It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Panic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There may be a million speculations out there about what will happen in the last ten days of this year, but the simple fact is this - it is impossible for you or I to sort through the speculations and find truth. The best you can do for yourself and your family is this - don't panic.

Having said that, I'd like this thread to contain only things that are verifiably true - events that actually happen or are scheduled to happen, things that you witness or have excellent sources for. I have no idea if anything significant will happen or what significant means, or what effect any of that will have. All I can do is emphasize the importance of keeping calm and carrying on, as best you can.

I view possible TEOTWAWKI scenarios as being divided roughly into three major groups.

Group One - Extraterrestrial.

Not necessarily aliens, though alien would be included in this, any extraterrestrial threat would be something outside our own biosphere. Could be Sun-related events, or asteroids, or yes, invasion by an alien species, or revelation of such. Demolition of the earth to create an interstellar bypass.. etc.

Group Two - Terrestrial.

Terrestrial, I would classify as Mother Nature - floods, famine, earthquakes, volcanoes, wildfires, pandemic etc. Anything that is not immediately human caused. Puterman is doing an excellent job of tracking this category over in Fragile Earth, so I'm mostly going to leave that alone.

Group Three - Humanity

This category includes anything that is immediately human based, e.g. economic collapse, any variety of warfare, bioterrorism, chemical attacks, food or water shortages, human caused EMPS, zombies.

My goal with this thread is to attempt to track mostly the third group, with sprinklings from the other two if they occur. I'm not going to speculate as to outcomes, only state actual facts as clearly as possible. Please feel free to join in. If something occurs near enough for you to check it out safely, do so if possible, and document as carefully as you are able. The biggest killer in any disaster is not the disaster itself, it is fear and uncertainty. Indeed, fear and uncertainty could end up being the only disaster that occurs, so by doing our best to stay calm and react only to factual information, we should be better off.

Remember, the information out there may be infinite (practically) or absurd, or mostly incorrect, but Doug Adams had it right.. DON'T PANIC.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

this whole 2012 myth is just an diversion from real problems humanity is facing right now...
don't be a full and fall for it, nothing will happen

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma

this whole 2012 myth is just an diversion from real problems humanity is facing right now...
don't be a full and fall for it, nothing will happen

man, i hate acting like a full...

i also believe nothing will happen, besides the possibility of people causing a self fullfilling prophecy and "making" something happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Did I state that I thought anything would happen? I'm specifically talking about any actual factual things that happen, NOT speculation. It's hardly foolish to want to look only at evidence, not at hyperbole.

Just because other things in the past have not happened, by the way, it's not necessarily the case that nothing will happen.

For example, imagine you're a chicken. You live on a nice free range farm. The farmer is your friend, brings you food every day. Clearly this will always be the case, at least, from the perception of the chicken.

Then one day the farmer cuts off his head. Just because it hasn't happened before, does not mean that it can't.

The purpose of this thread is to focus solely on factual data, so that those people who are panicking, have something concrete to hold on to.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm not completely clear. It seems that you're setting up a thread to collect reports over the next eight or nine days. Those reports should contain evidence that we are leading up to a significant catastrophe. So if I saw an article asking a skin head group to be prepared for the 21st, I would report that?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

sure... the possibility something could happen is always there, for everyone of us.
you could be hit by a bus or hit by a meteor... or just fall dead from a strike, whatever
I just can't see people talking about the end of the world as they do right now.
what will happen, will happen and "we" can not change it for the whole world just talking about it over and over again.
If the extinction of earth's live even comes from humans, thous who cause it don't believe in 2012 anyway !!

prophecies, religious believes and other brain function related fears is a humbug that has nothing to do with the real future that will come !!!

but you are right, thous possibilities you've listed exist, even if only in your brain and on the paper now... (no offense)

sorry for spamming your thread with this, but think about what you're asking for. I fact you ask people to report on something related to 2012's end of the world... so you ask thous "crazy believers" to see even more evidence that are not there at all.

edit on 5-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If the source is verifiable and trustworthy - i.e. not a fear mongery or spin happy, absolutely. I'm also considering things like scheduled events - especially things that would be attended by large numbers of people, since it's possible those could descend into riots with very little provocation.

As for the dude that has spelling issues - you realize you're just espousing your beliefs, right? This is about fact, things that you can prove with say 80% reliability. If you can prove absolutely nothing will happen in the next three weeks, go ahead and do so.

There are plenty of possibilities, including the possibility of things like mass suicides or riots because of fear - self-fulfilling prophecies. I'm not making any judgement that things will happen, I'm not making any judgment that things are not. I'm simply wishing to discuss those things which do, or ARE happening.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Well, one weakness that we have is reliance on the internet and electronics, especially networking devices. Those could be shut down in numerous ways. Another weakness would be the American economy / world economy. A third weakness (for the future) would be global warming causing unsafe living conditions near the shoreline (where most major cities are).

If the ocean heats up even 2 degrees Celsius, that thermal energy is converted to more powerful hurricanes. Rising sea levels could also be a problem. I would expect this to be a major issue in 80 years or so.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Hi Inanna well said Panic never gets the job completed... Information...Knowledge...A Plan will always suffice..

With that said I will go with the 'Terrestrial" approach. When and If sh...t hits the fan you can always count on weather, animals, data to connect the dots..

With more earthquakes rocking the world today that is a sure sign of solar bursts and magnetic disturbances see data : .quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Solar Flares more extreme and our Ionosphere weak causing more Aurora borealis in strange places see alerts data:
www.sidc.be...

Lets factor in the Milky alignment every 26,000 yrs, happening in 2012-2013 with it's black hole that has scientist raising their eyebrows about 12-21-2012 (galactic alignment) with our solar system do they really know what power this may have upon the earth or a possible Polar/Axis Shift.(Magnetic Energy) is involved from many sources that can have an affect unknown to many.Solar flares may cause CME or EMP.

www.youtube.com... not that I trust Fox but follow the data just saying

Not that I trust our gov especially after their post yesterday (NASA posted why the world wont end) that makes me extra worried j/k
data :
www.nasa.gov...

Approaching Asteroid DA 14 Feb. 2013

The Animals and their deaths also play into what is going on .. Minus the heading on my link the data speaks for itself with numerous animal deaths. see data : scroll down to 'mass animal deaths section' data:
www.end-times-prophecy.org...

I'm not fear mongering but the data seems to be sending a different message that something may happen soon.
Best to all...
edit on 5-12-2012 by trinityalways because: forgot link the other link was broke

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Awwww you forgot Solar Flares emp or cme that can cause a major black out like in the 1800's when we were iddy-biddy society..

data:
socioecohistory.wordpress.com...
edit on 5-12-2012 by trinityalways because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
hmm i hope that something good happens. like amelia earhart coming out of a time bending wormhole with some kind of technology to create free energy, or some kind of renaissance happening so fast that consciousness explodes like an emerald dwarf. i mean nothing might happen or people will probably end it all. i mean yeah people can be dicks sometimes but maybe everybody can be cool with eachother

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

edit on 5-12-2012 by trinityalways because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

I don't have more than a vague feeling that I might understand what you're talking about.

Maybe you should wait to post when the OP has it up more than 2 hours be real skin head , you want data go get it yourself otherwise read and learn. oh ya good luck withya
The OP said I was right. I have no idea why anyone should wait, do you think she (or he) will add further instructions? Do you think I'm a skin head? Which example did you think I should choose?

What are you trying to say?

new topics

top topics

join