It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Wait, I'm confused...

Just yesterday I saw this story...

No evidence Syria mixing chemical agents, Pentagon official says

There is no evidence yet that the Syrian military has actually begun the process of mixing precursor chemicals to produce deadly Sarin nerve gas, a senior defense official told NBC News on Tuesday.

According to the official, despite the increased activity around several chemical weapons sites, including truck movements in and out, it’s not even clear that the precursors have been moved from separate storage sites to one location.

and then there was this story...

Syria says would not use chemical weapons against its people

BEIRUT, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Syria would not use chemical weapons, if it had them, against its own people, the foreign ministry said in a statement on state television on Monday.

"In response to the statements of the American secretary of state, who warned Syria against using chemical weapons, Syria has stressed repeatedly that it will not use these types of weapons, if they were available, under any circumstances against its people," the statement said.

So, as stated in the beginning...I'm confused.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hmmm, ya hear and see so many articles like this with nothing happening you tend to become... a bit hesitent to really think about it all.

But the wording is pretty specific

The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.

As recently as Tuesday, officials had said there was as yet no evidence that the process of mixing the "precursor" chemicals had begun. But Wednesday, they said their worst fears had been confirmed: The nerve agents were locked and loaded inside the bombs.

emphasis mine... strange thing to say on a NBC news article.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MattC

NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) is one of the "big three" Networks in the US. I'm not familiar with the 2 names that wrote the article, but it appears to be a part of the NBC Nightly News broadcast, so it's not just some bloggers creating rumors. Granted, it could be a huge network creating rumors...but not likely.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

You mean take out the only country that stands in the way of invading Iran, and install a western central bank for good measure.

link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Someone changed their mind today and its time for us to get into another war?

+1 more 
link   
They are actually doing this again. This is a setup for a false flag attack to justify US and NATO to go in to stop Assad from using WMDs. Just like Saddam, never did find those weapons did they?

Where is the proof? Just the word of the same intelligence agency that got it so right in Iraq.

Do you think Assad would actually be that stupid knowing that the whole world would come down on him if he used chemical weapons? I smell bull#.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattC

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace
You can always spot the Disinfo Shill News stories, that always source "Officials" without naming a single one.. LOL .. Run Sheeple Run

I counted 6 mentions of "U.S. officials" and 0 of any actual names. I'm not familiar with NBC (i'm a brit) but this looks like a blog. Are the authors well respected journalists or is this just a comment-piece?

I can't seem to find any other source that confirms this, or any official release from the "U.S. officials".

I think because its breaking, im sure we will find out more as the days go on and who released the info........

Again just because they dont name the sources outright doesnt make it any less true......

I do however always recommend a healthy degree of scrutiny......

I hope to GOD its wrong

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

It was more a tongue and cheek comment.

But to be honest, I'm over the whole area. We don't need to be involved in another ground war. Certainly not in that particualr area. However, there is no easy solution. Including Nukes.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

As long as you are "our" dictator, it's perfectly acceptable to be a despot.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Wait, I'm confused...

Just yesterday I saw this story...

No evidence Syria mixing chemical agents, Pentagon official says

There is no evidence yet that the Syrian military has actually begun the process of mixing precursor chemicals to produce deadly Sarin nerve gas, a senior defense official told NBC News on Tuesday.

According to the official, despite the increased activity around several chemical weapons sites, including truck movements in and out, it’s not even clear that the precursors have been moved from separate storage sites to one location.

and then there was this story...

Syria says would not use chemical weapons against its people

BEIRUT, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Syria would not use chemical weapons, if it had them, against its own people, the foreign ministry said in a statement on state television on Monday.

"In response to the statements of the American secretary of state, who warned Syria against using chemical weapons, Syria has stressed repeatedly that it will not use these types of weapons, if they were available, under any circumstances against its people," the statement said.

So, as stated in the beginning...I'm confused.

completely agree with you......

i read that as well, thats why i felt i had to post this, becaus there is some contradiction here........

So whose telling the truth and whose lying, the officials in my OP , or the gov officials that made the statement in yesterdays thread?

Its quite confusing indeed

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
At the top of the article it states that Syrian forces have "loaded" the precursor chemical agents and that the toxic agent was "locked and loaded".

The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.

Yet at the end of the article it states the contrary. Where there is no evidence that the process has begun.

That process would involve mixing "precursor" chemicals for the deadly nerve gas sarin, which could be used in artillery shells, U.S. officials told NBC News, stressing that there was no evidence that process had as yet begun.

The only reasonable explanation is one is speaking to aerial bombs while the other is speaking to artillery shells?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianG
Those are the ones Bush said were in Iraq but got trucked into Syria

Exactly I remember they said the WMDs were shipped to Syria.

and how do they know about them being ready?
edit on 083131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This is incorrect.
Sarin gas has a short shelf-life, and the components (even if kept separate) would not be viable for use in a chemical weapon anymore.

Note that I am not disputing that weapons were taken over the border into Syria prior to the Iraq war... I do believe those weapons are in Syria - but I think you're looking more at Scuds etc. in that instance. Chemical weapons may have been shipped over the border, but if so, Syria has built on that technology to produce its own - this instance of sarin gas is not using Iraqi weapons.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Yeah, it's a pretty awful way to go. Sarin was used by saddam against the kurd city of Halabja.

Lethal dose for Sarin (GB) lethal breathed dose 75-100mg, lethal dose for skin contact, 1,000-1,700mg.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Exactly I remember they said the WMDs were shipped to Syria.

and how do they knew about them being ready?

I actually remember that also, I remember thinking Saddam was a slippery son of a gun because while he hated Iran and Syria, he had no problem using them for his own gain when he could.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I find it strange that just over 24 hours ago, NBC came out with a piece which featured testimony from a Pentagon official saying that there is no evidence that the Syrian government has begun the process of making Sarin. What are we supposed to make of such conflicting reports? US aircraft carrier now off the coast of the Levant and now come the report of imminent chemical weapon usage... propaganda if you ask me...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matewhawk
I find it strange that just over 24 hours ago, NBC came out with a piece which featured testimony from a Pentagon official saying that there is no evidence that the Syrian government has begun the process of making Sarin. What are we supposed to make of such conflicting reports? US aircraft carrier now off the coast of the Levant and now come the report of imminent chemical weapon usage... propaganda if you ask me...

it all comes down to who you trust, or who neither.......

I dont neccessarily trust the pentagon when they come out with statements like yesterday.......

And then this comes out today............

Could be a coverup, could be misinformation from both sides, thing is we dont know..........atleast for now......

Point is, I would hate to be wrong on this in either direction.........if they do use this, who will you accuse of propaganda?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I suppose then every bit of information thats ever come out from confidential sources is untrue huh?

NO, just that it's not newsworthy until it has something to back it up. Besides rumor I mean. Citing "official" sources or "un-nameable confidants" is a clue to the motivations of the source.

Makes the story in fact lose credence.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thing is, faced with the prospect of international invasion on top of the domestic chaos he's facing, is he really likely to start using chemical weapons? He'd be signing his own death warrant... and this isn't a suicidal regime. If any chemical incident occurs, my rationale tells me it's more likely going to be a rebel-orchestrated event

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This large cargo plane was seen over Syria a day or so ago.
Is this the plane bringing in this chemical weapon by any chance?

This isnt a normal sight over Syria apparently
edit on 5-12-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join