It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown object passing through while filming the moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ATS,

So, my Dad was filming the moon with a crappy camera, it was the last full moon we had on the 30th Nov. The camera is a Panasonic Model: PV-L153D-K. He zoomed in and you can't really see any details on the moon other than it brightness and shape. However, after reviewing the tape he noticed a light source appearing from the right travelling to the left which covers the moon and it disappears as it passes in front of the moon.

I am no expert on this things, but at first I thought I saw wings flapping but after studying the video I realized that it was the lack of light as it passes by the moon that creates the "flapping" effect. I then tried to play with some light effects or anything that would help to see something a bit more than just a light. The video shows the emboss effect and this is what I notice:

If you guys have any input please let us know.

I know that the moon doesn't look round, but I began by saying crappy camera.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

the first thing to see in the video is the moon, right ? if so, i wonder why the moon changes size after this unknown object has passed through.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Interesting. Would like to see what others think? Sure doesn't look like it has wings. And doesn't look like a fast Chinese lantern, flare or skydiver.

Maybe it's a rocket?
edit on 4-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think it may be a bug or a bird. When traveling at the speed it is traveling at, the camera has a hard time picking up smaller details like wings.

Just a guess though, cool video OP.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Can't watch Video at this moment... but..

But, do you often see the night sky or film it?

Because, there always lot of things moving and falling in the night sky, people just don;t look at it, when they do, they think its something mysterious.

I saw couple of things that baffled me....

it was a slow moving bright object, very far in the sky, size of a star, no lights... it was slowly mvoing, then just jolted out of sky...

my best bet was a meteor, that came in an angle(look slow), went fast when it went past earth earth(zoom).

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i too am curious as to why the moon seems to shrink, for lack of proper vernacular.

but other than that, OP, interesting video.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

My guess (and this is just my guess) that the camera was trying to refocus on the moon brightness after it was interrupted by the passing "thing".

I got another camera and pointed zoomed in at a light in the house, had my hands pass through between the light and the camera and it had the same effect, but then again could be a fluke.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

indeed, that was the only explanation that made sense to me as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I see a video of a light , when I downloaded and watched it in slow motion I can also see something moves across the camera view at 8 seconds, close to the camera , the white light is attached to the something that passes quickly in front of the camera and that something also blots out the Moon briefly .

Sorry but I'm not even convinced that's the Moon .

edit on 4-12-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
wait.

i just realized something painfully obvious:

why is the youtube video titled: UnKnown Light source?

one must assume the lightsource in reference is the moon... but why is it unknown?

has me a bit confused there, just saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It's the moon as op stated, taken with crappy camera.
Best guess is airplane obstructing the view.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Well, I am. I am not here to lie to people or make a video to get people sucked in into seeing something that's not there. If you look at the video you can see a star on the top left corner of the moon, it's out of focus but you can make out a star.

Just like you I am skeptic when it comes to blurry videos, filmed at night and something appearing briefly. Unfortunately, I know the guy who filmed it (my Dad) and he is not the type who will bother to create something like this for fun.

I wouldn't be posting anything if I already knew it was a hoax or if I would have had any slight idea that was a bird, lantern, flare, etc.

Thank for your thoughts though!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
i too am curious as to why the moon seems to shrink, for lack of proper vernacular.

but other than that, OP, interesting video.

I noticed that too last night. The moon looked like it got squashed or something.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It' because keyword 'unknown' gather more attention than word 'known' maybe?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I uploaded that video and the reason for the "Unknown light source" title, is due to not knowing what it is. The light source that appears to the right of the moon. I am not going to title it "UFO passing in front of the moon" because I don't know what it is.

By the definition of the acronym UFO (Unidentified Flying Object), I guess that would have been appropriate but I hate titling something as that, because to me that implies an object from another world.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

i see.

very misleading. the video title makes it seem as though the moon is the Unknown light source.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thanks for the feedback, I changed the title and explained what the first bright light is for those reading the comments on it.

Note: I meant the title of the video on YT.
edit on 4-12-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
...lol

Gonna go ahead and say bug.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sheesh did you study philosophy?
Something bright went in front of the camera... its obvious

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Something bright went in front of the camera... its obvious

what is your point?

when did i say nothing went in front of the camera?

all i said was the youtube video title was a bit misleading at first.

Sheesh did you study philosophy?

a bit. what has that got to do with this thread?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join