It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher-Than-Normal Flu Reports in some states

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Don't they just guess ahead of time which strain is going to be "the strain" for the year?

I have had the flu one time, and it was after a flu shot. I expect to get it this year due to the medication I have been on and having a super weak immune system. I am trying to limit exposure by shopping "after hours" and only leaving when I have to.

Locally I think one school system is closed due to the flu, and a couple others are nearing the amount of sick required to close.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope she is recovering and home for the Holidays.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PaTommyJ

You are absolutely right, the human immune system is a wonderful machine that kills all kind of viruses and bacteria including cancer cells everyday, exposures makes the body create a natural immunity the next time around.

When the body is at its best, flu, colds and anything in that category comes and ago with nothing else but littler scratch.

But some other people, with deficiency in the their immune system and with health problems anything can be devastating.

We have gotten worst in the last two generation of bad food, environmental pollution and even vaccinations itself.

The body do not have time to build naturally like our ancestors did.

Sad but truth.

edit on 6-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is ALL about the big PUSH for vaccines.

No time to get feisty about this but yes, propaganda.

Be well everyone, we are human, we will get the flu, we will recover naturally.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It would be interesting to note "who" is reporting these alleged increases.

My guess is then you have your answer as to "why"

It's been about 30 years since I've had any kind of shot. I have been sick enough to stay home ONCE during that time.

Coincidence?

Most definitely not.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by PaTommyJ

But some other people, with deficiency in the their immune system and with health problems anything can be devastating.

this is exactly the point I was trying to make, alas I have failed to express that clearly enough. So, folks with strong immune systems who get the shot don't get the ill effects. And anyone who lives/works with folks whose systems are weakened need to get it to protect those folks. I get it. That's all I was trying to get across.

Thanks for the affirmation, marg.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Believe me, once you have the flu once in your life you never forget how it feels like it, so the next time around you will know if is the nasty flu or not.

I am from the Caribbean and I had the Dengue fever when I was 14, people complain about the flu but I can testified that Dengue Fever is worst than the cold weather seasonal flu as its cause by a mosquito while the seasonal flu affect the upper body specially the lungs, the dengue affects the nervous system, rendering you like a big bowl of gelatin nasty, nasty stuff, you can not walk because the body loses his cordination or move because the fever is so devastating but once you have it once you will not have it again, that is not what happen with the flu, the flu mutates frequently.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by Dustytoad

You can't get the Flu from the Flu jab. That's not how it works. It can however make you feel crappy for a few days. I have to get the Flu jab every year because my wife is immune compromised and the worst thing that's happened to me is a sore arm.

Rev

edit on 6/12/2012 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

Ask my sick girlfriend man.. She gets it every time about 3-4 days later.. You think she feels crummy for 3 weeks because of what?? I don't get sick ever, so not even a sore arm here. I trust reality over what people say. I have more of a scientific mind. trust repeated trials, or trust words.. Hmm..

the flew "jab" how cute.. They are getting better at marketing their product. I'll give them that.

Dust
edit on 12/6/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
From what I've learned of the flu vaccine... it only takes care of a single strain among all the others that are swirling around. It's guessed ahead of time to be the one most likely to infect people.
At the same time, the shot also compromises your immune system, I believe, making it more likely for you to catch one of the other strains.
Maybe that's the reason why people think the shot itself creates a full-blown illness-- it's not the vaccine's own strain that's infecting them!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
It would be interesting to note "who" is reporting these alleged increases.

My guess is then you have your answer as to "why"

It's been about 30 years since I've had any kind of shot. I have been sick enough to stay home ONCE during that time.

Coincidence?

Most definitely not.

I have a relative who takes all kinds of meds, you know the ones, they actually have a little pill purse for all their different scrips for each day of the week. She's always sick. I have another relative who never takes a pill, not even for a headache. He is never sick at all.

People, stay away from all these drugs unless you absolutely have to take something. It's all business, they are legal drug dealers worse than the cartels!
edit on 6-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

that could be..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have a cold now it sucks. I just made somethIng I have been craving for dinner for weeks and I couldn't taste a thing. My joints hurt which seems weird but I guess I am getting old.

I think we have to consider that people's immune response are entirely individual and as such some of our bodies may well feel as though we have the flu after a vaccination while others may feel nothing or just the typical tiredness-sore arm.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Vaccines are toxic and poison your body that is why you will still get sick - even though you have had the shot. Just because a person on the television says that the talk about the flu vaccine not working is all crap - does not have to be believed. If the same person came on the television and told you the moon was made of cheese - would you believe him?

People - listen to your body and stay well with good food and rest and vitamins. Vaccines have not been tested and Children are dying as a result of the vaccine and not the illnesses they are supposed to be preventing.

Do what you want people but not just because a person you don't even know says so - use your own intellect and make your own decisions - whatever that decision may be.

I don't get flu shots and I don't get the flu. Figure it out!!!

Much Peace...

Presumably handling rocks helps you as well! This is luddite nonsense. Guess what I don't get flu shots and I don't get the flu either but then again I don't work in an industry where sickness spreads (hospitals, care homes etc) and my kids no longer go to school.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My girlfriend's roommates all just got the flu, but she doesn't have it.... yet. I haven't gotten the flu shot in years and I honestly can't remember the last time I had it. Maybe as a kid.

Call it synchronicity or coincidence but she told me about it today and I just saw this story. Oh, and I'm in Alabama.

Ugh looks like I'll be getting a flu shot tomorrow before I go see her. I'm not too excited about it as I've been on this site for too long, and I'm strongly considering seeing if my germ-conscious lifestyle and immune system can keep me safe. I'm also contemplating buying a cheap-o dust mask and wearing it when I see her to get a laugh.(even though they don't protect you from viruses.)

Edit: I'm about to go to the grocery store and I'm already freaking myself out over all the stuff I touch.
edit on 12/6/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
From what I've learned of the flu vaccine... it only takes care of a single strain among all the others that are swirling around.

It's time to go back to learning. Start by opening your dictionary and looking up "trivalent."

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Oh right, they use three strains in the vaccine instead of one. I remember.
I can't see a guarantee that those three are the only ones that are passed around, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Most people can fight the flu and survive so it isn't really a big deal.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's not the flu.

Radiation exposure causes flu like symptoms. When the nuclear power plant by NYC had to do an Emergency shut down not long ago there was a massive number of people claiming flu like symptoms from the radiation vented into the atmosphere during their Emergency shutdown.

Every winter humans burned wood and coal to keep from freezing in the winter.....when did they start developing their annual "flu like" symptoms.....towards the end of winter when the atmosphere would peak with radiation dust from allll the coal/wood getting burned.

Looks like theres many parts of America where 50-60 counts per minute is the new norm for radiation levels:
www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Please conduct your own research before you criticize me with your nastiness. The adjuvant or carrier that is in the vial of vaccine liquid is just as toxic as the untested vaccine itself.

Please feel free to look up some of the listed ingredients in the vaccine and the adjuvant. There are no known clinical tests trials conducted on vaccines. Children are actually dying from some of the latest cervical cancer vaccines - just hours after their shot.

Handling rocks - what on earth is that comment about??? You may believe in vaccines and I can respect that but I would encourage you to conduct your own research.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm an Rn and I never get the flu shot. Never get the flu either.

Just a few days ago there were some morning disc jockies talking about how they had all got the flu this year. This is spite of having the flu shot. There was also a story on the local news about people having gotten the flu even though they got the flu shot.

Then the "expert" comes on. And tells us all that the very best thing you can do to avoid the lfu is to get a flu shot.

What a bunch of unmitagated crap.

Here's how to avoid the flu:

1. Wash your hands often. And keep your hands away from your face. Do not use antibacterial hand wash. Use regular soap and water.
2. Diet diet diet. If you eat crap, your immune system is going to be compromised and you're going to get sick if you are exposed.
3. Do not eat: Sugar, wheat, margarine, vegitable oils, processed fooods.

I'm so sick of "the best way to avoid the flu is to get the flu shot". What garbage. Sometimes I am ashamed to be a part of the medical industry.

edit on 6-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join