It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if nothing happens on Dec 21st, 2012? Possible mass suicides in France?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
note also that it's implied i'm Paranoid, RLMFAO.[as they have neither basis or ability to make such a diagnosis, and online to boot
]

Yes. Some post only "as if" they ARE diagnosable in order to just confuse others. Its as futile as diagnosing a fictional character from a poorly written fantasy sci fi novel where the main character is completely incomprehensible and where the story is filled with contrived hidden meanings and double talk.

I maintain that people who kill themselves, kill themselves and it has more to do with neurochemistry then a date. 2012 is just an excuse for such people and the media will try to cash in on it.

It's weird because everyday I have to drive to work and try not to die while doing so. Im not sure why I would give this any more thought on any other day. If aliens come down and try to eat me or if I suddenly start evolving, I will just have to deal with it just like everything else that could go wrong with my day.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
Even for people who think 2012 is a consciousness upgrade, which seems to be the less dangerous belief compared to the doom, apocalypse people
I bet if nothing happens and they still have to deal with all the life problems
they will at least suffer minor depression
...or they might get one hell of an upgrade from the proverbial 2012 placebo. It is kind of funny to think about someone waiting for their consciousness to be upgraded on a date...kinda like waiting for the next ipad release date and being disapointed that they ran out.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

My cousin committed suicide this morning. One of his last posts on Facebook was how he hoped Armageddon would come just because he needed a vacation.
I think there will be mass suicides for the exact same reason. People holding out just to see if life really would change.
I hope not. My family is grieving so much right now.... It hurts as if the whole world should be able to feel the soul reaching pain. So, imagine if so many people really do commit suicide just because nothing happens, or because they don't want to witness the end. Maybe the whole world will feel the grief...and maybe that is a whole different picture of "the end".

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

I am truly sorry for you and your family. My deepest condolences on your loss.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ
reply to post by bknapple32

My cousin committed suicide this morning. One of his last posts on Facebook was how he hoped Armageddon would come just because he needed a vacation.
I think there will be mass suicides for the exact same reason. People holding out just to see if life really would change.
I hope not. My family is grieving so much right now.... It hurts as if the whole world should be able to feel the soul reaching pain. So, imagine if so many people really do commit suicide just because nothing happens, or because they don't want to witness the end. Maybe the whole world will feel the grief...and maybe that is a whole different picture of "the end".

I am so, so sorry for you and your Family. I can't even imagine the pain you all must be going through. My heart goes out to you. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to u2u me.

May I ask, was your Cousin depressed for some time? I Pray all the doom talk of end times didn't push him to end his life. I'm so sorry he chose this path...he must have been in terrible pain. Please know it was not your fault in any way.

Des

edit on 11-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Damn it, that really sucks. My deepest condolences.

I think the problem on the one hand is with those who seek a "quick fix" but who are unwilling to embark upon a path of authentic spiritual and psychological growth, and on the other with those who say there's no such thing, which can rob people of the hope for something new and better, either of which lead to the kind of dumbing-down process where ignorance and stupidity lead to ill-conceived "choices" like suicide. Either position is cowardly and rooted in ignorance.

If only more and more we could face our fears, and yes, evolve.

edit on 11-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do appreciate them.
He was depressed. And the last few days unbearably so. I know it isn't my fault...but I saw his posts over the last few days, and even consciously thought about talking to him. Especially because 17 years ago, I was his nanny while living with them. I was depressed at that time, and he kept me from hurting myself. We were so close. It hurts I couldn't return the life saver in time. He ended up shooting himself through the heart.

But that isn't why I made the post. It just made me cringe at the thought of so many other survivors feeling this same pain all at once. It would tear the world a part.

My cat knew before I did. He wouldn't leave me alone, and when I answered my phone, he was licking my hand. He has never done that. And he hasn't left my side.
Even I knew before I knew. I had nightmares the entire night...and dreamt that I was sobbing over the loss of a family member due to suicide. We are so connected, and so unaware. I can't imagine the whole world grieving like this.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

I pray, you find some comfort in knowing your post here, may mean the difference between life and death to someone reading your heartfelt words. I wish I had more to offer you than mere words. One thing I do know is, hindsight can be so cruel...if we let it take over our lives. Please don't let that happen to you. Take comfort from your loving Kitty, and your ATS Family...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Dear....

Des

edit on 11-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Thank you Des. You are one of those natural Lights. Someone others gravitate towards and feel peace. Always remember that light.
I truly feel the next few weeks will be a darkness for too many. The rest of us need to burn a little brighter. Burn a blazing path for those falling to the darkness. Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.
Corny enough, but true for what lies ahead. When we wake up and the bills still have to be paid, and the pile of work didn't disappear over the weekend... There will be a large set of individuals who will not know what to do with themselves..as they were just holding out for the possibility...a twisted sort of hope, that they can start over.
I'm sure everyone has had similar thoughts. "What if... All my debt would be gone." But some are letting those thoughts consume them. A sad darkness that might engulf the masses.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Very good response CeeRZ, your worlds are inspirational
I'm sorry for your cousin

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

CeeRZ, my heart, prayers and love go out to you, your family and the lost soul. The grief of loss, pain, fear and just not knowing can only be known by you and your loved ones.

Why? Maybe it was just the way it was meant to be.....no one can really make sense of these acts of desperation, isolation, fear and lonliness. My prayers, heart and love reach out to you and you loved ones. God Bless You.

Peace and Love!! Those are my warm heartfelt wishes for you and your family,
edit on 11-12-2012 by ItDepends because: sentence restructure

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog

Feltrick: "... I would think the suicides will be from those who thought they would ascend or become gods on the 21st. When they wake up on the 22nd and they're still just human, what will happen then? A huge build up for...nothing. Promises from their New Age guides and gurus are broken and they have to go back to their simple lives...."

It funny your comment and this thread somewhat pertain to a personal experience of mine, when Nancy lieder was really becoming popular my cousin became very caught up in her 2003 end of the world prediction and started ignoring his work, family, and everyday responsibilities to prep. He spent a ridiculous amount of money on some land, 2 bunkers, food, guns, ect and became fixated on this ridicules event heck i'm pretty sure he even donated a good amount of money to Nancy. My family tried to tell him that Nancy was wrong and had no idea what she was talking about but he wouldn't listen and thought we weren't looking out for his best interest.

Once the date got closer he became more agitated and hostile to his wife and kids, when the event didn't happen he was devastated and hasn't been the same mentally.

My cousin's actions still scare me to this day because he had everything going for him and then one day everything just changed.

Yes, I think this will be the more widespread problem than actual suicides.

These "true believers" will feel profound betrayal by their "gurus."

They will no longer trust their own judgment.

Their self-confidence and capacity to believe in ANYTHING will be immeasurably damaged.
edit on 11-12-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
You want to see mass suicides? Wait till everyone has to hang up thier tin foil hats and return to work on the 24th.......Monday. Back to the daily grind...and no hope left.

Excuse me? I take exception to that.

I am a proud wearer of a tin foil hat, but I'm NOT a "2012 Ascension to a New Earth on the 5th Dimension" nutter.

Beware of dissing the "Tin Foil Hat Brigade" here on ATS. We are many.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just when you thought the 12/21/2012 doomsday silliness couldn't get any sillier along comes this...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
Even for people who think 2012 is a consciousness upgrade, which seems to be the less dangerous belief compared to the doom, apocalypse people
I bet if nothing happens and they still have to deal with all the life problems
they will at least suffer minor depression

Yes, I agree.

The most dangerous crowd is obviously the one composed of Doomsday-ers. Probably the most likely to commit suicide and take others with them (like their family members).

The second most dangerous crowd is the one composed of "New Earth"-ers. When they realize they have not ascended to a "New Earth on the 5th Dimension," they may commit suicide in despair.

For those who believe the Dec 21, 2012 alignment brings in a higher frequency energy to the planet, they should have no problem finding ways to convince themselves this is true -- whether it's true or not.

I'm not worried about the "Higher Energy" group -- it's not something that can be proved or disproved.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
Just when you thought the 12/21/2012 doomsday silliness couldn't get any sillier along comes this...

They're joking, right? I watched the video and wasn't sure whether this was a joke or not.
In any case, I'm LOL.

How is the whole "Psy and his Gangnam style" phenom even possible? He doesn't have any talent or good looks.
Oh, wait....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ

Thank you for your words and thoughts. I do appreciate them.
He was depressed. And the last few days unbearably so. I know it isn't my fault...but I saw his posts over the last few days, and even consciously thought about talking to him. Especially because 17 years ago, I was his nanny while living with them. I was depressed at that time, and he kept me from hurting myself. We were so close. It hurts I couldn't return the life saver in time. He ended up shooting himself through the heart.

But that isn't why I made the post. It just made me cringe at the thought of so many other survivors feeling this same pain all at once. It would tear the world a part.

My cat knew before I did. He wouldn't leave me alone, and when I answered my phone, he was licking my hand. He has never done that. And he hasn't left my side.
Even I knew before I knew. I had nightmares the entire night...and dreamt that I was sobbing over the loss of a family member due to suicide. We are so connected, and so unaware. I can't imagine the whole world grieving like this.

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that are adequate for a situation like this.

Suicide causes so much suffering for the survivors.

This is one of the reasons why I take issue with New Age "channel" teachers like Esther Hicks / Abraham who say suicide is okay and there is no karma. It's irresponsible at best.

Suicide affects many people, not just the one who killed himself.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
reply to post by CeeRZ

CeeRZ, my heart, prayers and love go out to you, your family and the lost soul. The grief of loss, pain, fear and just not knowing can only be known by you and your loved ones.

Why? Maybe it was just the way it was meant to be.....no one can really make sense of these acts of desperation, isolation, fear and lonliness. My prayers, heart and love reach out to you and you loved ones. God Bless You.

Peace and Love!! Those are my warm heartfelt wishes for you and your family,
edit on 11-12-2012 by ItDepends because: sentence restructure

I sure love my ATS family. There are so many beautiful people here. So many who make this world a little less vast, and a little more lovely. Thank you all again for your thoughts and love.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thoughts are with you. None of us could know the pain that you are going through or the pain they went through. Always talk it out when in doubt.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

That's heartbreaking and very tragic I send you and your family my deepest condolences. Christmas is supposed to a joyful time for families but I will say I have no doubt you and your family will get through this tough time.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join