It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alignment Hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So we have been feed about the coming 21st december 2012 event, the so called "galacto nuclei alignment". But what is this alignment exactly all about?

What is aligning with the galactic center? Our sun? But we cant call something that only consist of 2 objects, an alignment. Thus, a simple 2 dots connection would be always in a perfect straight line at any given time. Making all of this aligning talk a void of any sense.

So to call this an alignment event, we will need a third celestial object. The earth is neither a variable of any value, since the supermassive blackhole, the sun and our planet would perform a perfect alignment every year. If not twice a year!

So what is this THIRD OBJECT of any importance toward the date of 21-12-2012? I have searched the net for any explaination, and found NON to satisfy this question. All of those fancy articles were all the same obscure talks about an irrelevant and unreasonable theme, without any profound basis.

And if ATS can not provide any answer to the question of this thread either, can I claim this Mayan alignment prophecy as a DEBUNKED FRAUD?

Thank you very much, people

edit on 10-12-2012 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What I have heard that there are two versions:
- 1st: Our solar system is getting close to the "galactic plane". I don't think real science supports this.
- 2nd: There is galactic center, sun, earth alignment. Remember our solar system isn't the same level as galactic plane so this would indeed be rare event.

I don't think either has any rational explanation of why they matter, so don't think too seriously about these alignment-theories

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The alignment is real, you have to think in 3-D to understand it.

here is some info...

alignment2012.com...

...weather it will have any effect on us or not is what is debatable.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
IMHO , almost all wishfull thinking based on " alignments " can be traced back astrology and its ascosiated nonsence

you might as well take notice of the " alignment " of cars in your works carpark - it makes as much sense

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

given the ` track record ` of " alignment predictions " i shall set my alert status to " blase "

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

here is some info...

alignment2012.com...

Is that a pun?
Are you hinting at storms raging, winds a blowing kind of thing?
Or a dead calm?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I'm just saying...the alignment is real in astronomical terms.

Will we feel it in anyway? Don't know, neither does anyone for sure...all we can do is speculate.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

here is some info...

alignment2012.com...

Is that a pun?
Are you hinting at storms raging, winds a blowing kind of thing?
Or a dead calm?

i think they meant to say whether instead of weather, but i caught that also.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Sorry about that...I meant wether (spell checker says it's wrong, but still). I didn't want to mention weather (rain, storms and such)...

English is my second language, so please don't hold it against me.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Unless all the astronomers all over the world are part of a grand conspiracy to suppress the truth of any possible material effects it can have on the earth, the only effects, if any, could be non-material.

Regardless of how frequent such an alignment is, in astronomical sense it appears to be a non-event.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

here is some info...

alignment2012.com...

very interesting article, thanks. but why not last year? it seems there should be not so much differ with last years angle toward the galactic center, dont you think? how tiny would you think, is the annual angle shift of our sun in respect to sagitarius *A ?? i bet hardly any difference, cmiiw!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There will be no "alignment" with the center of the Galaxy. Sort of (but not really) close to one but it's no different than what happens every year.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Solar System crossed the Galactic plane several million years ago and it will many millions before it does so again.

In addition, the solar system moves perpendicular to the galactic plane in a harmonic fashion, with a period of 52 to 74 million years and an amplitude of ~49 to 93 pc out of the galactic plane. (The uncertainties in the estimates of the period and amplitude of the motion are caused by the uncertainty in the amount of dark matter in the galactic disk.) The Sun and planets passed through the galactic plane about 2-3 million years ago, moving "northward."

www.astro.ncu.edu.tw...
edit on 12/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by Phage

Thx, Phage.

I read a very similar piece about 4 years ago while I was interested in the whole galactic center hooplah. It's interesting to say the least.

As I began to read NASA and scientific sites, I found that indeed we have been rising above the 'plane' for many years.

If this is the consensus of science, that we are indeed above the galactic plane and still rising, then why are there still many who perpetuate the myth about some alignment occuring on the Winter Solstice of this year? H Channel probably being the guiltiest of them all.

I just don't understand. Beyond the countless threads here @ ATS which all have the conclusive evidence of the current position of the Solar System in relation to the galaxy's center, we now have a new one where we clearly see the truth written in Phage's little quote source.

Are the people who make the claim about this alignment ignoring the facts, or are they just unaware of the truth? That is the real question concerning this issue.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by coyote66

Tis the completion of the Great Year. A 26,000 year cycle... The earth has completed its Precessional wobble and returned to its original point..

top topics

join