It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dhs raided my store

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

lol Because they didn't get caught , you shouldn't either?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not that I agree with the ops actions but why dont they go after ebay as hundreds if not more are blatently selling at anytime and ebay takes a cut of all transactions.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

It is for the same reason that they do not go after the owner of the flea market space. It is the individual seller who is responsible for what they sell. Ebay's percentage cut is much akin to the rent the space owner collects from a seller at a flea market. Ebay is very much an online version of a brick and mortar flea market in many ways.

Individual sellers on Ebay can and do get arrested and/or fined for trademark infringement on occasion although it can be more tricky because of jurisdiction and geographical variants.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Caveat emptor

Caveat venditor

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur
Not that I agree with the ops actions but why dont they go after ebay as hundreds if not more are blatently selling at anytime and ebay takes a cut of all transactions.

one of the 1st things they asked me was did i sell on ebay..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
[snip]
edit on 11-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You had to know this would happen to you eventually. My wife also has a store at a flea market. Everyone knows they walk the isles looking for fake items all the time. Your lucky you made it a week selling fake jerseys, you wouldn't have here.

I agree it sucks for the little man just trying to make a buck but rules are rules you know. It even states in the flea market policy here selling fake items will not be allowed.

As far as the items from marshalls, they only took those because they could have been fake. If you had receipts in your booth for those items I doubt they would have taken them.

I hate to hear it though, I know how hard it can be to build up an inventory. To have it all taken away must suck...

Strict

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stopbeingnaive

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by stopbeingnaive

Originally posted by phroziac
I love how people defend the DHS here. Uhm, this isn't their job. They need a search warrant to do what they did. The OP's GOD GIVEN INALIENABLE RIGHTS were VIOLATED.

You don't need a search warrant if it's being sold right out in the open. Stop spreading bad info on matters you don't have a clue about.

Everything they stole from him was out in the open, right? Dumb #

He never said they didn't have a warrant, but have you ever heard of probable cause? Stick to things you're good at like whining how you can't get a girlfriend.

they didnt have a warrant.. but since they did it without one im guessin they didnt need one lol..

my point in this thread was really to bi--- about intellectual property

because i thought of it you cant use it without payin me.

if i can make it and sell it cheaper and people are willing to buy it knowing i made it

then nike better lower there prices or stop frikin cryin.. its called business dog eat dog and all

but in america the rich just get richer

thats why you can get em in china cause there like wtf is intelluctual property?
if i see you have one ill just make my own lol
edit on 11-12-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

stop winging. You shouldn't be selling conterfeit goods, simple as that.

two bit back yard stall at some flea market isn't a shop, it is a stall.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I can understand them saying that selling these knock-offs was a crime, if they had copyrighted logos, etc., on them. However, I don't understand why it would be DHS doing this. Customs, maybe, or whatever police would be in charge of that, but DHS? What do fake jerseys have to do with national security?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by AutomaticSlim
reply to post by goou111

You stated that the person can buy the fake from China Legally. However, that isn't entirely true, it may be legal to buy it in China, but it's not legal to bring counterfeited goods into the USA.

I would simply ask you this: If it were your company or product, how would you react when you found out that your were losing money because someone was selling knock offs of your product and not paying you a single cent for it?
What if the losses due to counterfeits caused you to have to lay off employees who really needed the job to support their family?

If that doesn't bother you, then my argument doesn't work for you.
edit on 9-12-2012 by AutomaticSlim because: typo

i would want them to stop the product at customs. and thats what i would pay them to do. i would not pay them to go to flea markets and screw with an average american just tryin to make an honest buck

they could stop it at customs and put and end to it all that easy but they dont... why?

Do you have any idea how many people it would take to open and check every box at customs? Think about it, ebay alone would take an army. Then you have Amazon and all the orders from websites. It would take an army to do this. Plus then you will need people that can check to see it its genuine or not and some of this fake stuff is dead on cause its made in the same factory as the real. Then you need to have people that will either asign a value so it can be taxed or confiscate it. The logistics of opening and checking every box from china are just staggering.

again they have shut it down at customs... if they can do it for a couple weeks during the superbowl
they can do it longer

and if they did it for say a year no one would buy the fakes cause they would get tired of losing there products

Shutting it down and checking every box are two entirely different things.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

P.S. I can see that to you making an "honest buck" appears to include selling counterfeited goods.
If you would like to call this a victimless crime, then you may have an argument which could possibly be supported.

edit on 9-12-2012 by AutomaticSlim because: added info

edit on 9-12-2012 by AutomaticSlim because: (no reason given)

i feel it is a victimless crime

I also feel if you can make these for a couple bucks and the put 200$ price tags on it you are asking to get knockedoff

now if these shoe and jersey and purse companies would charge just say 50$ for the damm jersey that cost 2$
they would stomp out the fakes cause everyone would just buy the real ones

how much of a % markup do they need?

Businesses usually, not always, but usually price their goods and services at a point that the market can bear. I would also add: Greed comes in many shapes and sizes.

My personal feeling is that I think those agents should have just left you alone, however, at what point do the agents decide that it's just a person trying to make a buck (not intentionally trying to hurt anyone) and a criminal conspiracy of counterfeit goods? Where do they draw the line on who to bust and who to ignore (if anyone?) Unfortunately, having a zero tolerance, letter of the law position is the most fair and also the most harsh. Though, we know true fairness does not exist in law enforcement because it's ultimately up to human beings who are not always perfect, logical or rational.
edit on 12-12-2012 by AutomaticSlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by goou111

stop winging. You shouldn't be selling conterfeit goods, simple as that.

two bit back yard stall at some flea market isn't a shop, it is a stall.

My grandfather use to say if you dont know what your talking about.. shutup

because you make yourself look stupid

there are stores at flea markets all over the country that have been there for years.
and when you walk in to them it looks like any store you might see at the mall. or any corner strip

as a matter of fact most of the people you see with stores had or still have one at a dang flea market somewhere
edit on 12-12-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

lol Yea. He's the one that looks stupid in this thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
*** Announcement ***

Since all you want to do is argue and call each other names

and the fact that this discussion has gone no where.

Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join