It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if nothing happens on Dec 21st, 2012? Possible mass suicides in France?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You want to see mass suicides? Wait till everyone has to hang up thier tin foil hats and return to work on the 24th.......Monday. Back to the daily grind...and no hope left.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by bknapple32

This is coming from people in their 70s and 80s.
Des

This is interesting because I am hearing the same tripe in the UK.

It is called old age and jumping on an end of the world bandwagon is not going to make you go out with your buddies.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
You want to see mass suicides? Wait till everyone has to hang up thier tin foil hats and return to work on the 24th.......Monday. Back to the daily grind...and no hope left.

Hey, I have a theme song for that...

Blue Monday by Fats Domino

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

To be honest I still don't buy into the enlightened notion.
maybe when I see an "enlightened" person solve the energy crisis and cure cancer
then I will be a believer
I believe some people have a better understanding of the universe but I think it's something that can't
be classified into "enlightened" and "non-enlightened"
that is why whenever I see someone claiming they are enlightened my BS meter goes up

you watch the voice? I do too
I hope Nicholas wins

edit on 10-12-2012 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

Ya... it's not that i don't think you can be on a path or what not to a better self .. good for those who want to make themselves better individuals but your telling me they have something on the monk that study their whole lives and such.. naaah... You're misguided at best and my bs meter rings off the chart too.. i try to keep myself in check but i'm only human.

edit: ps i hope Nicolas or terry win.. i like them both.
edit on 10-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Nicholas and Terry...with a leaning toward Terry on my part....

edit on 10-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
A fair few people committed suicide over that crazy Christian dude's prophecies of the end of the world. As such, it wouldn't surprise me if there will be a lot of suicides regarding 2012.

There wouldn't only be suicides on or prior to 21/12/12 due to fear and other things. People will be committing suicide after the date also. The ones who have sunken all of their money into 2012 are the ones i fear for.

You said it. Unfortunately there are some delusional people who have planned to exhaust what little finances they have based on Dec. 21st with no plans extending beyond then. They are sure and hope for the end because they see no future for themselves personally or financially, and will take drastic measures to ensure this date will be the end.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
From what I've been able to gather, the Mayan's "Return of the Fifth Sun" and the "Tree of Life" involves not only the intersection of the rising Solstice with the Galactic Rift (which obscures our view of the galactic center) but also a cyclical relationship of "the Ages" between our sun and the star Sirius, the implication of which is that we are on the very threshold and cusp of a new and longggg golden age, as described here

the great turning point of the ages

relevant Sacred Science

every conception and assumption

our true place in the universe

a paradigm shift of cosmological implications for the human being

realization and recognition will render a crushing blow to all our ignorance, stupidity and thus to the human ego which is the root and source of all fear, discord, and chaos

We fear what we don't know and know we don't know

We fear the loss of ignorance in the light of truth.

In fact, the very question in the title of the OP betrays
should that be portrays?

the time has come to "move up" and enter onto a path of transformation and spiritual growth for the human being

And as for those who end up getting left behind, well we'll simply have no choice but to "leave the dead to bury their dead."

edit on 10-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Yep, your name sure is correct, you sure are a new age man, full of fluffy phrases which, even when put in context, mean zip, zilch, nada, nothing,

just my opinion. Never have been able to suffer f**ls easily, especially those who use fluffy language that might make people go down a path that could lead them to financial and emotional ruin.

Why hate?

Things are changing and will change, and many do operate from a paradigm which isn't the least bit congruent with reality as it really is, which from what I can tell is of the nature of that which is kind-hearted and even humorous, and playful.

I'm happy with my outlook as an eternal optimist, but I also realize that to get anywhere the cynics will simply have to get out of the way, because there's nowhere else to go and nothing to do but to evolve and grow. And if that's too "fluffy" for your taste then so be it, but why hate, what's with that?

edit on 10-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Where have I said hate? That would imply that you mean something to me. I said that I have never been able to suffer f**ls easily. No hate. But yes, your perspective is too flffy for me. The thing is, when we both kick the bucket, neither of us will know anything more than black, dark, nothingness so neither of us will be saying "I told you so"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Hi bknapple,

I was curious as to the 'whys' of mass suicides. In this thread we have conjectured about what may happen if nothing of significance happens such as (acopolyptic, doomsday, ascension, etc.) end of the world scenarios that don't occur and the fear that some people, or groups of people worldwide would choose to tragically end their lives.

As an example:
Solar Temple (1994-97)

From 1994 to 1997, the Order of the Solar Temple's members began a series of mass suicides, which led to roughly 74 deaths. Farewell letters were left by members, stating that they believed their deaths would be an escape from the "hypocrisies and oppression of this world." Added to this they felt they were "moving on to Sirius." Records seized by the Quebec police showed that some members had personally donated over $1 million to the cult's leader, Joseph Di Mambro.

There was also another attempted mass suicide of the remaining members, which was thwarted in the late 1990s. All the suicide/murders and attempts occurred around the dates of the equinoxes and solstices, which likely held some relation to the beliefs of the group.

This last sentence really caught my eye because I think this is exactly the concern many of us have expressed as to what may happen.

Just curious what others on this thread think?

For more information on Mass Suicides and specific incidents in the past you can visit this link:
en.wikipedia.org...

I hope you find this as a helpful information to the thread.

Warm regards

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

To me, the whys are never as important on this topic. Whatever the why, in my opinion, t came from one delusional wacko. So it could be... to escape the physical dimension, they must leave their bodies... or it could be the next level of consciousness is in the mind therefor we must shutdown our bodies in order to put all our energy to the soul...

Does it really matter? Sure I guess, but at the end of the day, like I said, whatever the reason, it is just a group of people being duped by one crazy wanting to take people down with him or her

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Excellent contribution itdepends.. I actually do remember that now and how sad it all was. I do think that this solstice in particular is very dangerous because it's been in the "eye of the storm" for so long now.. people have dedicated their lives to something happening( whether in this one particular moment with a cosmic transition from non existant galactic planes to a easier transition of years but its occurring whether anyone knows it or not..) I do think we will be hearing stories of this exact thing.
edit on 10-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

To me, the whys are never as important on this topic. Whatever the why, in my opinion, t came from one delusional wacko. So it could be... to escape the physical dimension, they must leave their bodies... or it could be the next level of consciousness is in the mind therefor we must shutdown our bodies in order to put all our energy to the soul...

Does it really matter? Sure I guess, but at the end of the day, like I said, whatever the reason, it is just a group of people being duped by one crazy wanting to take people down with him or her

Well I think 'understanding' the "whys" is important too. I only provided the information as a foundation in support of the fact that 'something' like these examples 'could' happen,,,,,,,,,,'should nothing happen"? Do you see my point?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No i completely understand why the why is important. But in all its just trying to get in the mind of a mad man. Hard thing to do and each one is unique. Solving one case wont help you prevent another

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Where have I said hate? That would imply that you mean something to me. I said that I have never been able to suffer f**ls easily. No hate. But yes, your perspective is too flffy for me. The thing is, when we both kick the bucket, neither of us will know anything more than black, dark, nothingness so neither of us will be saying "I told you so"

Two things - what is this word, f**ls? and in your last sentence, are you not making a rather large assumption about the condition of one's immortal soul? What if there is no nothing or nothing that "is not"? Maybe it's more meaningful and significant the entire spectrum of all being and becoming than you yourself presume, is that at least possible?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes, thank you, that was exactly my point. Especially honing in "All the suicide/murders and attempts occurred around the dates of the equinoxes and solstices, which likely held some relation to the beliefs of the group.", because the 21st represents a significant meaning to some people and 'groups' due to the fact that December 21 is the winter solstice, and in 2012 the Sun on the solstice will be almost perfectly aligned with the plane of the galaxy (the Milky Way galaxy).

This alignment could be used as sign or a reason for someone or a group of followers to follow some master plan that their lives should ascend or 'end'.

Just trying to contribute to the thread and its' question of what 'might' happen.

Warm regards

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I gotcha. lol. I was just making an effort to show what history has taught us about what 'could' Happen, should nothing happen.

I agree, we are not going to be able to stop these mad-men who are leading these groups and each will have their 'own' reasons for such a tragedy.
edit on 10-12-2012 by ItDepends because: sentence restructure

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Even for people who think 2012 is a consciousness upgrade, which seems to be the less dangerous belief compared to the doom, apocalypse people
I bet if nothing happens and they still have to deal with all the life problems
they will at least suffer minor depression

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by quietlearner

I absolutely agree esp the 2 posters in here who gave personal testimonies either about themselves or a loved one who's already been through it and testified to that fact and that they were not the same person at all... it can have major consequences to someone's psyche.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by quietlearner

Exactly my sentiments too, quietlearner. There are those out there who believe that some type of 'special' spiritual enlightenment will happen on the 21st. Now that's not to say that some people may just be very spiritual and may in fact feel enlightented, and that is wonderful. But to your point, I fear that many are 'expecting' something of a greater dimension transition, ascension, conversion to happen, and when it does not, they may feel a deep let down, depression, dread or even a trigger to do something harmful to themselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

And the worse part is that they will try to spread their world as much as they can
their reasoning is that it is a "message of hope"
they feel better because unlike the doomsday believers, their message is not of death but
a promise of a better life
the problem is that if it doesn't happen you are left with a seriously disappointed crowd

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join