It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mufon report: Blue star orbiting the sun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Hey, I agree with you, I mentioned earlier in this thread that the object appears behind the cloud in the first pic too, so how can it be a lens flare then? I don't know, and I also don't know why this thread was moved to hoax when it was a legitimate report submitted to mufon?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion

Originally posted by rwfresh

"According to informal tradition, O stars are called "blue", "

"Class O stars are very hot and extremely luminous, being bluish in color; in fact, most of their output is in the ultraviolet range. "

Come on people.. "It doesn't look blue so it's a lie"

Blue star

Are you really suggesting that the person who took the picture was really an astrophysicist who meant there was an actual 'class O star' within the atmosphere?
Why would you even defend the idea in the first place?
Just being alternative and rooting for the underdog?

No, it's a lie because it's a well known phenomenon caused by a mass of excitable fools pointing cameras at the sun.
And the logic of it being there at all is not compatible with reality.

You believe that the article suggesting it's a blue star is not aligned with the theory of it being a class O star? There is no doubt in my mind that is exactly what is being suggested. That is the running theory about the "second sun". Right?

Come on. Whether you think the picture is fake or a lens flare or WHATEVER shouldn't make it impossible to understand what is meant by "blue" star.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Do you have any scientific data to back up your claim of it being in between the clouds? As much as i have with my opinion.

"Classic" as in your opinion of off-topic opinions of people you believe are "scientific". Werd.

Look you are free to have your opinions. I don't find them offensive or anything.. but i do think declaring your opinion has scientific authority is misleading.

You BELIEVE this is a lens flare. Got it.

The picture shows the flare in between the clouds and the camera. Its apparent to the observer.

However, a quick and easy way to offer up some scientific proof, is to just post this. STEREO and SDO image the sun everyday.

If there were something in front of it directly, it would be imaged. Happy?

You can look through the images yourself:

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Blue stars shine ultraviolet. So.. generally humans can't see that part of the spectrum. Meaning that kind of light is "hidden" from our un-assisted sight.. like cells and atoms.

I'm not saying there is a blue star flying behind the sun.. but if you folks want to understand what is being proposed rather than just saying "it's a lens flare" it might make sense to read what the article is saying.

It would help if you knew that a "class-o" star is anywhere from 15-90 masses of the sun. In other words, it's not showing up in our solar system unnoticed. Which lets us use the process of elimination. We get to rule it out before even having to think to hard about it!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
When and why was this moved to the hoax bin?

Going through the discussion it looks like everyone was having a fun time trying to figure out what it was and giving their opinions.

Hoax? What is the hoax?

edit on 11-12-2012 by PeterGriffin because: accidentally quoted someone

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin

When and why was this moved to the hoax bin?

Going through the discussion it looks like everyone was having a fun time trying to figure out what it was and giving their opinions.

Hoax? What is the hoax?

edit on 11-12-2012 by PeterGriffin because: accidentally quoted someone

YAH, IM the op, I have no idea either, I posted a legit mufon report!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Hoax is simply this.

Go outside and look up on a clear day.

How many suns do you see?

The answer is one. Because there is only one there.

Anyone who claims there are two suns in the sky, without taking into account this simple fact, is hoaxing you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
The Hoax is simply this.

Anyone who claims there are two suns in the sky, without taking into account this simple fact, is hoaxing you.

Ahhh k so its not me thats hoaxing, lol, ok good, got it, cause i definitely didn't mean to hoax anyone! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The Hoax is simply this.

Wow. I realize you're a moderator, but what a ridiculous statement. I'm assuming YOU'RE the one who made this a hoax. Again, ridiculous.

There is a photo that APPEARS to have a blue star orbiting the sun. There is NO HOAX here. Everyone is giving what they feel is an explanation for it.

Will this remark be removed? Will I get a "violation" for saying that I think you're wrong for making this a "hoax"?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

You'd be wrong in your assumption.

You are also wrong in your premise. This wasn't presented as a sun dog, or a natural phenomena

From the OP

On 11-3-2012, I took two pictures of the sunset. Later that night while reviewing the pictures, I noticed that the sun had another sphere on the left side of it. Both were taken from the window of my van while I was driving with 20 seconds in between each photo. If it was glare, it would have bounced around because of me driving and appeared in different spots..

It can't be much clearer than that, can it?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I just presented the report, which was a legtimate report with photos purporting to what the person who witnessed this thought it was, but there was no intention for hoax!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

And no ones saying you did. The person making the claims originally is the hoaxer.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

I just presented the report, which was a legtimate report with photos purporting to what the person who witnessed this thought it was, but there was no intention for hoax!

Neformore -- ^ what he said ^

I guess we can agree to disagree.

However, there is no hoax here. A hoax is defined as "a humorous or malicious deception"

I'm glad to hear it wasn't you who moved it the hoax bin....(even though you said yourself it's a hoax simply because if you look up in the sky you'll see only one sun) .....but if it wasn't you, then I take back the accusation.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

However, there is no hoax here. A hoax is defined as "a humorous or malicious deception"

Someone takes a picture, and presents it as an unusual phenomena, suggesting there are two suns in the sky.

All he/she has to do is look up and verify it. Or maybe ask a friend to look, or maybe realise that the TV stations/radio stations etc aren't full of the news of the second star in the sky suddenly

And you are suggesting that people are really so stupid as to not do that, before making a fool of themselves on the internet by claiming it?

Either he/she has no sense of shame/idiocy, or they deliberately intended to try and mislead.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"LATER THAT NIGHT WHILE REVIEWING THE PICTURES I NOTICED".......those are the key words.

It was something strange....If someone took a photo and a ghost appeared after the film was developed could the person simply say "let me go back in the room and see if the ghost is still there.....nope, the ghost is not there....I must be hoaxing myself"

COME ON. I won't bother trying to argue with you. We just have two completely different opinions on what a "hoax" is

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

"LATER THAT NIGHT WHILE REVIEWING THE PICTURES I NOTICED".......those are the key words.

"So I checked the next morning before I put them on the internet, and theres only one sun"

"So I asked my friends who said 'don't be stupid, theres one sun in the sky'"

"So I thought to myself, hell, theres billions of people on the planet, why aren't more people discussing this - is it on the TV news?"

"So I thought - hey - I use the net, I'll do some research"

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

"So I checked the next morning before I put them on the internet, and theres only one sun"

"So I asked my friends who said 'don't be stupid, theres one sun in the sky'"

"So I thought to myself, hell, theres billions of people on the planet, why aren't more people discussing this - is it on the TV news?"

"So I thought - hey - I use the net, I'll do some research"

.........Because every single strange phenomenon STAYS in sight FOREVER....

.........Because if my friends didn't see it, it can't possibly be true.

.........and EVERYONE and the world has to have seen it, if they didn't, then it didn't happen....

.........and the internet has all the answers.....

If you were to use your logic when looking into UFO's, Ghosts, 911, reptilians, illuminati, etc...this site and every other conspiracy theory site would not exist.

I really am done now. I'm glad I don't live life with blinders on.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Simple question. How many suns do you see in the sky?

You know, when something isn't verifiable - like aliens, ufo's, ghosts, 911, then yes... we can speculate.

But when all you have to do is look up.....its a no brainer.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yah but again, the sun is bright, how do you know you don't need special goggles or something to see beyond the brightness an object that speculatively might be close to the sun?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Thanks Peter Griffin for sticking up for me!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join