It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alien Plan for Humanity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by interupt42

The problem with your suppositions regarding aliens and superior intelligence is that such supposition is all too common and requires very little to none in the way of imagination.
Practically every thread on ATS that has some discussion about aliens has someone, if not several popping in and singing the song of aliens are going to be of superior intelligence, etc.

How often do you hear anyone making statements that aliens could very well possibly have a chance to be intellectually average, just more technologically advanced due a head start and more time to develop?

Very rarely if at all.

Everyone seems to like to put a 'human' face on aliens too, but, they always seem to tack on super brains, super powers, and all sorts of other attributes as if aliens were simply an exercise in wish fulfillment.
What's wrong with aliens simply just being more advanced technologically, but, otherwise boring or average?
We see it all the time in our science fiction novels and movies, but, no one seem to really acknowledge it or talk about it with any credit to potential.

Your description of ant colonies are almost verbatim from several similar statements so old they've worn a groove in the internet.

I don't recall making any statements in regards to them being factually more intelligent? Here is what I said.

I don't think it would really matter what credentials they give us. I think we would have no say on the matter much like a lobster in restaurant. So we don't really have to worry about if we can trust them or not. `

The best we can HOPE for is that with their supreme technological advances comes supreme intelligence and with their supreme intelligence comes equal respect for all life forms. Even though their is nothing to back that up but hope.

As a matter of fact , I used the words HOPE and I even stated their is nothing to suggest that they would be supreme intelligent beings.

Perhaps your jaded outlook of the mind-numbing responses at ATS as you indicate, got the better of you this time and you jumped the gun? The only thing I have said about an Alien race being more intellectually capable is that it could be possible.

Regardless lets go on with your invalid assumption that I said aliens WOULD BE intellectually superior,
So :

1. Because it doesn't tickle your pickle your ASSUMPTIONS AND OPINIONS in a HYPOTHETICAL discussions are more valid? Tell me which route does Santa Clause take from the North Pole?

2. Because you go against the grain it adds more credibility and its more intellectually stimulating. Do you go against the grain and believe in the middle earth theory?

3. Einsteins description of E=MC^2 is used verbatim and its it worn a groove in the Internet by Google scientist. Does that make the description of E=MC^2 any less relevant? Numerology is a new fab are you jumping on it?

Originally posted by Druscilla
If we're going to play imaginary fun-land with alien concepts, then, what's the point in singing the same old songs of "aliens are going to be superior in all respects"?
Who's to say any aliens popping up didn't steal the technology they have, or acquire it through their own Roswell crash equivalent, or got the basis gifted to them by some overly altruistic other culture?
Such scenarios would be indicative that the culture was never smart enough to come up with the basic concepts of their technology to begin with where they needed a crashed flying saucer, a gift, or to even GTA a flying saucer while the pilot is taking a leak in the woods, all as templates to follow in developing more advanced technologies based on something they never invented, or had the capacity to invent.

Ask the harder questions. Ask the questions that are rarely asked if at all.

I wasn't aware of this being a test or we were to play by your rules? I recall the OP said, what will your plan be?

The silly part is that I agree with just about all your scenarios. However, what constitutes a harder question especially when its based on opinions? Also with your logic their is also no point in asking why we exist or where did we come from, since its been asked before (over and over and over ...)?

I guess in the end I don't take hypothetical things such as alien invasions as serious as you might.

edit on 7-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I meant no insult, but, it seems you've taken such.
I was simply challenging you, and/or anyone and everyone else in speaking to the generalized "you" of everyone that reads and participates on ATS.

Calm down.
Relax.
Don't get so emotionally involved.
This is all just pie in the sky speculation.
I'm neither right, or wrong in my statements regarding speculation on aliens as is anyone else.

In reality, aliens, to all extents and purposes, since we've no confirming evidence that any exist, even if there's Billions of aliens out there, don't exist, at least up until the point we can detect and/or communicate with them.

Thus, anything is actually possible.
It's a blank slate.

For all we know the universe is devoid of all life except us, because the universe is an artificial virtual reality construct on some big fancy computer where we're the only 'smart' program running.

Such may be, or not.
Until we know, we won't.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

LOL. I'm not insulted as I assume neither are you, I was just making my points as you did.
Plus It would be silly to get insulted by an ant.
. Sorry couldn't resist.

I'm sure if we had a beer over this discussion at a bar our mannerism would indicate that neither one is really insulting the other, heck we might even act like we are enjoying the conversation.

Plus if i felt that you were insulting me than I would know for sure that I won the argument.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We also need to realize that our tech is our tech. We develop things with the materials we have available on earth. What other metals and minerals does the universe have out there that we know nothing about? What properties does these materials have? We also arrogantly determined that they would have technology at al, in the regular human sense of tech. They may very well be able to travel the stars in a more natural way. idk. We gauge intellect on our understanding. Were the spanish more intellegent then the indians or did each culture put more importance on different things?
edit on 7-12-2012 by Jahari because: grammer

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Consider a scenario...

...your plan by comp[l]etion of one revolution of the earth year for a peaceful way to turn this situation around.

The Ambassador reiterates that all ... are at your disposal to use as required to get the job done.

What will your plan be?

Since your scenario does not explicitly forbid it, I would simply expand the 'prime directive' (or equivalent) intervention on a limited scale.

I would not need all of the "advanced Alien technologies" at my disposal, but rather only a few select items for a short while.

Since I have a full Earth year to accomplish this task, my solution would be to simply "come out of hiding" and show myself and my brethren to all of humanity at once. I would demonstrate our presence and advanced capabilities in an immediate, unambiguous, simultaneous show-of-power that would leave no doubt to anyone on Earth that they are not only being watched, but probably have been for a very long time, and that those doing the watching have exponentially advanced technology.

An example of such a demonstration would be an immense armada of alien ships of all sizes and types doing a "fly-by" over the Earth - slow ones, fast ones, big ones, small ones. Park a few over important monuments and capital cites for a few hours or days. Buzz a few large outdoor events attended to by hundreds or thousands of people (e.g., a few football games, gatherings at Mecca or the Forbidden City, large crowds in Tokyo, London, Moscow, Hong Kong, Los Angeles...).

The Aliens need not show themselves whatsoever. At least not yet. No visits to the White House, Kremlin, U.N. or the BBC are necessary. No ships even need land or touch the surface in any way. In fact after "presenting themselves" to the planet - they can promptly, silently, retreat back to the cosmos...

Why do I think this would solve "the problem"? My rationale for this experiment is equally simple to grasp.

For one thing, humanity, simultaneously and en-mass, would have no doubts any longer as to their singularity nor their unmistakable primitive inferiority in the cosmos. A chapter on Earth would be turned.

All of the ridicule, snickering, doubts, clandestine suspicions, and animosity regarding this subject would vaporize in an instant. It would instantaneously take away all of the power-of-knowledge that most suspect belong only to the media, Illuminati, uber-wealthy, secret government agencies, etc., and transfer that power completely and unmistakably to 'the people'.

It would provide, again instantly and unambiguously, a new 'purpose' to humans on this planet. Almost everyone on this small blue jewel of a planet would immediately ask themselves, "What are we fighting EACH OTHER for??!?

Almost every institution and philosophical thought-process on the Earth would also immediately undergo a massive and profound transformation. All religions, all academic houses-of-learning, all dialogue and interaction, from international relations to 'fireside-chats' and family dinner-table discussions would quite suddenly and with extreme emotion and sincerity be consumed by the "New Revelation". Every University on the planet, every government entity, every private conversation will be focused on "what it all means".

No Aliens even need present themselves. It is not necessary even to violate the 'prime directive' to a great degree. This entire scenario is merely a "show-of-force", and by "force" I mean humans will be "forced" to acknowledge their own self-actualization.

If I am correct, and there are no guarantees, I would think that human curiosity, ingenuity, and their collective primitive but evolving intellect will re-discover their purpose in life. They will begin to collaborate and work together, marshal their collective resources, unite as a sentient species.

To what end? Why, to follow the aliens to the cosmos, of course! My guess is that all eyes, all thoughts, all ambitions will be redirected toward man's exploration beyond Earth. Humans may be belligerent, self-absorbed, bumbling children, perhaps - but this event will awaken their inner-purpose toward something greater.

We would evolve. We would grow. We would view ourselves, our planet, and the stars in profoundly different (and better) way. We will change our attitudes about harming the Earth, about how we treat our fellow man, about self-preservation and perpetuation of the Human species, about what awaits us "out there".

Thank you, kind sir, for at least allowing some of us to dream of the possibility, if just for a few moments. I hope that your scenario has some kernel of truth. And I hope we meet alien-visitor expectations... and pass the test...

edit on 12/7/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Simple, covertly sabotage human advancements in science. Keep their knowledge stifled and they won't progress. If people are confined to Earth, the only things they can harm are themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes. This is exactly what my response would have been.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Is Sleeper the guy who says hes been on Pluto, or is this a different Sleeper?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Outrageo, firstly i have to say thankyou for your post its I love them graphics of space crafts.

I tend to agree with your main theme which is a brief and peaceful but undoubtful show of Alien superiority over every major City on earth. That one event would have a dramatic effect on humans pyscology, and that effect i imagine would be a combination of every emotion in the human spectrum. Fear, Envy, Paranoia,
love, euphoria, bewilderment.

Where aftermath of the event will certainly leave all one hundred percent sober in mind we are not alone, and collection their emotions and engaging in discussion with their friends, counter parts. Would it be enough to bring humanity all togther? It would have to if the general consensus of all nation was there was a potential threat posed for Alien invasion/take over.

I would think the Governments of world announce through the world that there was a potential threat, and to be safer than sorry we all need to collectively start preparing for potential conflict. I would consider this is the most likley response as history shows this is what human tribes do when feeling threatened; and even by forces which are orders of magnitude stronger, they will fight for their sovereignty.

edit on 7-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
I would admit to myself that humans will never change, the ones that get power want more power

Except there's plenty of good humans......

and you have it backwards.....the problem is the ones that want power, get power.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

But WHY must such a display be perceived as a "threat"?

With all due respect, I don't agree. I do not think that humans would automatically resort to interpreting the sudden global, albeit brief, appearance of alien ships exclusively as "conflict". Individually, perhaps, many might initially thinks so. That is to be expected. But in the long run, I'd give humans a bit more benefit-of-the doubt.

If the Aliens make no hostile gestures whatsoever, in fact, make no statement of any kind - simply show themselves and their technology to all of humanity at once, then I prefer to think that humans will figure things out for themselves. We're primitive, unenlightened lab mice in the eyes of the aliens - but we can learn...

Not overnight, mind you. But your scenario allows for a full Earth year! Thus, the more altruistic and benevolent members of each Earth society would gradually persuade the rest that if the Aliens had ill intent and wanted to, they obviously could have done their worst to us with no interference whatsoever -and they did not - in fact, they instead departed just as quietly and un-imposingly as they arrived.

I would thus conclude that the purpose was to provide humans with a teaching moment, to help them along -rather than a 'conquering' one of malevolent design. There is no threat. There need not be conflict.

It is an evolutionary moment. A swords to spaceships moment...

Humanity's time on Earth is limited anyway. We must 'seed the galaxy', explore the cosmos, perpetuate our species, expand our minds, discover, learn, grow. The aliens (by your own scenario) had something like this in mind from the outset, had they not? So they give us a little nudge.

Tossing mud, lead, and insults at each other is getting us nowhere. It's time to step-it-up. Perhaps we might even earn an audience with our benefactors so we can thank them for providing us with a catalyst - and maybe teach us a few more secrets of the heavens...
edit on 12/7/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

To me, there's a flaw in your story because you say that the aliens come to bring;

ideas of peace

Then it quickly goes to;

unless your group can turns things around soon, military action will be taken on the earth.

This doesn't seem very peaceful to me.
If it's taken us this long to get to where we are now, at the same time the aliens are progressing, which means that at this given point we're not a threat and never will be, because as we progress so do they.
So I just don't know.

If I was to play along, then I'd send emissaries down to earth on a peace mission, if that doesn't work then I'd send down a hit squad and get rid of those mummies in charge, who are the real problem of the earth.
If they were truly for peace and more intelligent than us, then they'd know why the world is like it is, and they would sent an alien hit squad. That's what I would do.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

While a simple display, a parade of flying saucers or what have you showing up in the skies all over the planet might be interesting, with zero actual interaction or demonstration of tangibility, you'd see threads on here claiming "Blue Beam".

Disney might even pop up and claim responsibility as a worldwide test of its new experimental holographic projector, or something.

Governments the world round would put their own flavor of spin on it to downplay the whole event while some others would foment for immediate war against whatever other government(s) they hate the most (or can profit the most from attacking) in blaming them for an act of terror in projecting such "holograms".

Methinks it'd take much more than just a show, a parade.
There'd have to be unambiguous definite interaction, communication, boots/tentacles/whatever on the ground doing the meet and greet "take us to your leader", "we come in peace", or even "kneel before Zod" thing.

If anything, if peace is going to be force-fed to this planet by some alien super culture, said alien super culture needs set some conspicuous hall monitors to work around the globe in not only sending a message, but, backing it up with swift physical force in sending offenders to the head master's office for a good sorting out.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The Ambassador reiterates that all The advanced technologies of the Aliens UN of planets are at your disposal to use as required to get the job done.

What will your plan be?

Do not think that my plan is not in harmony with the alien. One cannot think in their ego the plan of the alien, because our ego is good at making small quick judgements, it is no comparison to the alien mind.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why do people want to believe that aliens that come to Earth will always be altruistic and will take us under their wing as our older "cosmic brothers"? No advanced civilization will give their knowledge of advanced weaponry to primitive ones. The U.S wouldn't give its nuclear weapons out to third-world countries out of some abstract gesture of humanism, and the gap in technology between them isn't even as close as the gap between mankind and a space-fairing civilization.

Any aliens that were to come to Earth are almost always going to have sinister plans. What many people can't seem to realize the technology required to traverse distances between the stars in reasonable times is so beyond us that such a civilization capable of such would have no real reason to contact us other than exploitation or extermination.

Assuming they exist, the true altruistic alien civilizations are those that leave us alone.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
OOohh aliens SCAREYYYYYYY!!!

Seriously people need to watch the day the earth stood still. HUmans never learn to change unless they are under a threat. You broadcast a message to earth first. Tell them you are going to Obliterate their entire planet unless there are some serious changes. Then as a show of force carve a message into the moon that everyone can see. BEHAVE OR DIE HUMANS. You have 1 year to decide. Then as a further show of force disable ALL NUCLEAR WEAPONS and blow a hole in the ANtartic ice sheet hundreds of miles wide for more proof.

Then just sit back and eat glorpsnap watching all the pitiful humans trip over their butts liek they are on fire and catching.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I can see your plan working Yuppa. Reminds me of the Duke Nukem approach. Nobody messes around with our Moon and gets away with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
'they' are not really extra-terrestrial

'they' are pretending to be someone else all this time , since the ancient times, depending on the era of human culture

'they' cannot be researched only by material/physical sciences

'they' have insidious plan for humanity and currently they cannot openly influence humanity, only move in the background preparing the way, just like any good intellegence / propaganda agents preparing for invasion

there will be time when 'they' will be allowed to open themselves to humans , and they will wear the mask of benevolence and goodwill to humans, since if they show their true selves , humanity will realize what they are and no one will obey/follow them

'they' are influencing humanity's belief system.. they will push humanity toward more materialistic beliefs. people nowadays think 'science' can explain everything thus anything that cannot be explained with science do not exists , hence the increase of atheism in western world.

just my observation and opinion of these phenomena so far

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

'they' are not really extra-terrestrial

'they' are pretending to be someone else all this time , since the ancient times, depending on the era of human culture

'they' cannot be researched only by material/physical sciences

'they' have insidious plan for humanity and currently they cannot openly influence humanity, only move in the background preparing the way, just like any good intellegence / propaganda agents preparing for invasion

there will be time when 'they' will be allowed to open themselves to humans , and they will wear the mask of benevolence and goodwill to humans, since if they show their true selves , humanity will realize what they are and no one will obey/follow them

'they' are influencing humanity's belief system.. they will push humanity toward more materialistic beliefs. people nowadays think 'science' can explain everything thus anything that cannot be explained with science do not exists , hence the increase of atheism in western world.

just my observation and opinion of these phenomena so far

All good observations and points. You may be right.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I do agree with your approach, while there is a quagmire of lies and deception any progress will be near impossible as no clear common sense and reasonable direction can be formed in the conflicting perceptions. Even if somewhat peaceful intentions do exist it is not just the direct threats that are of concern but the indirect ones as well.

What will happen to the balance of power as new players enter the stage? The corporate, financial and political worlds will have a host of new issues and competition to contend with.

How will issues of quarantine be implemented? Look at what the crown of thorns starfish has done to all major shipping ports around the world. There is only one way to be certain that our delicate ecosystem can defend against new off world organisms and that is to put it at risk. It is not just human culture at stake but all of Earth's culture.

In trying to form some conclusions about the alien agenda the only real certainty I can find is that of diversity. Attributes like teamwork, adaptability, intelligence and fighting capability exist amongst all species that rise up the food chain. As for just how high it goes and what new attributes also exist leads me to quote Spock, 'There is life Jim, but not as we know it.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join