It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this soho image of concern imaged on dec 4th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry dude....your images are for the wrong date. The ones you put up are from October. However, the images in question that I mentioned may not be "identical" but "near identical".

Still.....you should check out the CORRECT images.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

Whups. I changed directories when I downloaded the images. How's this?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did change to "near exact", still does not change the fact that the image time stamped at 12:30 "does not belong".

These are the images directly downloaded from SOHO, that I mentioned:
img.abovetopsecret.com...

Though sequential by timestamp....they are not sequential in event. That makes me pause to wonder.

Most logical explanation is that it is human error but the skeptic in me has a hard time buying that.
edit on 12/5/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: fix image

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Not human error. A software problem. There seems to have been a buffer overlap. The data from 12:30 was partially overwritten by that from 16:30. I've seen it happen before.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Told you Phage would save the day

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i dont know if im alowed to link websites but,

according to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov... we got a big one coming
edit on 5-12-2012 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasvegasteddy

Originally posted by winofiend
While I'm not an scientist or an brain surgeon, I do have an idea. It's that this is not even that big looking.

I could be wrong, it's known to occur.

I think we'll be ok. As drastic as that sounds.

gave ya a star as you always seem to be a voice of reason

So your basically asking people to star and flag you? In two of your first four posts on this thread you do not mention the actual topic you seem to be concerned with "flags" and "stars". I am pretty sure yesterday was the 4th.. if something major had gone wrong with our Sun we would not have made it to the 5th. In fact I am positive of it. But yea please keep guessing blindly about something clearly you are not even close to an expert about.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Daniel papers that have been revealed recently mention the sun going dark as the surface of it will be moving at faster than the speed of light.

Could this be what we are possibly seeing? If the surface was "moving" at FTL speeds, would we be able to see it in our visible spectrum?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Originally posted by lasvegasteddy

Originally posted by winofiend
While I'm not an scientist or an brain surgeon, I do have an idea. It's that this is not even that big looking.

I could be wrong, it's known to occur.

I think we'll be ok. As drastic as that sounds.

gave ya a star as you always seem to be a voice of reason

So your basically asking people to star and flag you? In two of your first four posts on this thread you do not mention the actual topic you seem to be concerned with "flags" and "stars". I am pretty sure yesterday was the 4th.. if something major had gone wrong with our Sun we would not have made it to the 5th. In fact I am positive of it. But yea please keep guessing blindly about something clearly you are not even close to an expert about.

"So your basically asking people to star and flag you?"

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
S+F for the pics, OP. I'm no scientist nor expert but I've seen thousands of SOHO images and the ones you posted are very intriguing and somewhat scary, if that's no glitch in the camera. I have found a youtube video showing something very similar and even more dramatic, from 2011:

I'm more inclined to think that the OP pics could be a glitch (same as the youtube video) but...who knows?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

don't sweat it, mate. you'll need thicker skin around these parts, however. anonymity seems to bring out 'la tigre' in some folks.

thanks for the curious thread. there was some astrological conjunction of the 4th between saturn, venus & mercury that supposedly aligned with the pyramids of giza... so there's that as well.

this is an astronomer's article on the subject, and he indeed debunks some of the hype of the alignment, but non-the-less, all 3 planets were aligned and could be seen forming a "line" over the pyramids. i am looking for a legitimate photo of it, but haven't had luck.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...
edit on 5-12-2012 by mythos because: oops

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
here's something to consider...remember how every ancient civilization kept of talking about 3 days of darkness, well this event with the sun gave me 2 interpretations/insights into what they meant.

1= the sun periodically has its "lights out moment" at certain dates, like yesterday, with 1/3 or so of its light going off until there's none, then 3 days of darkness hit, then it comes back again.

2=3 days of darkness, cause the sun has its light "turn off" 3 times, but is actually partially, thus 3 days..of darkness..as in partial darkness

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StrawHatBrian

like yesterday, with 1/3 or so of its light going off until there's none
Except it didn't.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Nice catches, on both accounts, 3 sis.

Phage...that explanation/excuse...weak.
It reminds me of an old saying that goes something like : If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe 'something' is sucking the energy from the Sun?
It's happened before. I think BPeeoilspill youtuber has an archive of Sun anomalies and I remember one where the Sun went out.

That 'something' could be very dense and black but could become a second sun and even two jets come from its horizon.

That is what I think and actually know.

Read 'Doomsday ahead'.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

The dark area is an area of relatively low activity from the Sun, combined with the fact that there is higher (brighter) activity in other areas. The brighter regions cause the lesser active region to darken (SOHO can't go brighter, so the non-bright areas go darker).

Here's a similar (though much smaller) darkening effect during a bright CME:

This seems to be the explanation that makes the most sense.

If I am interpreting it correctly, this means that the sun did not actually go dark at all.
There was just a very bright flare from the sun, that gave the illusion of darkness to the less bright areas, just because it was overshadowed by the brightness, and the camera was compensating.

I just want to make sure I interpreted that correctly (?), because so many still seem to be saying that the sun actually went dark.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've seen this posted elsewhere as well. My interpretation of this anomaly is that there
is one huge sunspot on the far side of the sun right now. In my opinion, that would account
as to why there is lack of light on the right side of OPs pictures.

That has been my opinion since a day or so ago when I first heard about this. Which could
be possible, but i'm not sure how fast sun spots could grow. If they have the ability to grow very large in a short amount of time then this could account for the anomaly. Of course, I know of no sunspots that have swelled to the size that this sunspot would have had to have grown to even block out that amount of light that is missing from the picture.

And of course, it could just be soho glitching.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

SOHO is a cover up. They try to make us think the sun is blue, green, or whatever other colors.

The sun is big and it's hot. It's very bright and kind of like a fireball. I know what the sun looks like and I know if we can get a fuel line to it we would be energy independent for life. The only question is how to we make a fuel line long enough to reach it and pump all of its fire into our car engines?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnholyBones
I've seen this posted elsewhere as well. My interpretation of this anomaly is that there
is one huge sunspot on the far side of the sun right now.

Nope. The STEREO spacecraft are looking at the far side of the Sun.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
edit on 12/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
it looks 'dark' but what is the actual range of the light-scale being used? It could be tuned to show minor changes in an exaggerated way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join