It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie in Medicine: The Cholesterol Conspiracy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

He has published reports in journals for a long time.

He cites hundreds of studies in his claims.

The guy spent a lot of time researching everything he talks about before making any of the claims.

You could do the same thing as this guy, if you learned the science, and poured through the scientific literature.

Anyone with decent intellect can.

I've poured through at least 1,000 studies in the last decade relating to many different things.

You begin to realize that many of the methodology, statistical reports, or conclusions are ....off, either biased, else completely false. I first found this out when looking through studies that were talking about the effects of fluoride in the water supply.

The conclusions were ....bizarre in one particular study, and complete assumptions not evidenced in the data.

Once you learn how to discern the jargon from reality, you begin to see a picture emerging of industry funding reports in order to keep pushing their drugs to keep making a profit, else independent studies which aren't "politically correct" and are usually only accepted in "alternative" journals. That's because the state is pwned by the corporate interests.

You don't believe me? Good. Go do your own homework. I'm off to make some dinner.

/thread
edit on 4-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here's everything you might want to know about just how bad statin drugs can be. Read it and weep

www.spacedoc.com...

Now read this:

www.lef.org...

Medical dogma takes a long time to change.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I always enjoy reading your comments and really enjoyed reading this thread. s&f!
Please keep up the good work

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's an oxymoron of we need it for vital organs/blood (like saturated fat with hair etc).... but.... it's 'not' good for us.

That's why chicken is the ultimate food because it has cholesterol in it but the lowest amount.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
We need saturated fat for vital organs and hair but too much of (good or bad type) like cholesterol is 'bad'.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
We need none of the bad cholesterol.... and some of the good cholesterol.... we need some of the good saturated fat and none of the bad saturated fat.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Well, Summer, people in that age group grew up believing that doctors, lawyers, etc., were high up on the social totem pole, they were somehow smarter and better than the average person, and they could do no wrong.

I think our history in the past 50 years has shown that this is no longer the case. But I can see why they still hold on to the notion.

I remember we had a family doctor back in the mid 60s who still made house calls, and was a very good doc. He made a good living, but didn't live like a millionaire.

My mother-in-law is the same way. She got put on statins last year, and she was very healthy for being 87 years old. Her mind seems to be going now, and she's having all kinds of weird health problems that she didn't used to have. Her doctors put her on statins, and told her not to take any more vitamins.

We're very worried about her, but any discussion about her going against her doctor's advice is ignored. In my mind, her doctor took a very active, vibrant eldery woman, and is turning her into an invalid. It literally starting happening a few months after taking statins.

That generation worships doctors. But there are no more Marcus Welby, MDs out there anymore. I wish I could make her see that.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

S&F~!

yes...

I have a family member who is a physical Therapist and he said that 30% of our Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body itself,,,NOT from what from what we eat directly ..

ETA: yes.. we're being farmed.. grrrr plain and simple
edit on 4-12-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Actually saturated fat just comes under 'bad' fat but we need it to make all the stuff we need it to make.... but it's 'bad' on performance.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i'm with ya sista!! i was just talking to my wife about this very issue. i have, for the thrid time now, not gone in for my cholesterol tests my Doctor so eagerly pushes. he had me on statins for about 4 months until i said hell no, they made my forgetfulness rise markedly and gave me aches and pains like nothing else. i have never had heart disease problem's anytime in my entire life nor has anyone on both sides of my lineage and we all have high cholesterol.

Good for you. He thought having you on statins were more important than you feeling whole, just sad. Why would they do this? They get money from prescribing those drugs so the money outweighs their patients good health, sad but true.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

"Industry funded reports" obviously have a conflict of interest, as anything they discover that discredits the industry they work for will not be published.

As has been pointed out, studies cost money. The money has to come from somewhere, and research grants are not given to those who study anything that does not parrot the official story.

Funding of research by private companies is mainly motivated by profit, and are much less likely than governments to fund research projects solely for the sake of knowledge. The profit incentive causes researchers to concentrate their energies on projects which are perceived as likely to generate profits.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also from the same source:

According to OECD, around two-thirds of research and development in scientific and technical fields is carried out by industries, and 20% and 10% respectively by universities and government.

So, 70% of research is carried out by private companies, with the main motivation being profit.

So much for science being untainted by the profit motive!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deometer
Great OP, I wish these videos would've been included in it (since this seems to be getting so much attention):

The Oiling of America

How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic

I wanted to bump this post because it has two awesome videos in it! Truly shocking, eye-opening, and sad. Anybody who watches these and doesn't get mad must have taken too many statins.

Thanks again to deometer for these. I had to keep my focus narrow on the original OP because my main contention was that TPTB know that cholesterol is not the enemy, it is necessary, so the fact that they are pushing statins, and even advocating placing it in the water supply, makes me think that it is conspiratorial in nature.

I have gotten so many good links and things from this thread, it's going to take me a long time to go through them all, but it has been an education and a half! Seriously important, as this affects EVERYBODY.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I find the studies carried out by universities to be very good. The students and professors are naive about this much of the time. These universities publish a lot of their work online, I run in to it all the time. If something makes it to the news and contains anything that may be bad to their contributors, which Pharma companies always do, the University often says their testing was flawed some way. Then the article disappears. Universities are starting to get wiser and professors are being told what parameters they are allowed to research so it doesn't interfere with the medical or pharma companies. I doubt if there will be any proof of what I am saying so lets just call this post a fantasy or hoax..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Don't eat white refined flour.

Don't eat white refined sugar.

Remember that white food is bad food.

Read labels and learn about what you consume.

ANYTHING you put in your body will affect you... remember this!

Exercise aerobically regularly. Take care of your body. You only get one.

Use supplements, you cannot get the nutrients you need to stay healthy with our food supply.

Take vitamin D during cold and winter time. Remember you must have 20 minutes of sun time sans sunscreen in order to get enough vitamin D to remain healthy. If you are sick all the time you are deficient.

Learn about the body's acid/alkaline balance. An acidic body is an unhealthy body.

If you are presently lazy, depressed, overweight and feeling fuzzy and cloudy this is your chance to turn your health around. The OP has it right.

These drugs are poison.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ii have submitted an email to my local joint that is a food distribution for the poor and also has a "heath" clinic. I am an RN and have volunteered to teach nutrition.

Not a word back.

I know they read that email address. Before asking about volunteer opportunities I made a large donation. I immediatlty received a respnse from a live person thanking me. From the email address I addressed asking about opportunities to tach nutrition (on their website they sahy they have "nutrition counseling").

Perhaps they are not interested in having someone teach nutrition to these that really need it.

Maybe to them "health clinical for the poor with no insurance" means "vaccinations and medication samples" and not "how to get yourself healthy so you don't need our services".

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

No, this isn't a fantasy. Corporate funding of university studies inhibit real and true scientific research.

www.aaup.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Awesome post, Aphrodite. Everything you wrote is absolutely right on the money.

White food is bad food...love it....easy to remember, and very true.

Some people are overwhelmed in life, and find making changes way too hard. As far as I'm concerned, having a heart attack, a stroke, or cancer is much harder.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
Ii have submitted an email to my local joint that is a food distribution for the poor and also has a "heath" clinic. I am an RN and have volunteered to teach nutrition.

Not a word back.

I know they read that email address. Before asking about volunteer opportunities I made a large donation. I immediatlty received a respnse from a live person thanking me. From the email address I addressed asking about opportunities to tach nutrition (on their website they sahy they have "nutrition counseling").

Perhaps they are not interested in having someone teach nutrition to these that really need it.

Maybe to them "health clinical for the poor with no insurance" means "vaccinations and medication samples" and not "how to get yourself healthy so you don't need our services".

I think you're right.....they don't want actual nutrition counseling. They want vaccinations, and don't want any of those poor folks to realize that the food they're passing out is garbage. Processed stuff, devoid of vitamins, that will only make them fatter, more tired, and more reliant on government assistance.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Same here! Your mother-in-law sounds very much like my dad. I don't get to see him often but just speaking to him on the phone I can tell some thing is a miss. He is going down hill since starting this drug. How sad. One day we will see commercials for this drug from the attorneys saying, "if you had a family member on this drug you may be entitled to damages" - sadly, I believe it will be much to late for some.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yes. This is a lie. By using substitutes like Margerine and hydrogenated veg. oils we have increased the incidence of more Diabetes 2 since these substitute fats lead to cell walls unable to pass glucose and sugars into the cell for processing , Thus increasing the amount of sugar in the blood and overwelming the Pancrease and the Isles of Langerhans.The cell wall is made from the fats and oils we eat.Eat fish oil . This will reverse Diabetes 2.But Fish oil is all contaminated with Mercury, Cadmium and other heavy metals, like lead. So, were done for if all the fish disappear from the oceans.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join