It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher-Than-Normal Flu Reports in some states

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is it people! It's flumageddon!

Better get in line for a flu shot because they don't have enough for everyone.

Just playing...

edit on 12/6/12 by GigaMillionaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So they can't figure out why the numbers for flu are higher, eh?

Maybe this comes from pounding fear into the masses about getting that flu shot. People get the flu from it, every year and then they wonder why flu spreads worse?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I am still pondering weather I should get a flu shot or not.

I've got mine sitting right on the kitchen counter. Fruits, Veg, Ascorbic Acid, Oil of Oregano, and a dash of Colloidal silver.

My daughter came down with strep throat that was going around. Two days of boosted fruits, veg and silver, it was gone. Other kids still going on and on very sick. I try to tell parents to try it my way and I'm just the crazy old indian up the road.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
Don't they just guess ahead of time which strain is going to be "the strain" for the year?

I have had the flu one time, and it was after a flu shot. I expect to get it this year due to the medication I have been on and having a super weak immune system. I am trying to limit exposure by shopping "after hours" and only leaving when I have to.

Locally I think one school system is closed due to the flu, and a couple others are nearing the amount of sick required to close.

I have a weakened immune system too. I take colloidal silver and spray it up my nose before I go into the stores and wash my hands. Never catch nothing now. I used to catch every thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I'm an Rn and I never get the flu shot. Never get the flu either.

I had to take my daughter to the ER last year. She broke her arm. The nurse that was taking care of us, came in with a mask on. I asked her if she was sick and she said no, that she had to wear that mask because she refused the flu shot. She explained to me that she had been working the ER for 25 years and had never caught a flu, and didn't want the shot.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I'm an Rn and I never get the flu shot. Never get the flu either.

Just a few days ago there were some morning disc jockies talking about how they had all got the flu this year. This is spite of having the flu shot. There was also a story on the local news about people having gotten the flu even though they got the flu shot.

Then the "expert" comes on. And tells us all that the very best thing you can do to avoid the lfu is to get a flu shot.

What a bunch of unmitagated crap.

Here's how to avoid the flu:

1. Wash your hands often. And keep your hands away from your face. Do not use antibacterial hand wash. Use regular soap and water.
2. Diet diet diet. If you eat crap, your immune system is going to be compromised and you're going to get sick if you are exposed.
3. Do not eat: Sugar, wheat, margarine, vegitable oils, processed fooods.

I'm so sick of "the best way to avoid the flu is to get the flu shot". What garbage. Sometimes I am ashamed to be a part of the medical industry.

edit on 6-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

Exactly... I have gotten my girl to where she doesn't get sick... She works with kids all day.. Now she is sick as I type this because her work forced her to get the flu shot... Anti bacterial soap is not good either..

Don't be ashamed to be part of it. My girl is a teacher and she isn't ashamed of all the new rules, and all the bad teaching practices, she just get's around them while still teaching the standard course of study. In this way she is changing kids lives.

Actually the only people I know who Never get the flu are the ones who don't get the shot.. I know that's not scientific, but I won't disregard my entire life experience to follow some rules someone else gave me...

Never was good at follow the leader, seeing as I made all the games.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
So they can't figure out why the numbers for flu are higher, eh?

Maybe this comes from pounding fear into the masses about getting that flu shot. People get the flu from it, every year and then they wonder why flu spreads worse?

No no no... The numbers!!

There's way less flu now than ever before don't you know?
It happens to coincide with the spread of vaccines.

That's what this whole thread is about..
Keep vaccinating yourself from life, I hear it's dangerous to live..

Sarcasm times 2?

Seriously I like your posts.
Maybe it's the name too.. thunder heart.. Haha.. Wish I had more knowledge about my Cherokee and Sioux sides..
edit on 12/6/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Hi Nighthawk, It is up to you but....here goes...Really pay attention to the tv ads/magazine ads for the shots. They say right in them that they do not work for everyone. Say what? So the rest of us that don't get the shot aren't endangering humanity afterall?

Researching into all the ingredients that are in those shots are an eye opener...msg, aspartame, polysorbate 80, squalene, formaldehyde, anti-freeze. We hide anti-freeze from our pets so they don't get sick/die, but we get injected with it? Many other questionable ingredients I didn't list.

Last but not least, How do religious folks justify vaccines when they have human diploid cells in them, (aborted fetal tissue)? Or muslims and Jewish folks justify the porcine, (pork) products used in them...how do vegans justify the use of various animal products like monkey tissue being used. And the PETA folks relevant to any/all manner of animal products in various vaccines. And what about prions? We don't have to worry about transmission of "mad cow" any more? Bovine is mentined in some ingredients as well,(cow).

Polysorbate 80 and squalene may be safe if ingested but injected straight into our bodies...not so much. They plan to start incubating vaccines in dog tissue since some people are allergic to eggs...what about folks with dog allergies? And so it goes...Thanx for listening.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I am still pondering weather I should get a flu shot or not.

I've got mine sitting right on the kitchen counter. Fruits, Veg, Ascorbic Acid, Oil of Oregano, and a dash of Colloidal silver.

My daughter came down with strep throat that was going around. Two days of boosted fruits, veg and silver, it was gone. Other kids still going on and on very sick. I try to tell parents to try it my way and I'm just the crazy old indian up the road.

From one crazy Indian to another, I like your shot. I too have never had one of those shots, and I try to talk to friends and family about it, they laugh and shrug and line up with the rest of the sheeple. It's unbelievable how many people have bought into this bogus.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

really ??
before i even read the story, i'm gonna guess that FL is on that list.
why ? because we are a state of mandatory vaccines for healthcare workers and all government workers in at least one county.

i fully believe it's the vaccinated ppl spreading it about ... now, i'm off to read the story and to see just how wrong i am this time

-----------------------------------------------
wow, and double wow, FL is not on that list

that was a real shocker ... then again, the holidays are near and many will travel here so it shouldn't be long before we see similar results.

well, after reviewing the vaccine requirements in 3 of the states listed, i still think the vaccines are what is causing the "early" appearance of the influenza virus.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was 15 when I got my first flu.
I was pressured by my school to get a flu-vaccine.
A few days later, BAM!
I felt like I was dying from an unknown disease.
At first I thought my vaccination was tainted.
Come to think about it now, it WAS tainted - with the flu.

I've never gotten the flu since.
Then again, I'm skinny as heck and I ride my bicycle everywhere.
Don't buy into the whole flu-vaccination deal.
Like somebody mentioned: Legal drug dealers.

I eat a ton of garlic, too.
Just because it's so darn tasty.
I'll eat those suckers raw.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rezlooper

Hi guys

I've no idea if this is true but it might help
Amazed me link (if it's true)
shhhhh, don't tell my mate but it really does work

he's a truck driver and seldom assigned the same truck.
needless to say, when one sniffles, viruses spread like wildfire amongst the drivers.
i've used onion and garlic for years and even though he thinks it's BS, every time the conversation comes up, i ask one question ... when was the last time you caught it ?

this is not a man who lives a healthy lifestyle either.
if we are what we eat ... he'd be a hot-doggin ham & cheese with a side of cholula

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I'm an RN also, I have always refused to get the flu shot - never had the flu.

Bacterial soaps and alcohol hand "sanitizer" are the worst things ever. Just taking bacteria and virus and mutating it, making it worse.

People look at me when I say I'm anti-flu shot and they think I'm crazy!

Almost everyone is Vitamin D defecient also. Get some sun! I live in Wisconsin, near Madison.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Happy1 because: wanted to add where I live

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I just got the flu shot. First time in probably more than 10 years.

Against my better judgement. I realized it's easy to not get the flu by being a shut in, but if you're gonna be swapping saliva with someone who may have it then there isn't much you can do. I'll update if I do end up getting the flu.

A side note, it takes about 2 weeks for the vaccine to really kick in. I wonder how many of the people that got the vaccine and still got the flu were exposed before 2 weeks.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Bacterial soaps and alcohol hand "sanitizer" are the worst things ever. Just taking bacteria and virus and mutating it, making it worse.

Yea, I dont believe alcohol sanitizer mutates bacteria in anyway, unless you call "dead" a mutation.
If youre an RN, I hope I dont end up in your hospital

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Happy1

Yea, I dont believe alcohol sanitizer mutates bacteria in anyway, unless you call "dead" a mutation.
If youre an RN, I hope I dont end up in your hospital

It kills all the weak ones and the strong survive.. You keep doing this over and over and you are changing the available gene pool, thus evolving the germs. That's what was meant I am sure.

I prefer to let the weak ones live, and take up space so the more resistant ones don't get a good foothold..

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium responsible for several difficult-to-treat infections in humans. It is also called multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (ORSA). MRSA is any strain of Staphylococcus aureus that has developed, through the process of evolution, resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics, which include the penicillins (methicillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin, oxacillin, etc.) and the cephalosporins

Source

Evolution..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From your link..

As with some other bacteria, MRSA is acquiring more resistance to some disinfectants and antiseptics. Although alcohol-based rubs remain somewhat effective, a more effective strategy is to wash hands with running water and an anti-microbial cleanser with persistent killing action, such as Chlorhexidine.[60] In another study chlorohexidine (Hibiclens), p-chloro-m-xylenol (Acute-Kare), hexaclorophene (Phisohex), and povidone-iodine (Betadine) were evaluated for their effectiveness. Of the four most commonly used antiseptics, povidone-iodine, when diluted 1:100, was the most rapidly bactericidal against both MRSA and methicillin-susceptible S. aureus.[61]

Thats interesting, learned something new today.. maybe I should edit my condescending post lol

Nah, Ill leave it there, humility is good now and then

edit on 12/7/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

technically, antiseptics are a form of selection. The microbes that survive are able to reproduce and pass on the resistance genes. It doesn't necessarily make them more deadly, just makes them able to hang out on the counter or toilet for longer.
The real problem is with antibiotic resistant microbes from incorrect use of antibiotics as it makes the diseases harder to treat and that IS making them more deadly.

Ethyl alcohol and soaps aren't mutagens in themselves though.

As I look back, this has been replied twice already, so my post is redundant.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
NBC News just a had a report on the nightly news that said we're are now already in the midst of flu season, which usually doesn't start till next month. The report not on their website yet, but I will post it.

Here is CDC story from yesterday urging everyone to get their flu shots. Yeah, let's make sure we spread it even more. I'm with you all, stay away from flu shots!!!!

CDC says early flu season

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
NBC News just a had a report on the nightly news that said we're are now already in the midst of flu season, which usually doesn't start till next month. The report not on their website yet, but I will post it.

Here is CDC story from yesterday urging everyone to get their flu shots. Yeah, let's make sure we spread it even more. I'm with you all, stay away from flu shots!!!!

CDC says early flu season

PsyOp. It's the radiation levels in the atmosphere. India/China burning more Coal has added more radiation to the atmosphere as well. We all can look at our geiger counters and see that background radiation is much much higher this year.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join