It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost ALL hope of Humanity's future. People are STUPID!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I see this movie..

..and thinks: If people are THIS STUPID, then there is NO HOPE for Humanity!

Didn't these people learn anything in school?
Doesn't these people read/see any news at all?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
no there is no hope...I almost want an apocalypse to happen and get rid of 90% of us....

edit on 7-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sorry OP.. I saw enough.. I had to stop about the point of Archie Bunker there saying we should "make a big glass crater out of the (bleep) Middle East". Sometimes...my fellow countrymen make me sigh and wish I were Canadian. Oh...so close too...

I have but one sentiment for my fellow "Man on the street" and it's a simple sentiment. Indeed.. Won't take a moment.

Maybe someday Archie will consider the fact that there are a few hundred million people living in that region and only a tiny % of them did anything to deserve any bad things landing on them.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

There are people in this world that think if they blow themselves up they go to heaven to spend the rest of eternity with 99 virgins.

And they say Americans are stupid. lol!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You do realize, that this piece was heavily edited, I'm sure. Notice how they didn't show anyone who actually knew the answers? Why not....because they don't exist, or because it would ruin the story?

I viewed this as satire, of a sorts. I believe the average person does know these things, just misses one or two occasionally.

It's selective editing. There's still (some) hope for humanity.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
People aren't stupid, the system we grow up in corruptsus

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not denying at all that there are human beings with lower than average intelligence, nor denying that some people simply don't care to learn certain things that most of us would consider desirable to know - or common knowledge.... there is actually a function of psychology at play here as well.

These "Jaywalking" type segments are heavily edited, as Smileegirl said, and sometimes do show us that there are people out there who fit the above description. But this type of "gotcha interview" also preys upon a built in and hard wired inherent mistrust of others that most humans have.

If approached by a stranger and asked seemingly irrational and arbitrary questions, without any warning or context at all - instinct tends to make us want to avoid answering. We become defensive. One mechanism of defense, in this type of situation, would be to simply ignore the person answering the questions. Another would be to provide a deceptive or disingenuous gratuitous reply. A false answer.

This type of things happens on a level people wouldn't even be conscious of. I think we've all experienced at least one "I have no idea why I said that" experience in life when approached and asked questions by a stranger.

Something to consider.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

I think you meant

I saw this movie.and thought (semi colon) ; if people are this stupid then there is no hope for humanity (no capital required) .
Did these people learn anything in school ?
Don't these people read or watch any news ?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by tomten

There are people in this world that think if they blow themselves up they go to heaven to spend the rest of eternity with 99 virgins.

And they say Americans are stupid. lol!

You seriously need to watch this

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by tomten

I think you meant

I saw this movie.and thought (semi colon) ; if people are this stupid then there is no hope for humanity (no capital required) .
Did these people learn anything in school ?
Don't these people read or watch any news ?

No.
I meant EXACTLY what I Wrote.
The capital letters, I wrote, to make the words more visible.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
You do realize, that this piece was heavily edited, I'm sure. Notice how they didn't show anyone who actually knew the answers? Why not....because they don't exist, or because it would ruin the story?

I viewed this as satire, of a sorts. I believe the average person does know these things, just misses one or two occasionally.

It's selective editing. There's still (some) hope for humanity.

Ofcourse it was heavely edited.
That's not the point.

The problem is that in a few hours, you can get that many people answering so stupidly?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Obviously,
and the rest of it ?
Oh the irony

edit on 8-12-2012 by cody599 because: crap at typing

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Can they swap out that option to just 9 sluts who know what they're doing? Then it might be worth it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Whats suprising is I hoped ats would have members who are more composed but it seems many on here are believing alot of hype kinda also shows you the deph of human stupidity Another headline another lead to follow another distraction They have no idea
edit on 15-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

top topics

join