It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinner at the White House is an expensive proposition!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I couldn't help but share this. It blows me away! Take a look at these numbers and try and imagine what this ought to buy for dinner!

The October 2009 Indian dinner cost $487,168.86 or $1,485 per person, according to the invoices. The May 2010 Mexican dinner price tag was $969,793.92 and was attended by 200 people at a cost of $4,770 each.

The Washington Examiner first reported on Oct. 25, 2012, that White House spending on state dinners has skyrocketed under Obama.

Both invoices are simply titled "Bill for Collection" and seek State Department reimbursement. Costs of White House social events involving foreign dignitaries are covered in the State Department's budget.
Source

Now, given the circumstances, I don't suppose the side usually railing for the homeless and the crimes of wealth being spent in such blatant excess will say much here. The personalities form a sort of conflict, I can see that.

So, I'd suggest this .... In 2009, Obama just arrived. He had staff well in place and well versed on how this works and what planning for these things SHOULD entail but the President isn't a Dinner Planner. He just shows up to eat it. I don't, for one second, suggest Michelle or Barack Obama sat down and hashed out price tags and dinner choices for either event. So....Aside from leadership giving a general sense of what is tolerable and how high a priority fiscal savings needs to be.....it's not HIS fault here.

That isn't to say it's NO ONE's fault though and I'd really want to know how many of the staffers directly responsible for planning that Million Dollar Mexican State Dinner in particular are STILL at the White House and STILL wasting the 'people's money' in such obscene excess?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A meal at Mcdonalds is less than 6 bucks tho.

Ah isn't it great to live like a king Lenos jokes makes more sense by the day

Chief running with deficits.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Holy schmoly, Wrabbit! What on Earth are they feeding those folks? S&F

I agree on all points, especially that someone should have oversight and prevent such excess during these tough times.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I want to know what the hell was on the menu.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The White House Executive Residence sent two invoices to the State Department's Office of Protocol, seeking reimbursement for the White House dinners honoring visiting Indian and Mexican heads of state.

How much was for Food, Staff, Cutlery, Crockery, etc?

How Much was for Security of the attendees?

Richard Pollock is a member of The Washington Examiner's special reporting team

Yes. It does sound like a load of Pollocks.

White House invoices show excessive state dinner costs

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here was some things on the menu lol!

Jicama with Oranges, Grapefruit, and Pineapple
Citrus Vinaigrette
Ulises Valdez Chardonnay 2007 “Russian River”

Herb Green Ceviche of Hawaiian Opah
Sesame-Cilantro Cracker

Oregon Wagyu Beef in Oaxacan Black Mole
Black Bean Tamalon and Grilled Green Beans
Herrera Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 “Selección Rebecca”

Chocolate-Cajeta Tart
Toasted Homemade Marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crumble and Goat Cheese Ice Cream

Toasted marshmallows! HAH! This is all finger food

Source
edit on 7-12-2012 by ThorinOakenshield because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am glad that I have found a way to serve dinner at my house at substantially less cost.

I'd be happy to have the cost of one Mexican plate at the White House to spend on my kids for Christmas.

Edit: I would not just be happy, I would be overjoyed.
edit on 7-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorinOakenshield

I found the wine anyway...

Mi Sueno Winery

If it doesn't come up by default, flip the top drop down from Lowest to Highest over to Highest to Lowest. It's the most expensive one that winery offers at $125 a bottle. Cheap by State Dinner standards I'd think....but then, I'm no wine guy and that title is missing one word from the official menu too. That distinction could be a pricey one for all I know.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is okay for the current administration to enjoy fine dining
at it's best,he isn't the one picking up the tab,we are!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Reptilians love pomp and circumstance, luxurious living and extravagance. The Obama's cost the taxpayer 1.6 billion per year to keep or ten times what the royal family gets.

top topics

join