It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vast Majority Want Our Nation and Freedoms Back—What’s The Real Obstacle?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hopefully, everyone of conscience and even minimal intellect is well aware that this nation is not only headed in the wrong direction, but it is a deadly and highly dangerous path. Real world numbers, although I would have to research deeply to prove, would most likely show that 90% plus of the nation actually is smart enough to know and therefore fully aware that the US political system is highly dysfunctional and in need of extensive overhaul.

The standard argument is that THTB are simply too strong, too well funded, too wealthy, and already in such high authoritative positions of power they could never be contained. In asserting a certain degree of common sense to the reality of the situation, this seems a fallible assumption. As far as I see, even if 99% actually and sincerely voted for President Obama and believes he is the only man for the job, the remaining premise that the system is irreversibly broken continues to be undeniable.

What is the real reason the hundreds of millions of people in this country cannot effect the change needed to preserve or reinstate the rights, freedoms, and future we should have a sovereign right to? Personally, I don’t know which theory is most likely or realistic. Can you guys explain the most likely reason you believe we may never gain our rightful control of our lives? Maybe your opinion on the situation if you see it differently?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Jihad and Sharia is the real trouble to your freedom.

Religion of peace

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
90% plus of the nation actually is smart enough to know and therefore fully aware that the US political system is highly dysfunctional and in need of extensive overhaul.

The problem is that this same 90 percent are dumb enough to keep electing the exact same politicians who failed in the first place.
Seriously, there are many many "career" politicians who should have been rejected by the public years ago.

But no, the public are dumb enough to fall for the exact same "Red vs Blue and no other option" scam.

If the public were really smart they'd say "this elected representative has not represented me very well at all, lets try somebody else".

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Bread and circuses.

The Federal government can't respond to the needs of the people because federal law is a one-size-fits-all construction. Instead we get some kind of theater that gets all the attention.

Change is local. Most people can't name their representative or senator in the state congress, much less contacted them to give them a piece of their mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I seriously believe people should elect a baboon for congress or the senate. I was devastated when Morris the Cat lost the Presidential bid in '88, but Morris was up against the whole "Kinder, Gentler Nation" and it was rumoured he just murdered a family of Mus Musculus.

I really, truly believe a few baboons in office would make a positive change within government though. For one, the IQ on Capital Hill would increase, and two, the current position holders would see they have competition.
edit on 9-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

People are dumb. Don't blame them.

It's a reward based system we live in. People that speak of politics get a big frown but the people that follow the latest reality show get rewarded with attention.

Being dumb is cool. Watching TV is cool.

Lets find a way to make money off these idiots =P

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Government.

And people.

People are at fault because we keep electing politicians from the 2-headed 1-Party system. These people will not change anything. From citizen assassinations to indefinite imprisonment to torture, they are here to guarantee the status quo and expand the police state.

Why?

Because they fear us.

One man wanted to give power BACK to the people.

edit on 9-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm shying away from topics like this since the election because it's fair to say we don't all see the nation out of control. Just a hair over half the nation chose to maintain the recent norm and extend it in all but the House for another few years at least.....so it's hard to necessarily agree on the starting point, IMO.

Having said that, I think we are losing everything we've had and world wide, losing strong economies and nations for the same reasons. There was a movement and a very deep and powerful one started in 1913 and that general time frame. It wasn't isolated to the United States.....and I'd suggest the U.S. wasn't even the primary focus. Even then.

In my view, 1918 saw the start of the experiment in Russia and 1944/45 saw the start of it for China. One has utterly failed....the other is morphing to survive and may yet work. Hard to say with the Chinese. Maybe they can. Anyway.... It's clear the U.S. will be put to the same experiment whether we like it, want it or not. So...I suppose, we may as well accept and start planning how we all get through it.

I'd love the whole concept of resisting something....but when you can't even get a few Americans to agree on what the problem is? Realism steps in to say resistance may not be futile, but it sure isn't likely to form up either. Not while I'd be young enough for it to still matter, anyway.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The government is basically a club now. They have the ability to monitor our lives daily: with taxes, anything electronic can be traced back to where you bought it in local time( credit cards), inet companies selling users cookies (which show what you look up), facebook is basically a large encyclopedia of people willingly putting all of their information and what they are doing daily, almost hourly for some. Drones now can zap you from up above, from someone controlling it in a computer chair in their house.

Anything electrical can and most likely will be rigged in favor of the club's best interest. Which leads to corrupt elections. Look at the John Kerry/Bush election. What are the odds that both candidates went to the same college, and were both in the same frat? They are all on the same side; once you are in the government, you are in. There is no democrat, repub, etc. They all want the same agenda, to stay at the top and stay wealthy. They assign their friends jobs and use our tax dollars for their own leisure. Almost all of them are corrupt and dirty. They have purposely made loopholes around rules that should be stopped but how come? Because no one in the government actually wants it to be clean. That would mean they would not live as well as they currently are.

The only way for change is to overwhelm in numbers. People are a threat in numbers and united, which is what they do not want. They want us divided and separate and push media that do this exact thing. They purposely broadcast events that will spark and divide the people from being united. We will be too busy arguing with one another rather than focusing on the government being messed up. They absurdly try to take away guns, which is what America was made off of. If someone wants to kill someone they will with or without a gun. A gun is for self defense, or in a drastic case, a militia. If they take away guns that means they take away the chance of a militia. The Constitution is constantly being challenged by the bills they try to force feed us.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The answer to this is simple.

There is no one to truly lead them.

Everyone want's change (well a lot) So they get all
excited and turn into south park rabble rabble rabble
the took our job's...rabble rabble...

but then it fades away...

without a organized group to lead the way, laying out the
specifics of what to do, and how to do it, its just not going
to happen.
Everyone knows they can cause change, people are begging
for it. But most are lost as to what to do.

If one was to get change, they would have to organize a group
lay out the format,and advertise, get followers and build up
for the next election.
Step by step explain to the mass population cause and effect
and what is expected of them.
not a generalized "we're gona win this election"
but "step one" register to vote
Step 2 See our list of candidates that support
the following causes and effects.
List out in detail every day/week what the goals are
and why they are important.

without a group leading them, nothing is going to happen.

It would take a LOT of work, on the part of the group,
but if you rallie enough and show them what is now and what
could be, it is possible.

I hear tell Jessie Ventura may be running for pres next term,
although sadly i dont think there is a chance in hadies he would
get in office even if he got the majority vote, he would shake
things up enough in the process to wake people up.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The real problem is people still believe in the political system, that their vote counts and can make a difference. The real powers hedge their bets by funding both candidates in an election negating everyones votes.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Put me in power.
I'll fix things. Trust me

Everyone over 16 gets a living wage whether they work or not.
If there's aliens, no more secrets about it.
The homeless will have homes, healthcare, education and medical care, as well as everyone else.
There are too many empty houses owned by banks sitting up for sale that could be occupied by families in need.
Politics will no longer be a path to power, wealth and influence, but a position of responsibility where politicians must live in similar conditions to the worst off of their constituents. If there's hungry homeless people in their district, the politician is sleeping in a tent and missing meals until they fix it.

Super rich people don't get perks for donating to politicians but by employing the unemployed, building housing developments, planting public garden parks, sponsoring medical care, feeding, caring for, and helping those unable to care for and help themselves.
You can still get rich in private business, but, you'll be helping your local community and treating your employees like human beings while at it.

Me, for world domination; for a better happier, less stepped on and abused planet with happier, healtier, better educated people

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

well you would have my vote.

you forgot the part about the us keeping out
nose out of every country on the planet though *g*

Fix our own first, then worry about everyone else

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

My plan is for WORLD domination.
We're all one people currently all stuck on one little rock.
It's not about any one nation-state being better than any other.
It's about leveling the playing field the whole world over.

No more bullies, well, except for me when people don't play nice, and then people get shifted around the globe to cultural environs where they got no gang for backup and the cultural climate is such they'll learn some manners through example and cultural assimilation.

Foaming at the mouth jihadist? Ah, well, small town Alaska, or Minnesota might do for a change.
Intolerant Christian Bigot? Some time with a Maori ancestry village in NZ might loosen the collar.
Uneducated violent street thug? A job caring for a small pod of dolphins at a marine park in Tahiti might trade some street grit for sand, salt, and the intelligent companionship of dolphins with mellowing effect.

It's a Machiavellian principle in moving people around into foreign climes to upset their innate territoriality in forcing them to acclimate and assimilate into foreign environs thus also instilling levels of tolerance that can't be fostered at home origin where there's ingrained attitudes that precipitate antisocial behavioral adaptations in opposition to anything foreign or a perceived threat to what they see as "home".
Split the unruly elements up and scatter them to places they can learn to be better happier people.
You are who you hang out with, and by degrees, people are inherently affected and influenced by their environs and the people they have to associate with.
Prisons don't work because you throw a bunch of no-goods in with more no-goods so everyone only gets worse.
Of course certain crimes would require some punishments requiring isolation, or even death, but, that's getting into particulars.

Religious freedom for everyone, sure, but, religious tolerance and acceptance would be necessary and mandatory as well as dissolving all legal systems based on religious doctrine of any doctrine in favor of a more rational system based on equality and the sovereignty of individual person-hood rights to do with themselves whatever they will in body, philosophy, security, employ, health, entertainment, thought and education so long as such does not impinge on the same of any other person.
In other words, anyone could live like a monk, or party like the devil to any level of excess or conservation so long as their choices effect no one else in their own pursuits.

Granted, there'd be some touchy bits regarding relationships gone bad, people acting badly, personal property, creepers, mentally ill, socially maladjusted, invasion of privacy, contested abortion choices, divorce, cheating spouses, business agreements, and any sort of activity or pursuit that involves any term of mutually agreed compliance, but, that's what laws are for; mediating disputes between parties and sorting out the sorts that prove resistant to mutually arranged and contractually agreed sorting.

... and what started out as a bit of jive silliness has gotten my imagination running away with it.
Ah, babble babble. How to fix the planet?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Sounds like a great plan.
Sadly it would work, and the world would be a much
better place in a few generations.

But everyone is to stuck in their belief's that no one
would go for it.
Its ashame the world is as it is... could be so much
better.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I believe that the whole system has been compromised and any form of voting is for entertainment purposes only. "We the people", will never be allowed to effect any kind of change simply because so many actually believe that they are a part of the system. The fact of the matter is, we are a part of the system if and when we come together above the division lain upon us by the true rulers of the world.

Such an attempt to regroup the people to realize their true power as one voice has been initiated and has been well thought out and masterfully done. If you listen to the words in this video, in it;s entirety, you will realize the potential of this move. Stop wasting your time trying change things the conventional way which has been hijacked and controlled by the usurpers.[yvid]

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sorry, I seem to be having a problem embedding the video. Hopefully, this will get us there.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the 2 party system is the real obstacle, and campaign finance

as long as we have 2 sides on a corporate payroll fighting for what is best for their party and getting re-elected rather than what is best for the country is doesn't matter which party is in control, we're screwed

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The real obstacle? I can tell you what that is...not many are actually willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears to take the nation back.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'd like to know what smart people voted for Nancy Pelosi
She's as smart as a bag of rocks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join