It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Somebody explain to me, why Assad would use Chemical Weapons?

It would literally mean that NATO would kick down his door a long with anybody else who had a vested interest in taking the mantle of peace keeper.

You can't tell me he's that dumb.

" quote by a senior US official huh?"

Show me the sat photography at least. Something MORE than hearsay and perhaps I will believe you.

~Tenth

Why would Adolph Hitler gas a million or so innocent people?
Why would Idi Amin spit roast a bunch of tribespeople for brunch?
Why would Nixon tape then orchestrate the theft of incriminating tapes?
Why would Clinton sit in the oval office and be serviced by the hired help?
Jim Jones . . . Kim Jong Il . . .Pol Pot . . . Josef Stalin . . .

Hell . . . check out some of the Roman Emperors . . . they went whack-a-doodles higher than a hippie over a kettle of the chronic on their own power.

Why do those who become intoxicated with their above-mortal feelings tend to do stupid, horrific and utterly detestible things that even the most daft of human beings can see are blatantly wrong?

Because they can and they believe that they're beyond reproach, that's why and in most cases it ends up the same in the end.

Just ask Saddam Hussein . . . . oh . . . he's dead because the world pounced on his arse for that very reason.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

worldnews.nbcnew s.com

The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.

As recently as Tuesday, officials had said there was as yet no evidence that the process of mixing the "precursor" chemicals had begun. But Wednesday, they said their worst fears had been confirmed: The nerve agents were locked and loaded inside the bombs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

You can always spot the Disinfo Shill News stories, that always source "Officials" without naming a single one.. LOL .. Run Sheeple Run

Well noted.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"Adolf Hitler." Hitler, an impecunious Austrian house-painter, had been a corporal in the German army.

If properly directed and financed "Assad "could be the key to another world war

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Depends . . . some informants are trustworthy on their past performance . . . Trust me . . . a reporter doesn't go back to a well full of sulpher water a second time.

For a story of this magnitude, you can pretty much bet the source is trustworthy or the second, third and fourth level of accountability before the story goes to print or air would put it on the peg until the sources could be confirmed as trustworthy,

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Wait, I'm confused...

Just yesterday I saw this story...

No evidence Syria mixing chemical agents, Pentagon official says

There is no evidence yet that the Syrian military has actually begun the process of mixing precursor chemicals to produce deadly Sarin nerve gas, a senior defense official told NBC News on Tuesday.

According to the official, despite the increased activity around several chemical weapons sites, including truck movements in and out, it’s not even clear that the precursors have been moved from separate storage sites to one location.

and then there was this story...

Syria says would not use chemical weapons against its people

BEIRUT, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Syria would not use chemical weapons, if it had them, against its own people, the foreign ministry said in a statement on state television on Monday.

"In response to the statements of the American secretary of state, who warned Syria against using chemical weapons, Syria has stressed repeatedly that it will not use these types of weapons, if they were available, under any circumstances against its people," the statement said.

So, as stated in the beginning...I'm confused.

Yeah i noticed the same as well yesterday first NBC posts that No evidence Syria mixing chemical agents, Pentagon official says and today it quotes a nameless official whose now saying that Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order.

Sounds like a massive disinformation campaign against Syria in order to start the war in Syria.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What's interesting is how these reports began surfacing after the internet or blackout occurred last week. IMO this was a staged event by the PTB to implement it's control over Syria's information flow, and it's power to shut access to it or control it in case of an event such as this.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Matewhawk

Basically the West, the Gulf states and Turkey want him gone, and if it takes a chemical attack to force public and international support to remove him, they will do it, make no mistake

Unfortunately, that is good conjecture. Seemingly a forgone conclusion. Only thing I can do on my level is to expose the lies about the reasons why. A little tiny candle in the darkness. I see other candles out there too.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by Happy1

I think Saddam used Mustard Gas, didn't he?

You could try reading the article: "Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's forces killed 5,000 Kurds with a single sarin attack on Halabja in 1988."

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Maybe World War 3 starts on Dec. 21st, 2012?

Maybe Assad will use that date and the use of chemical weapons to start the war. Iran will get involved, the U.S., Turkey, Israel, Egypt...they will start WW3 to try and summon their 5th Immam or whatever ya call him.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think it's a story full of propaganda, lies and pro-war rah rah B.S.. Thats my opinion.

Why? Well, I looked over that very carefully to make sure I didn't miss anything. I must give the writer credit. He didn't mix-up his fantasy source of 'dire warnings of loaded bombs' with the *REAL* sources talking about the potential for Chemical weapons getting loose. Not once. Good writer or better editor, One of the two.

The thing is......When Clinton or someone else is referenced on SOLID factual information, at least as they Gov't wants it released....there is no bones made about who said what. When it's about this 'loaded threat'?? Golly... Now it's "U.S. Officials" or "Government Officials". Yeah.. I think I've met a few of those earlier in life when I drank a bit and went to bars occasionally. I think every one had at least one 'expert Government official' out at the end of the bar, willing to spill all kinds of juicy fantasy to anyone walking up.

Sorry......When they *NAME* who is saying things that could be the basis for 10's of thousands of people to be killed by our hand, AGAIN, then we can at least know if we CAN take it seriously. Until then? Well..... Those "Officials" are everywhere I tell ya and they all have a different tale to tell!

I hope Assad runs far and fast.... They WILL execute him the minute they get him.....or as soon as a kangaroo court can be assembled. Look at Saddam, Gaddafi, Mubarak and others. It's not even a guess.... Capture means death. Period. Cuba isn't safe either....he'd come TO the U.S. shores as Cuba is opening up?? Err.... not likely. His whole family has professional and working ties into the Kremlin back into the 1970's. Thats my guess if he breaks and runs. THAT may save his life. Nothing else will.

...and these days? Obama might have the moxy to try getting him inside Russia too.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Whose to say Assad isnt just as crazy?

Because he hasn't done it yet. And why not before now? Usually a psychopathic brutal dictator has this laundry list of criminal acts (see Iraq). As much as I hate to admit it, Saddam Hussein was an asshole. And he was our asshole. History will always say something needed to be done. History is written by the victors too.

Regardless, these countries which we find are in need of "regime change" for "humanitarian" reasons? I draw the line at that point. Whose worse? Some despot dictator or some country that invades, conquers and subjugates them?

We blame a "bad president" but punish the whole country (see "Sanctions").

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Syria never has. Claiming they will is libelous. Remember that word? It used to mean a lawsuit.

i completely agree with you, however, there was nothing in the post or report that said that they WOULD........

They simply reported that they were loaded........

All of this is speculation, from if he would use them, to if the report is accurate........i suppose time will tell.......

I seriously hope its wrong......and I seriously hope that until its proven, the report doesnt spur action from any other countries

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by Happy1

I think Saddam used Mustard Gas, didn't he?

You could try reading the article: "Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's forces killed 5,000 Kurds with a single sarin attack on Halabja in 1988."

According to this, he used both. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or helpful, but I apologize for not knowing exactly what chemicals were used, lol.

Has mustard gas been used against civilians?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Whose to say Assad isnt just as crazy?

Because he hasn't done it yet.

And therein lies the conundrum, bubba.

Is it wise to wait until the grain stops going to the top of the elevator, or is the 'hands-off' approach better?

Far greater minds than the one that inhabits my cranium will have to answer that one. The bottom line is, the whole thing is a sad sorry mess that will cost innocent lives and a gazillion dollars to clean up . . . if that is even possible.

I do agree with you keepin' things honest, though. That's a solid, spot-on trait of an active mind!

Kudos to you.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Another source,you decide if it's real or not.

the go-ahead Tuesday night, Dec. 4, for the deployment of Patriot surface-to-air missiles to protect Turkey against Syrian missiles, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources reported that convoys of the Syrian army’s chemical weapons units headed out of Damascus under cover of dark and turned north up the road to Aleppo. Their destination is not yet known. The convoys were ferrying self-propelled cannons for firing shells loaded with poisonous sarin gas. Syrian President Bashar Assad had evidently decided to ignore the warnings President Barack Obama issued Monday night that there would be consequences if he or anyone in Syria resorted to chemical warfare and each would be held accountable. Our sources report that the Syrian ruler is aparently gambling dangerously on the Americans holding back from attacking the convoys as long as they deploy unconventional weapons, and would only react when they are used. He is also taking advantage of the heavy winds, rain and cloud over this part of the eastern Mediterranean and counting on the weather to obstruct military operations against his chemical weapons units. By the time the weather clears some time Thursday, the units will be in place in battle formation. Meanwhile, bombing the convoys in windy weather could cause the deadly gas to spread out of control in unpredictable directions.

www.debka.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

but the more I think about it, the more I wonder why now.

Good question. If he really wanted to "kill his people", why hasn't he done it before? That question answers part of what is wrong with the claims about "bad presidents".

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Another source,you decide if it's real or not.

the go-ahead Tuesday night, Dec. 4, for the deployment of Patriot surface-to-air missiles to protect Turkey against Syrian missiles, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources reported that convoys of the Syrian army’s chemical weapons units headed out of Damascus under cover of dark and turned north up the road to Aleppo. Their destination is not yet known. The convoys were ferrying self-propelled cannons for firing shells loaded with poisonous sarin gas. Syrian President Bashar Assad had evidently decided to ignore the warnings President Barack Obama issued Monday night that there would be consequences if he or anyone in Syria resorted to chemical warfare and each would be held accountable. Our sources report that the Syrian ruler is aparently gambling dangerously on the Americans holding back from attacking the convoys as long as they deploy unconventional weapons, and would only react when they are used. He is also taking advantage of the heavy winds, rain and cloud over this part of the eastern Mediterranean and counting on the weather to obstruct military operations against his chemical weapons units. By the time the weather clears some time Thursday, the units will be in place in battle formation. Meanwhile, bombing the convoys in windy weather could cause the deadly gas to spread out of control in unpredictable directions.

www.debka.com...

debka is about as reliable as a condom that was once used as a pin cushion.

sourcerino

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
From USA Today

From USA Today

9:21PM EST December 5. 2012 - NBC News reports that Syria's military has loaded nerve-gas chemicals into bombs and is awaiting final orders from President Bashar Assad. U.S. officials confirmed Wednesday to NBC that bombs had been filled with precursors for deadly sarin but that they had yet been loaded onto planes. On Tuesday, officials said there was no evidence the process had begun. On Monday, a senior Pentagon official told the Associated Press that U.S. intelligence had detected movement of chemical weapon components at one site. Fox News cites a senior U.S. official as saying the bombs must be used within 60 days or the chemical expires and must be destroyed. At least three facilities produce Syria's chemical weapons, according to Global Security. They are located near Damascus, Hama, and Safira, near Aleppo, the heart of the opposition. President Obama warned Assad of "consequences" if chemical weapons are used against rebellious Syrians.

www.usatoday.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

Looks like its on folks...

Sorry folks my first go at this...

edit on 5-12-2012 by TheSep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just dug this out from an archive I had of links for "historic" stuff...as so many today think of a decade ago. Anyway, I'd just beg everyone in the public.....don't buy this until or unless a name...a real name...is put behind it. A real U.S. Official is REALLY saying ...publicly...that it's true.

Remember Benghazi guys??? Rice isn't responsible for lying about it.. Panetta isn't responsible for doing nothing... Clinton isn't responsible for State not supporting them for the months prior and after a wall was blown out by terrorist attack. The only one getting any blame, and it's implied, is a disgraced former General who happened to be at CIA with a years worth of bad decisions at State came to a head. The problem? NO ONE is responsible....even with names ARE known for THAT one (and people ask why Libya matters.. this is why)

Now here is that material I brought to support my strong opinions on this:

THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA - Clinton Era Intelligence Estimates

That is a document at the site for the Federation of American Scientists (fas.org) They are the same folks quoted all over media and other places with stats, figures and general information about a little of everything of a geopolitical nature. It represents, among other things. intelligence estimates under Clinton of places like Iraq, Libya and others. Now many years have passed and wars started over documents like that one. Wars where we now KNOW what was true in there and what wasn't.

Please read that over...before supporting this insanity in Syria. It's not as simple as it seems and the media isn't telling the half of it. I won't believe a thing coming out of the terrorists calling themselves the FSA. Period. That is to believe the same people our military has been FIGHTING in other areas of the region. It's Libya all over again for that.

No, I basically need the President to have an Oval Office Speech for all the certainty AND responsibility in outcome that entails for what follows. (He wouldn't even know what those are.....Past Presidents all had some..he can review if needed) No way another "regime change" should happen where anyone weasels out later.. (He wouldn't even know what those are.....Past Presidents all had some..he can review if needed)
edit on 5-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Sorry Guys.... I dropped the date reference because this was produce under Secretary of Defense Cohen.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

debka is about as reliable as a condom that was once used as a pin cushion.

Could be so.
I view that site also with a grain of salt,but sometimes they get it right.

BTW,do you have any sources that you rely on for news from the middle east?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join