in advance to hoard is selfish and stupid.


So then, you must be planning on other people to feed you rather than be reliant on yourself. Although that's a pretty common theme these days, it might not work in a SHTF scenario when the government is not taking such good care of you. I mean, your food stamps aren't going to work, though maybe you can eat your EBT card for a little roughage.

You are right, though. Weapons are a tool of the weak. For example, they can make a weak 120 pound woman equal to a strong 200 pound man. Not such a bad deal if you ask me.


Clearly you've never shot a man, sometimes they just keep on coming.




posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Trublbrwing
 


Watch a film called the road and come back saying we do not need weapons.



You do realize that movie is fiction, not a documentary don't you?



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
What about weapons for the purpose of hunting? I'd say that's pretty reasonable.


In that case it IS reasonable, when the weapons are kept to repel human beings in search of food and shelter it's not.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by watchitburn
 



You are being naive, and someone is going to have you for breakfast.

You may be more spot on with that statement than you know.


Well, aren't you spooky.
Thank's for stopping by.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I find it very disturbing to read about, and see on television, people preparing for disaster by stockpiling weapons, ammunition and supplies. Isn't this the same material we built our current house of horrors from?
Weapons are tools of the weak and making plans in advance to hoard is selfish and stupid.
Pawn your guns and buy some first aid supplies and blankets, the wall of thankful people around you will protect you much better than any weapon.


This is denial of what it means to be human. Throughout history we have proven that there will always be humans with a hunger for power. We can't get away from this fact. And, greed - without guns I guarantee you that there will be those that will take your stuff from you. It's just human nature; sad, but undeniable.


I honestly don't believe that type of behavior is human nature, it's something we've learned to do over time. The majority of Native American tribes had no concept of crime, punishment or greed before our arrival.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I find it more disturbing and selfish of you to even start this rant. Long story short, what if the SHTF and I kick your door to loot your belongings and point a gun to your face cause I'm prepared. Are you?... Scenarios like these deter us of our moralities, and kick start our survival instincts. It's a good idea to be prepared for any situation, unless you don't mind being a pawn in the long run. Live in the now, be prepared for the future.


OK, I'll play along.
You kick in a door but I'm not on the other side of it, instead you kicked in the door of someone like yourself, unfortunately that person has an AK47 with a full clip and he saw you coming ten minutes ago.
You just kicked in the door of gangster rapper 50 cent and he now has a new gun, yours.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
I find it more disturbing and selfish of you to even start this rant. Long story short, what if the SHTF and I kick your door to loot your belongings and point a gun to your face cause I'm prepared. Are you?... Scenarios like these deter us of our moralities, and kick start our survival instincts. It's a good idea to be prepared for any situation, unless you don't mind being a pawn in the long run. Live in the now, be prepared for the future.


OK, I'll play along.
You kick in a door but I'm not on the other side of it, instead you kicked in the door of someone like yourself, unfortunately that person has an AK47 with a full clip and he saw you coming ten minutes ago.
You just kicked in the door of gangster rapper 50 cent and he now has a new gun, yours.



50 cent
That's the best you can come up with? You pointed out the lamest studio wankster that is no longer around.




He’s gone from “Straight Outta Southside” to straight-to-DVD.


His acting is as terrible as his rapping.

Lol

My point is, to be prepared...but you turned this around like mary go round.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing
 





Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I find it very disturbing to read about, and see on television, people preparing for disaster by stockpiling weapons, ammunition and supplies. Isn't this the same material we built our current house of horrors from?
Weapons are tools of the weak and making plans in advance to hoard is selfish and stupid.
Pawn your guns and buy some first aid supplies and blankets, the wall of thankful people around you will protect you much better than any weapon.


This is denial of what it means to be human. Throughout history we have proven that there will always be humans with a hunger for power. We can't get away from this fact. And, greed - without guns I guarantee you that there will be those that will take your stuff from you. It's just human nature; sad, but undeniable.


I honestly don't believe that type of behavior is human nature, it's something we've learned to do over time. The majority of Native American tribes had no concept of crime, punishment or greed before our arrival.


thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, native Americans killed each other and went to war over territory many of times. what ever kindergarten book you got your info out of is wrong. Natives killed Natives long before the white man came through. DO some research before you start spouting off blatant lies.
edit on 11-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Just to point out I have weapons but no firearms (Telling you so the police do not kick my door down).



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
The majority of Native American tribes had no concept of crime, punishment or greed before our arrival.


Only recently have I learned that this is not true.

Did American Indians Fight Each Other



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


It is usual for the victors to write the history but in modern time many many on the losing side have a tendency to try to rewrite theirs.

When you are a people with no written history,it is easy to play the victim and cast aside truth for a more romantic picture of you as a people.

In Australia elements of the Aboriginal culture has been doing this for years, trying to make it seem as if they were some noble caretakers of the land when in actual fact they were a stoneage culture of simple hunter gatherers moving in tribes. Tribal warfare was a fact of life as was the often harsh environment.

North American Indians were at about the same level except they had bows and arrows and of course horses both of which made life a little easier.

P



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358
 


It seems you do not want to give them credit were credit is due, although they were warriors, and killed each other long before the white-mans influence. They did care for the land and realized that the land is why they lived. Compared to what we have done with the land that allows us to live they were noble caretakers. Were we are all now unprejudiced takers of the land, no better than common rapists, when compared to the hunter gatherer natives.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Weapons are tools of the weak and making plans in advance to hoard is selfish and stupid.


So then, you must be planning on other people to feed you rather than be reliant on yourself. Although that's a pretty common theme these days, it might not work in a SHTF scenario when the government is not taking such good care of you. I mean, your food stamps aren't going to work, though maybe you can eat your EBT card for a little roughage.

You are right, though. Weapons are a tool of the weak. For example, they can make a weak 120 pound woman equal to a strong 200 pound man. Not such a bad deal if you ask me.


Clearly you've never shot a man, sometimes they just keep on coming.


But there weren't quite as many of them as there were before. Besides, you are inventing scenarios. And they'll be still coming if you can't defend yourself, too.

So what are you going to do to defend yourself, pull up your dress?



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by pheonix358
 


It seems you do not want to give them credit were credit is due, although they were warriors, and killed each other long before the white-mans influence. They did care for the land and realized that the land is why they lived. Compared to what we have done with the land that allows us to live they were noble caretakers. Were we are all now unprejudiced takers of the land, no better than common rapists, when compared to the hunter gatherer natives.


By their very nature hunter/gatherers had to be closer to the land, but it's a bit of a myth that they took great care of their own land. It's well documented that they would light the prarie on fire to drive the game, run a herd off a cliff to get a few pieces of meat, and kill pretty much anything that stood in their way. It's also a myth that they "used every scrap" of an animal they killed. In the midst of plenty they would use what they could and leave the rest to rot. Human nature is universal.

The Native Americans did not impact the land as much as it is impacted now simply because there weren't as many of them. The "Sacred Indian as Noble Caretaker" is a modern myth we made up.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler
 


thats why i said compared to US they were noble caretakers. We knowingly and willfully do horrible things to our home which is way more damage than a brush fire, and natives leaving animal waste, was not waste at all, they knew the wolfs got theirs, the beetles and grubs got there's and they knew the animals they killed returned to earth. They saw humans and animals and nature itself connected as one, so to them nothing ever went to waste, as your post pointed out today we think of animal waste as waste, that is simply not the case.

a buffalo is killed the meat and fat and skin are stripped and some bones are taken for tools and weapons but most of the guts and leftovers are left. The wolves and birds and other scavengers get a meal, then the bugs come and clean the up the rest, those bugs are important in the ecosystem, they feed fish, birds and are involved in the growth of plants and fungus. So now the grass grows and the next generation of buffalo eat, and the next generation of human eats. It seems the natives understood nature better than we ever will.

So do think it was coincidence they had a low population, in alot of tribes only the best men were to take wife's(not saying this rule, as all rules were not bent and broken from time to time) and the weak men with no respect or were not deemed great warriors could take no wife's and make no children. I believe this was a form of population control, weather it was intentional or not, i dont know. either way they kept the population at a sustainable number, not massively overpopulating like we do, and in some areas paying degenerates for popping out as many kids as they can fit in there trailer. so in the end the natives did way more for the earth than we have which makes them way more noble than we will ever be.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze
 


I do not think that they were any more Noble than we are. Individually many of us are Noble and I am sure many of them were as well. But I do not think they should be on a pedal stool of their own making.

We do much more against mother nature simply because we have the advanced tools to do so.

A bulldozer can do a great more damage than say a horse!

P



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by DocHolidaze
 


I do not think that they were any more Noble than we are. Individually many of us are Noble and I am sure many of them were as well. But I do not think they should be on a pedal stool of their own making.

We do much more against mother nature simply because we have the advanced tools to do so.

A bulldozer can do a great more damage than say a horse!

P


i will not agree, we do not rape the earth simply because we have the tech, we rape the earth because we have the will, profits, greed, and lazyness. please dont blame inanimate objects for are shortcommings as a society. and as i pointed out before im not saying they were a noble people, but they are saints compared to what we have become
edit on 11-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Trublbrwing
 





Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I find it very disturbing to read about, and see on television, people preparing for disaster by stockpiling weapons, ammunition and supplies. Isn't this the same material we built our current house of horrors from?
Weapons are tools of the weak and making plans in advance to hoard is selfish and stupid.
Pawn your guns and buy some first aid supplies and blankets, the wall of thankful people around you will protect you much better than any weapon.


This is denial of what it means to be human. Throughout history we have proven that there will always be humans with a hunger for power. We can't get away from this fact. And, greed - without guns I guarantee you that there will be those that will take your stuff from you. It's just human nature; sad, but undeniable.


I honestly don't believe that type of behavior is human nature, it's something we've learned to do over time. The majority of Native American tribes had no concept of crime, punishment or greed before our arrival.


thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, native Americans killed each other and went to war over territory many of times. what ever kindergarten book you got your info out of is wrong. Natives killed Natives long before the white man came through. DO some research before you start spouting off blatant lies.
edit on 11-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)


I can tell by your avatar that you're an expert on the subject of Native Americans.......in movies.
I said "tribes" as in groups, meaning within the tribes the members looked out for each other. Disputes between tribes were rare and escalated after the arrival of European settlers.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing
 


i dont know if u have seen the movie from which my avatar came, but there are no indians, a couple mexicans maybe.




Disputes between tribes were rare and escalated after the arrival of European settlers.





Native American Warriors The art of war was a common part of life for ancient Native Americans. Native American warriors were an integral part of every Indian tribe, and were considered brave heroes. In most tribes Native American warriors were sculpted from birth. In fact, legend has it that after birth a future warrior’s umbilical cord was often buried on the battle field. This would signify that the child was born a warrior, and would dedicate his life to fighting for his people. In fact, some tribes a young Native American was only considered a man once he had made his first killing. Many ancient Native American warriors were the skin and hide of animals. This battlefield attire usually included a headpiece that was made from a head of a real animal. This apparel had both practical and spiritual origins. The animal skins would help the warriors hide from their enemies, and Native Americans also felt that it kept them closer to nature. They thought that this would help protect them. Native American warriors would often use homemade weapons. One of the most common was the spear, which was little more than a sharpened stick, measuring two feet long. Before going to battle the tribe would usually have a celebration for the Native American warrior. This celebration would consist of dancing, singing, and praying for the safe return of the fighter. At this time the warrior would paint his face with the blood of a sacrificial animal. This was thought to keep the fighter safe during battle. A similar celebration would be given once the warrior had returned having beaten the enemy. During this celebration, warriors were often presented the feathers from an eagle to acknowledge their accomplishments. These feathers would then be proudly displayed in a headdress. The warrior with the most feathers was usually considered the bravest and most accomplished.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing
 



your no Daisey
edit on 14-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join