It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War was being planned with Britain, by America in the 30's !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Merriman Weir

That one bugs me also, I often wonder what Americans get taught in history class.

To be fair, they're probably taught what everyone else is taught: their country's side in it all.

As for the American corporations, I am noticing a trend (up here in the North anyway) of people going back to support local British stores...the McDonalds in the town seems deserted these days.

maybe so, but I find it very strange that when people talk about the British high street losing it's identity and becoming homogenised, it's very rare that people point out the amount of American brands in the streets. They'll talk about big corporations as an entity unto themselves or talk about 'foreigners' (Chinese chippies, kebab shops, Asian mini-marts and so on) but never the amount of specifically American shops there are.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
There was really no war with America lol..

Of course there was. Two actually. In the 1770s Britain lost around 60,000 soldiers and sailors fighting the revolutionary war. That's almost a hundred times as many dead as we have lost in Afghanistan and Iraq combined. In the 1812 rematch we burned down their White House. Sounds like a war to me.

The french did most of the fighting for you.. You do know your history?? right??

Pretty sure the French were on the American side. Don't make assumptions, prat.

You really don't know OUR history if you think we were the strongest in the 30s. WW1 broke us.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

the white house was burned by British toops i believe

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It works both ways. There were British war plans as well. The was a documentary about that a few months ago. Simply the way things were done. Probably still are.

As to whether or not Britain and Russia would have defeated Germany alone. Its not likely. The convoys from the USA kept Britain supplied. The Russians needed a 2nd front to take the pressure off and Britain could not supply it on its own.

Without the production capacity of the USA on the allied side things may have worked out differently. Or at least dragged on a lot longer.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

All wars are planned

top topics

<< 1   >>

join