It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mufon report: Blue star orbiting the sun?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Phage. what a surprise to see YOU here...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Well thats quite miraculous, why don't you present this to the authorities, so we can enlighten all people to the truth, that we actually live in a binary star system. whoopdee doo!

Amazing discovery, with such poor equipment too - Astronomical infact, excuse the pun.

Since there doesn't seem to be any big changes from a single star system, I guess people don't really need to know, which is why nasa(or any other astronomer) never mentioned it?

Lol.
edit on 11-12-2012 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
i have seen some cool pics of this blue star - probably the blue kachina predicted by the Hopi Indians. One was a NASA foto.

Yeah, probably.
Care to post the proof?
How do you undeniably connect that as yet unidentified photo as being the same as this?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Seriously, just go outside and look up as it is that easy. Guess what you will find?

If you say the sun all by itself then you are correct,as nothing else is up there with it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
Go look up in the sky right now. Do you see a moon? If not, the moon is a hoax.

Never mind that it might be daytime, never mind that it might be cloudy, never mind that it might be a moonless night.

Sorry but this is the poster child advert for straw man arguments.

Lets use some (sadly lacking) common sense here shall we?

Temporary weather conditions that affect your observation from a particular point don't preclude the existence of the moon.

I don't believe there is a "second sun" floating around the sun.. but i don't believe there couldn't be something that could eventually be classified as a "second sun" under some unknown condition that could be under a set of very specific atmospheric and heavenly conditions be photographed.

Fact is, such conditions don't exist. Radio telescopes aren't bothered by clouds or glare. The astronomy community, from amateurs up to NASA employ devices that record light across all spectrums, including infra red and "non visible" bandings.

The fact that there is ABSOLUTELY no WAY you can prove otherwise makes calling this a hoax a hoax in and of itself.

Go ahead and PROVE this photo is hoax. All i see is a bunch of self proclaimed internet scientists attempting and failing at discounting it.

How can I prove it? Go outside and look up.

Its a cold and clear day here in the North of England. The sun is shining away outside, all by itself. I know this because not more than three minutes ago I was outside and looking up.

How else can I prove it? Well, we're still breathing. Any additional star that was introduced into our solar system would massively destabilise the balance of the system, the planetary orbits, the goldilocks zone etc. There would be increased radiation and a huge amount of disruption.

You want more? Our science has detected all kinds of objects out in space. From Brown Dwarfs to Black Holes to quasars, pulsars and extra solar planets, and yet you seem to want to believe that someone with a camera is the only person to be able to see a second star, in our system "under certain atmospheric conditions"

It's not a hoax.. it's your opinion it's a hoax until it's proven otherwise. And seriously, everyone here seems very open to the idea that it's a hoax. I know i am. If the proof is presented fine. It would seem very likely that it IS a hoax but not one person has provided any actual proof.

Its a hoax. It relies on people being gullible and ignorant.

Think. Please, about all I said above. Take off the "mod is saying it so I have to disgaree" blinkers and actually think.

And then lets stop this nonsense?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

As with many threads on ATS, i do not think this one belongs in the hoax section at ALL.

who makes these decisions? The ATS mafia?

Thank you very much, it wasn't a hoax, there was no malicious intent to deceive at all, and I think its unfair and biased being labelled as one, I tried arguing but that didn't work. At least it was evident to a few who see my logic of questioning this contested subject. If you follow other threads, you soon realize NASA could very well be covering something up, or maybe we are missing something, and that is what this site is supposed to be about!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Everyone, I think it's clear Neformore is not going to be open minded to anything other than his/her opinion....because, well, in England, he/she looked up in the sky. Made a decision for all of us. Everyone else is ignorant for having a different opinion. Case closed.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

Ignorance is measured by a complete lack of comprehension and understanding regarding an issue.

Maybe you should re-read my post above, and address the scientific facts I've mentioned, rather than lamely trying to assasinate my character?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Maybe you should re-read my post above, and address the scientific facts I've mentioned, rather than lamely trying to assasinate my character?

I recall you conveniently skipping past a solid point that gave you a challenge in proving your argument

Like when you skipped past THIS.....

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
reply to post by neformore

If someone took a photo and a ghost appeared after the film was developed could the person simply say "let me go back in the room and see if the ghost is still there.....nope, the ghost is not there....I must be hoaxing myself"

In a nutshell, all you've said to prove your point is "I walked outside and didn't see a 2nd sun, so it's a hoax"...."everyone knows there is only one sun, so it's a hoax"....

All I said is this should not be in the hoax bin. There is no hoax. How are you not grasping that point?

I agree, you have several POSSIBILITIES for explanations, but it doesn't mean you are 100% right my friend. If you can't agree to THAT there is no chance of us agreeing on anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

In a nutshell, all you've said to prove your point is "I walked outside and didn't see a 2nd sun, so it's a hoax"...."everyone knows there is only one sun, so it's a hoax"....

Umm...

How else can I prove it? Well, we're still breathing. Any additional star that was introduced into our solar system would massively destabilise the balance of the system, the planetary orbits, the goldilocks zone etc. There would be increased radiation and a huge amount of disruption.

You want more? Our science has detected all kinds of objects out in space. From Brown Dwarfs to Black Holes to quasars, pulsars and extra solar planets, and yet you seem to want to believe that someone with a camera is the only person to be able to see a second star, in our system "under certain atmospheric conditions"

If you don't read what I'm writing, how can you condemn it?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If you don't read what I'm writing, how can you condemn it?

WOW. SERIOUSLY??? Like you just skipped past my point for a SECOND TIME????

How long are we going to go back and forth on this. I just said I agree that YOU have several possible explanations that could be correct ....but you don't know 100% what it is....Neither do I. No one does.

I can admit that. Clearly you cannot.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

THIS IS WHAT I'M REFERRING TO

I recall you conveniently skipping past a solid point that gave you a challenge in proving your argument

Like when you skipped past THIS.....

If someone took a photo and a ghost appeared after the film was developed could the person simply say "let me go back in the room and see if the ghost is still there.....nope, the ghost is not there....I must be hoaxing myself"

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Holy Moly Batman I can not believe people are still insisting this may be real.
One person took a photo of the sun behind some clouds and says it is another sun, It is not,like the mod above me says just go and look outside eh?
I have seen the sun do this many times behind a cloud.
Really people stop and think for a moment, are you really that gullible or are you just a little bit dim and trying to see things that simply do not exist.
Jeez louweez, this site sometimes...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The discussion is not whether it is real or not real. The discussion is that it should not be in the "Hoax" bin. There was no hoax being made.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The discussion is not whether it is real or not real. The discussion is that it should not be in the "Hoax" bin. There was no hoax being made.

YES, thats the point, its not a hoax whether the object was a lens flare, a second sun or a star. The person who took this photo thought it legitimate enough to submit it to mufon, which is supposedly a legitimate national reporting site for real observations. Even if this person is wrong, does not mean they purposely deceived in presenting what they thought they saw, meaning not a hoax!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

and the other thing, I forgot to mention, is this reason why I posted this report to begin with was cause the original person who reported this said he took photos over the course of 3 days, which seemed more interesting then just a quick flash of a cam and offered some solidity to what this person thought, again which leads me to believe they were not lying or scamming.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

the asteroid that just missed earth was only discovered 2 days ago, so it brings in the realm of possibility of things yet to be detected.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

YES, thats the point, its not a hoax whether the object was a lens flare, a second sun or a star. The person who took this photo thought it legitimate enough to submit it to mufon, which is supposedly a legitimate national reporting site for real observations. Even if this person is wrong, does not mean they purposely deceived in presenting what they thought they saw, meaning not a hoax!

Any minute now (a certain someone) will be here to tell you how you're wrong. -- I'm still waiting for a reply to my point which I'm sure he/she will no doubt avoid once again

This is a simple question.
Why is it being avoided?
Because if this question were entertained it would contradict what a few people here are trying to prove.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The fact the person claims they were taken over three days and if you look at them that is clearly not true.
So the person who made the original claim is lying therefore a hoaxer.

OP look and read your own OP here

On 11-3-2012, I took two pictures of the sunset. Later that night while reviewing the pictures, I noticed that the sun had another sphere on the left side of it. Both were taken from the window of my van while I was driving with 20 seconds in between each photo. If it was glare, it would have bounced around because of me driving and appeared in different spots..

3 days more like 20 secs.

edit on 12-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
The fact the person claims they were taken over three days and if you look at them that is clearly not true.
So the person who made the original claim is lying therefore a hoaxer.

OP look and read your own OP here

On 11-3-2012, I took two pictures of the sunset. Later that night while reviewing the pictures, I noticed that the sun had another sphere on the left side of it. Both were taken from the window of my van while I was driving with 20 seconds in between each photo. If it was glare, it would have bounced around because of me driving and appeared in different spots..

3 days more like 20 secs.

edit on 12-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

How do you know its not true?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join