It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just OCD or is there anything?.. .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have OCD,and so I have quite a number of "rituals",because I keep accidentally thinking will this or that get cursed.. .But if I recalled properly,sometimes I think I got a bit fed up and think of something along the lines of "ok,if I do the rituals,the curses will be effective instead".. .Ok,maybe I am just considering whether to make that thought count or maybe I really do intend it to be real at that point,I can't remember,and I don;t know what are parameters of whatever I am thinking about.Any ideas?I mean curse need intentions right?.. .Then what if I intend a little bit during that time?.. .
edit on 10-12-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Don't worry about what thoughts appear - it not you who puts them there. You do not think the thoughts, thoughts just happen. Realize that you are the one that hears the thoughts and know they are not personal.

Watch this short video to help you separate yourself from thought:
The quiet that contains the mind
youtu.be...

Find yourself as the silent witness of all that arises. When you know yourself as the peaceful background you will not worry what thoughts (noise) appear.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
There's no such thing as a curse.

That's your problem. Get over your superstitious BS and enjoy freedom again.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I also suffer from OCD and I find what you have proposed to be enormously thought provoking. If you are seeing a pro regarding your illness please do discuss this and share with us as you are comfortable.

I will add that anyone who does not have OCD will have little understanding of what you are saying.

IMO

S&F for bringing this topic up.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Do not fear the repercussions of the curse and you may become free. You will be fine. It may feel uncomfortable at first, but you can get through it if you trust yourself.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Here is a gift for you:
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
There's no such thing as a curse.. .

That's your problem. Get over your superstitious BS and enjoy freedom again.. .

the thing is as long as I fear some repercussions,somestimes I would avoid the things I worried if whether is it cursed,I don;t know it is just that it seems logical to avoid things that you are not sure of,you can say I get philosophically tied by my own OCD.. .

edit on 10-12-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm quite philosophical too, and suffer from "OCD" myself, in fact more appropriately "compulsive thinking" I am also a perfectionist. If something is not done to order, or completed, I can lose the plot lol You could call some of my behavior ritualistic as well.

Unfortunately, I always get an odd look by family and others when discussing philosophy, and metaphysic because I took about it constantly, as it tends to plague my mind a little. Every time I go through a bout of deep thinking, I feel like I have discovered some new perception or something, and have to explain it. People think I am mad, and so do I most of the time lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
@DENBY.. .
Any ideas how to solve this thing?.. .

For the whole(almost) story:.. .
Ok,my problems(which are probably fake) I think can be classified into :Fear of any potential thought,Fear of any potentially misplaced intention and Fear of any potential words.. .

1)Fear of thought.. .
It might be a bit oriental,but I tend to be superstitious?.. .Like avoid saying things for example:"He/She will get a car accident".. .The thing is sometimes I think of if I do X ,will Y happen?.. .And few months ago,there is an intrusive.. .image of someone or me saying yes in my head which make me worry about it,then I go research on my problem,then I thought of last time I read something about Law of Attraction,then I started to worry whether that action would get "cursed" or not,I go to quite a lot of forums but almost no one answer my question %satisfactorily.. . Actually I am worrying about whether would I increase the chance of someone going to hell if I do ::a particular action:: because I am worried about if law of attraction is real is there suhc thing as manifesting a curse or not?.. .,I know it sounds silly,but my OCD coaxed me to investigate further,basically afaik if no "vibrational cooperation" from someone,it won't happen,but then I still not very sure about it.. .
P/S:I am worrying if a particular action will get "cursed" or not because of I worried about it.. .well in LoA,they say you attract what you think.. .

2)Fear of any potentially misplaced intention.. .
Reason I use "something like","maybe",is because I don;t remember properly btw.. .that and maybe I am a bit superstitious so I used them quite often in my last post.. .

Ok,the 2nd one,there is a time I am getting pissed about this whole thing.. .I think I might have thought I rather be the subject other than this other person,although a few times I think my "Mara" try to trick me by trying to convince me to curse myself instead of my friend,I caught "it".. .But after several weeks or about 1 month,I start to suspect whether did I make a "deal" that time,but probably did not happen because I have no memory of it whatsoever.. .Basically what if my intention is unclear and blurry,I don;t know but could the Universe or something misintepret my thoughts or not?.. .Basically fear of hell.. .
P/S:"Mara"=bad thoughts in this case.. .

3)fear of any potential words(that I might have uttered).. .
I don't know but my intrusive thoughts have the likes of" if you do this or that will this happen.. ."and usually I quickly add "or not" in the back and think the sentence"no relation between them".. .Basically talking inside my own brain.. .
But sometimes I might have absent mindedly uttered out the words which make me worry.. .there might be(can't remember if it really happened) one case:"G-d punish me if I do XXX?".. .I think I might have lost some self control and nod and say yes but I quickly perform my "rituals" and forget about it.. .Actually I have bad memory and is quite absentminded in the real life.. .

Thoughts?As you can see I haven't set up my mind in what religion to follow(talking about law of attraction and on the other hand God.. .) although I consider Buddhism among the highest chance to be right.. .
I am the type of person who don;t really care about an event occurring unless it is very scary,the probability of an event happening does not bother me that much,the potential result of any event is my focus,then my superstitious brain became more OCD-ish in the past few months,complicating up stuffs,the thing is according to logic,avoiding dangerous things is a good idea,perhaps I am using too much logic without common sense?.. .Which sounds like trouble if the said person is not stable enough imo.. .

Thnks.. .

Ok,btw this is not exactly the main thing of this thread,this thread is about is it possible to curse something just by thinking about it?Intentionally or not intentionally.. .
edit on 11-12-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join