It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

orange flashes in high altitude flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
hi everyone,

I'm probably gonna piss off a few of you guys given the lack of meet in this post, but since this stuff happened it has been resurfacing now and then and I was just curious to find out if someone here would have an insight.
I figured I would submit this event to you guys in hope someone could help me find a simple explanation. To be honest I already know it will forever stay in the "there could be 200 reasons for this" box but here we go:

In march 2011 I was coming back from a professional trip in China. I had been sourcing manufacturers around Shanghai and Beijing and was happy to come home (Frabce) after one week of hard work.
I have always been into "UFO's" and never miss an occasion to keep an eye out. It was deep into the night and I had just eaten and started looking through the window of the big Airbus. I had my face flat against the cold plastic for maybe 40 mn and was starting to get really tired and was about to give-up, when in the middle of the dark clear sky a very bright orange light flashed in the distance. Before I could analyse the origin of the light a second flash happened (probably 2 or 3 seconds later). I kept looking, not thrilled or scared or anything, jst a bit like "wooooot?" and a third big orange flash lit-up in the distance in the same area about 10 seconds later.

This is the deal... I was really tired and I can not be sure the three flashes were coming from the exact same place. I have no clue of the distance even though it seemed really far.
It was about 30° up from my horizon. I would guess we were flighing quite high given the type of long distance flight. I remember thinkin "#. That came from space."
I can't even give a close location (even though I don't think this would change anything). It was between Beijng and Paris that's for sure ;p

It's just the kind of experience that falls into the twilight zone. It's not really "totally insain", but it's not totally normal either.
I've had a few of them in my life related to strange sightings in the sky but damn, I want a more convincing proof. All I got so far is mystical dust.

BTW I have seen a few Iridium flares and that clearly wasn't one. It was to fast and "precise".

Anyway there's no chance a logical mind can accept the fact that we're the only ones swimming in this primordial soup that is the universe right?!

Hope you all are well

Best regards,

Logi_ciel.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Logiciel because: specification of mode of transport

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel
"there could be 200 reasons for this"

Anyway there's no chance a logical mind can accept the fact that we're the only ones swimming in this primordial soup that is the universe right?!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm just saying it was exciting... don't feel I need to try to proove anything to anyone

And the conclusion was just my personal conviction.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you were in china, at night my money is on fireworks/firecrackers. It seems like the logical solution to your predicament to me. I mean, from the altitude of a commercial flight a fire work may not even be visible like we see from the ground. Considering you saw three orange flashes in roughly the same area, it would be my first guess. China is a fireworks super producer/consumer.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Whoa RED FLAG #2! in 10 minutes!

RED FLAG #1

I made a thread on GLP on November 8, 2012 about the same type of lights!

My thread i made in GLP: Possibly saw UFO: 4 orange-ish lights turning off and on.

Here is the video of similar lights from the thread:

It's possible all the ufo's are 'human-made'. Right? Although, i don't believe that to be the case.
edit on 12-7-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Hijinx, even though your theory falls into the logical, I doubt this was firecracker. Pro firecrackers go up to 1000 feet high. A long distance comercial flight would be around 30 000 feet... what I saw was about 30° higher than my horizon. Meaning the big black sky up there... Also, fireworks rarely come by 3

Best

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

For someone not trying to prove anything to anyone, you seem to be trying to prove it to everyone.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Nevermind then...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

To be honest I already know it will forever stay in the "there could be 200 reasons for this" box but here we go:

Yes, I think this is probably where it will forever stay. No fault of your own or anything, but there just isn't really enough information to go on in order to narrow the possibilities down sufficiently. Keep looking up though, you never know what you might see or when you might see it.

new topics

top topics

join