It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strauss-Kahn Legal Fight Over Alleged Rape Wraps Up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Dominique Strauss-Kahn

Article source.

Her side said she was seeking justice after prosecutors gave up on her sexual assault case. His said she slandered him in a grab for money.

But a hotel housekeeper's lawsuit against former International Monetary Fund leader Dominique Strauss-Kahn may soon end without a jury ever saying who is right.

The maid, Nafissatou Diallo, is expected to be there, but Strauss-Kahn is not, when lawyers for both meet for a key court date at 2 p.m. (1900 GMT) Monday to update a judge on the status of settlement discussions.

He was the former leader of the IMF, and during the last election, a major contender to be the next President of France. All that came to a crashing halt though when he was accused of rape by a cleaning maid in a New York Hotel.

Wiki Link

If memory serves correct, one of the major oddities in the case, was that he was missing his cell phone and called the hotel while at the airport. It was there that he was arrested. Had he been guilty, and knowing that his victim might say something, I find it odd he wouldn't have just jumped on the plane...

But more than that, he was the runner up for the presidency in France. He was the head of the IMF, one of, if not the most powerful organization in the world.

His accuser allegedly lives in a rental property allocated only for HIV sufferers.

Since the allegation of rape in the hotel room, he has been since charged with "pimping" (Article Here). Now, I'm not denying this guy doesn't have a sexual life outside of his professional one that has caused him some problems, or that he is innocent of chasing after women. The "pimping" charges however relate to some sex parties he attended where he claims he didn't know the women were being paid for their services.

Even if they were, and even if he knew, why are they going to hard after him?

Here is a video of his accuser being interviewed on MSM:

If you ask me, judging by her body language and expressions, I say she is lying.

Conclusion: My breakdown of this story is subjective at best. I am not asking people to believe my opinions or agree with them entirely. I am merely posing questions in this case. There are plenty of people out there (powerful people included) who have dangerous sexual habits. But in this case we had one of the most powerful men in the world, possibly a future president. And a woman who may have HIV is embroiled in rape allegations at a hotel with him. When people of this stature are prosecuted for alleged crimes, it makes you wonder because so many in the same position, get away with a lot, a lot gets swept under the rug.

Was she sent there and hired to have sex with him? Did he refuse intercourse and only have oral sex with her? Or was there no interaction at all, but she tried, failed an subsequently accused him of rape?

The fact that the IMF is public enemy number one among the activist crowed, second only to rapists... I find it rather convenient how easy it would be to launch a character assassination against someone like this if they were to fall out of favour with people operating behind the curtain.

What do you think?
edit on 9-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You propose that she's lying.

Many agree with you. I am not among them.

My proposition is that this prosecution was handled per the usual political expedience and public relations trickery as do most when it relates to celebrity elites such as Strauss-Kahn. As a result we can't "know" any truth about the case as the ruling context in which all information was disseminated was "hint he was set up... and point out the lady's low-class adventures in life."

The former president of the IMF has long stood accused of repeated sexual predatory behavior, in multiple countries and to varying degrees of heinousness.

Before any information was extruded into the public discussion, the media arm of the legal firm had contacted all major news outlets and 'released' many characterizations of this immigrant worker... most of them highly repugnant and 'telling' of who was judging her, and why they were doing it. Oddly, those characterizations were fleshed out by the "prosecution."

I'd rather not relive the many discussions that led to my realization that people prefer the habitual offender,. Strauss-Kahn, to be seen as the "victim" of some 'useless eater' who crawled out of the gutter to "set the man up."

I realized that this case would be resolved without American justice as the rule... but instead as "politically-expedient justice" reserved to defend those who travel the circles of the elite....

When anyone with Mr. Strauss-Kahns known and publicly recorded of behavior can claim "set-up" and be believed and defended vigorously by the prosecution ... we know there is another set of rules for people deemed "superior" to the common man....

... had it been a "common man" he would likely now be sitting in a cell thinking about his first parole hearing...

The Banking system has what is in effect is "diplomatic immunity" ... as if they were a "sovereign" country...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

... had it been a "common man" he would likely now be sitting in a cell thinking about his first parole hearing...

Even with what I was proposing in the OP were true, there would be people still on his side coming to his defence, so what you are saying would still apply.

But...

Were he in favour with the "in crowd" why later the additional charges. And why just him? How many others could have also been brought up in additional investigations?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I think your questions are very astute.

I can only offer conjecture and supposition:

His political career plays an element in ideas about means motive and opportunity... the victim had none.

The NY Prosecutor's office took a combative stance from the onset of the allegations, with key media figures focusing on the victim.... yet there was a vast amount of publicly available material regarding the accused's history in matters of this nature. All of it only touched upon after the victim was utterly vilified.

Someone - somewhere - may have 'used' this event for Machiavellian political games ... and the French media soaked it up like Jersey Shore.... that would complicate any investigation - let alone one which deals with a top leader of the most powerful organization on the planet.. the Global Banking Cartel.

Of course this is just my opinion... and perhaps I am wrong; Perhaps some Haitian immigrant plotted her chance to locate and put a top 1%er in the spot light for her own 15 minutes of fame and glory - by managing to get close to one of the most important people in the world who happened to have a history as a sexual predator. And then pretending to be assaulted.

edit on 10-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Here's one of the points I find interesting about the charge:

fwiw, any man that forces another person to put their teeth on something with so many nerve endings has got to be seriously stupid.

Something doesn't sit right about that, it doesn't fit with the profile of people that are like this.

Here is a couple comments about motives:

Strauss-Kahn was on his way to Berlin to talk with Merkel about restructuring Greek debt. The banks have billions at risk and would lose big if they get a serious haircut on Greek debt in their books.

Hmmm ...

Strauss-Kahn is believably claimed to favor debt forgiveness for countries in serious debt trouble. The U.S. administration is not. There are double and triple billions in question if that becomes the trend in the still smoldering crisis. Certainly enough money to make a motive for entrapment and a legal process that follows the word from above.

Here is one on carrying out objectives:

"People familiar with the I.M.F.’s internal workings say that while Mr. Strauss-Kahn has been the public voice from the fund on Greece, internally it has been the fund’s No. 2 executive, John Lipsky, a former U.S. Treasury executive and onetime banker at JP Morgan, who has been overseeing the logistics of the Greek program. As first deputy managing director, Mr. Lipsky may assume Mr. Strauss-Kahn’s responsibilities during the criminal investigation. "
New York Times

Although that doesn't change much the history of DSK and the point you made, that it is clear among a lot of people he has been up to some risky behaviour:

That said, DSK’s penchant for dominating, coercing, and even semi-rape, of any woman about who strikes his fancy, is very well known in F.

It is an open secret, a book even includes aspects about that aspect of his personality, amongst other pol strategy talk (signed by “Cassandre.”) Incidents rather like the ‘NY Sofitel maid’ have taken place many times.

The French are forgiving of this kind of stuff and draw a different line between private/public.

The question I think, is would he had been covered if his views were aligned with the overseers.

www.moonofalabama.org...

Someone being arrested with diplomatic immunity is a little shocking. Not because it shouldn't happen, but because it doesn't happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
And here some more dirt
IMF Investigation Reveals Powerful Investing

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=16601236#pid16601236

new topics

top topics

join