It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Zombie Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So, I recently read a thread about how 2012 has become a prostitute that ATS has passed around like a dirty piece of meat, but not before having their way with it. I wasn't aware that everyone had to have a go, so I suppose It's only fair I have my go before we let the very sore and aching 2012 forum rest in piece.

Anyway, so I want to look at why the mayans had a sudden and catastrophic collapse to their civilization. We could follow the main THEORY, that of the increase in natural droughts, caused by over deforestation converted into croplands which reduced evapotranspiration and thus overall rainfall. Come on though that's just way to boring of a theory.

I want to look at another theory. Mayan Zombie Apocalypse.

At the height of the Mayan civilization (250-900AD), the Mayan empire was a successful, densely populated and reasonably advanced society for that period in time. However just after this period the cities suddenly started to depopulate leading to a total collapse of the Mayan society shortly after.

The lack of buried human remains leads to questions. Remains and bones Left lying in and around Mayan Cities show signs of brutal bite marks and evidence of trauma characteristic of joints torn violently apart.

Reports of mass cannibalism towards the end of the Mayan civilization, tell of a more harrowing story than that of a drought, surely? Would dehydration lead to such madness?

What of other substances? We've all seen the infamous cannibal on bath salts, which contained MDPV, a hallucinogenic. Did the mayans have access to something similar? Well infact they did. They had access to Magic Mushrooms, containing Psilocybin, another hallucinogen which they named aptly, "The Flesh Of The Gods."

These mushrooms were used in ceremonial rights and such by the Mayan priests, now there's no evidence of the Mayan people using them, but who knows? Maybe the use became more widespread and addiction became a problem. This seems far fetched to me though although not impossible.

The fact that all those who died were left to rest where they fell doesn't sit right, especially with a society so attached to rituals and tradition. Evidence has been found showing entire villages were eradicated in days, even evidence of children eating their parents. If that doesn't shout zombies I don't know what does.

Maybe they witnessed and were the victims of a horrific virus, that turned them into rabid and raged entities. Zombie like but not undead zombie per se. We fear similar viruses getting out into the world from experimental labs in this day and age, and with such a connected and small world in which we live today, such an outbreak wouldn't just wipe out half of South America but most of the inhabited world.

The time of the 13 B'AK'TUN is almost apon us and the Mayan elders have predicted, "The Return Of The Ancestors." Now doesn't that sound suspect if we take it literally?

Anyway, I've had my turn with 2012. Who's next?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a zombie is a re-animated dead corpse

it is an impossibility

even space viruses can't cause it

just so we're clear on that

lol

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Should this really be in the 2012 forum? Like, you only mention 2012 a couple of times, instead choosing to focus entirely on the Mayans and their downfall.

I thought your theory made some sense. There are other drugs found in plants down there which are perhaps some of the worst mankind has ever experienced...dangerous crap. I can't remember what it's called, but it makes people lose their # real bad. Found in South America...

Anyway, i don't think everything should be taken literal, and a lot of statements from the Mayans have been misinterpreted.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

it is an impossibility

lol

Definitions can change over time.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I thought your theory made some sense. There are other drugs found in plants down there which are perhaps some of the worst mankind has ever experienced...dangerous crap. I can't remember what it's called, but it makes people lose their # real bad. Found in South America...

I think you may be referring to Ayahuasca.... it is very potent stuff apparently

more info in this link

Ayahuasca

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

it is an impossibility

lol

What If it's spiritual animation of a dead corpse? That isn't impossible, I suppose you have to believe in those sort of things though. The Mayan did, they called the underworld the xibalba
edit on 9-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

What of other substances? We've all seen the infamous cannibal on bath salts, which contained MDPV, a hallucinogenic.

The so called "Florida Cannibal" was not found to have anything like that in his system. MSM trick, if you want people to believe something, just say it over and over, by the time you retract it, no one pays attention.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

I think you may be referring to Ayahuasca.... it is very potent stuff apparently

more info in this link

Ayahuasca

Nah, it's not that, but thanks for the info.

I just remembered, the drug i was thinking of is Scopolamine:

Scopolamine can be blown in the face of a passer-by on the street, and within minutes, that person is under the drug’s effect - scopolamine is odourless and tasteless. ‘You can guide them wherever you want,’ he explained. ‘It’s like they’re a child.’ Black said that one gram of Scopolamine is similar to a gram of coc aine, but later called it ‘worse than anthrax.’ In high doses, it is lethal.

The drug, he said, turns people into complete zombies and blocks memories from forming. So even after the drug wears off, victims have no recollection as to what happened.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 9-12-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ok so the cannibal didn't have the substance in his system, I hadn't heard of the retraction by the MSM so I apologise. It doesn't take anything away though, from the fact that the salts do contain the substance.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think you might have something, drugs were a part of Mayan rituals and medical healing. So it might be the case that they had a bad trip.
Mayan used a spirit drug called '___' which is a alcaloid found in everything organic nature.

The psychological effects of psychoactive drugs can be profoundly unsettling. These experiences can result in changes about the nature of reality that bring about panic and anxiety

When taking most psychedelics, users know that the hallucinations are, in fact, unreal as they blend with the user's sense impressions. This certainty does not necessarily exist with '___'-related hallucinations. In conjunction with the dissociative effect of '___', users may feel that they are in a different world, or in a reality that is more vivid and compelling than dreams or waking awareness

'___' as it also found in us naturally is a drug which metabolizes very quickly so it cannot been found in any drug tests.. Florida cannibalism..

Two youtube videos about this drug Mayans also used

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by boncho

Ok so the cannibal didn't have the substance in his system, I hadn't heard of the retraction by the MSM so I apologise. It doesn't take anything away though, from the fact that the salts do contain the substance.

A simple Google of "Florida Cannibal" will link you to clarifications in the first few links. But that is besides the point. What you said in your reply is also not true, but I will not go into it because I do not wish to violate t&c's.

As far as the Mayans 'vanishing'...

Burial practices of the Maya changed over the course of time. In the late Preclassic period, people were buried in a flexed position, later the dead were laid to rest in an extended position. In the late Classic period, the elite constructed vaulted tombs, and some rulers ordered the construction of large burial complexes. In the Postclassic period, cremation became more common.
[edit]

en.wikipedia.org...

three geologists taking "core" samples from a lake bottom in the Yucatan area of Mexico, found a white colored band which indicated a time of extremely low moisture.

Fortunately, within the white band, a seed was found. This seed was sent to be "dated". Its date showed it was 1,200 years old; the 9th century AD; the exact time when millions of Mayans disappeared, and their construction stopped. What happened to the Mayans? The answer seems to be that a prolonged draught resulted in no drinking water, nor water for plants and animals. Millions of them died of thirst and hunger.

Their majestic culture, along with the building of further great pyramids stopped. The Spanish explorers and colonists did not cause the destruction of the Mayan kingdom. It had virtually collapsed some 600 years before Columbus arrived.

mayanarchaeology.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have been having my go with the Cosmic Metamorphosis for a while lol and if you can not see that it is a process and the date of the star gates opening happen to synchronize with the Dec 21 2012 date then you have missed the information and the codes with in it.

I have shared a few posts regarding this information on several other threads here in the last couple days so i will not share in this thread as not to overload your forum with data that only a few are able to comprehend .

Have a nice day

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

As I stated the drought has not been proven, It's only a theory regardless. But yes I believe this probably was the situation, but I am looking for other possibilities that may explain the sudden fall of the Mayan civilization.

Are you rooted to the idea of drought, or do you have any other opinions which you would like to explore?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

At the height of the Mayan civilization (250-900AD), the Mayan empire was a successful, densely populated and reasonably advanced society for that period in time. However just after this period the cities suddenly started to depopulate leading to a total collapse of the Mayan society shortly after.

The lack of buried human remains leads to questions.

The time of the 13 B'AK'TUN is almost apon us and the Mayan elders have predicted, "The Return Of The Ancestors." Now doesn't that sound suspect if we take it literally?

I'd rather think they are their own ancestors in the quote. Maybe, just maybe, they disappeared in a time anomaly, and they will return to our time in 2012. Thousands of them, like time refugees from 900ad.

That would make a much better story than zombies. They've been done to death (no pun intended), you need to be able to relate to zombies in the first place, a reanimated primitive culture that none of us can relate to has no emotional draw.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I suppose that would make for interesting news.

Although I disagree that zombies have been done to death just yet, I've yet to see one in real life. Actually I suppose that's questionable, I've come across some peculiar people.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

more info in this link

Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca has the same potential to create zombies as water does.

It is a religious tool to see what we normally cannot. It does not make you eat people.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

Although I disagree that zombies have been done to death just yet, I've yet to see one in real life.

George Romero would disagree with you.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

it is an impossibility

lol

in all time and space.. in all knowledge of everything .. evvverything biological and possible.. "it's impossible" ...

nice mapping of all possibilities there.

all possibilities are available in science..

ALL

saying somethings "impossible" is like saying "i am completely ignorant to the possibilities of all scientific outcome yet i hold superstitious beliefs based on my current understanding of science in this present specific time, that nothing else can be discovered in the world of science in the future"

zombies will be a reality. because of science.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

As I stated the drought has not been proven, It's only a theory regardless. But yes I believe this probably was the situation, but I am looking for other possibilities that may explain the sudden fall of the Mayan civilization.

Are you rooted to the idea of drought, or do you have any other opinions which you would like to explore?

Yes, theories with supporting evidence. Archaeologists are the first to admit that the Mayan collapse is no explained completely, to a point that satisfies the entirety of the academia world. However, that is not to say that your interpretation of the civilization just up and vanishing is correct, or even close to reality.

Ecological hypotheses include environmental disaster, epidemic disease, and climate change. There is evidence that the Maya population exceeded the carrying capacity of the environment including exhaustion of agricultural potential and overhunting of megafauna.[15]

Some scholars have recently theorized that an intense 200 year drought led to the collapse of Maya civilization.[16] The drought theory originated from research performed by physical scientists studying lake beds,[17] ancient pollen, and other data, not from the archaeological community. Newer research from 2011, with use of high-resolution climate models and new reconstructions of past landscapes, suggests that converting much of their forest land into cropland may have led to reduced evapotranspiration and thus rainfall, magnifying natural drought.

[18] A study published in Science in 2012 found that modest rainfall reductions, amounting to only 25 to 40 percent in annual rainfall, may have been the tipping point to the Maya collapse. Based on samples of lake and cave sediments in the areas surrounding major Maya cities, the researchers were able to determine the amount of annual rainfall in the region. The mild droughts that took place between AD 800-950 were enough to rapidly reduce open water availability

en.wikipedia.org...

Personally I think the famine, malnourishment and disease angle is probably the most likely.

news.discovery.com...

It doesn't help that the Spaniards destroyed most of the history left behind by them when they conquered the land upon their arrival.

But considering the lack of written history to support the current theories, the albeit limited scientific evidence does a good job.

To note, in relative modern times, the world saw between 20-45 million Chinese deaths. Source. And that is in our, or our parents lifetime. Now, should we try and explain the Great Chinese Family and the disappearance of millions of Chinese with the explanation of a Zombies Apocalypse...? Well, luckily we don't have to, the oral and written history is still intact.

edit on 9-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

more info in this link

Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca has the same potential to create zombies as water does.

It is a religious tool to see what we normally cannot. It does not make you eat people.

I never said it has "the potential to create zombies" but since you bring it up it is in fact a hallucinogenic therefore has the potential to make a user attempt to eat someone depending on how it affected them, i only brought it up as someone mentioned other south american substances that make people "lose their # real bad"

i think Ayahuasca fits that description....

i posted relevant information to the discussion

but thank you for pointing out water doesn't create zombies i can sleep easier now i have that nugget of wisdom

edit on 9-12-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2012 by Ph03n1x because: broken hand (typo)

top topics

join