It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie in Medicine: The Cholesterol Conspiracy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
HAHAHAHA, you call me an idiot in a PM, yet you're using Alex Jones as a source.
Look in the mirror before you call anyone an idiot.

Discussion of anything written within a PM is against T & C.

I gave you full reasoning for my claim that your reasoning was idiotic.

You will no longer be fed by me from this point on.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The above was not toward you... only my original post. The rest was toward the other ATS member that debated with me for a couple of pages. There is nothing wrong with going against the status quo; however, there is something seriously wrong when people start saying that they speak the truth and have no solid foundations for their claims. It is sort of like someone saying that the sky is purple and fighting and contesting that it is and getting people who claim that they are authorities and that the sky is purple; well, when we test the validity of what they are saying and attack the foundations we find that it is indeed not true. The foundations are incredibly weak and yet they convince thousands that the claims they make are true. I am all for going all natural, but when natural products do not work people need to listen to doctors and not discredit them. I have heard this idea before, so I was not surprised to see it again.You did not hit a nerve at all, do not credit yourself too much. I was simply debating with UnityEmissions. My only comment to you was my original post. Although, I do have a duty and I take that very seriously.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
thanx for bringing this to our attention! I'm not surprised they wish to dope us down more with other chemicals to make us even more stupid! Since the recent interest in finding out facts and truth TPTB must be worried about revolution and this seems to be an easy fix to our curiosity! Though I don't expect the general public to ever come around to bringing down the elitist scum that cause humanities enslavement! I do expect them to ramp up the war against truth and dissent! How far this will go is anyones guess! Maybe this will be the new flouride! Since so many of us are now against the addition of flouride to our food and water supplies! God help us if TPTB ever figure out that no matter what they do to us, most of us will refuse to believe that our leaders are evil selfish narcissists!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I got tired of feeding it over an hour ago. Some people are just thread cutters, they exist to cut down, put down, and add nothing of substance.

You tried to be reasonable, but it doesn't always work.

In any case, I'm surprised at the contentious nature of this thread. It has been a learning experience, for sure!

This may be another instance of a polarizing issue, with people on both sides vehemently disagreeing with the other side. However, I thought it was worth putting out there. If it causes people to take their health more seriously, and question why drugs with nasty side effects are being prescribed like candy, then it was worth it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The above was not toward you... only my original post. The rest was toward the other ATS member that debated with me for a couple of pages. There is nothing wrong with going against the status quo; however, there is something seriously wrong when people start saying that they speak the truth and have no solid foundations for their claims.

How are you not doing the same? You claimed that Dr Blaylock was a charlatan, yet also made it clear that you would not review his material, or the sources of his claims from the studies which he referenced. How can you claim that there is "no solid foundations for their claims" in light of this?
edit on 4-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Please see back like two pages when I covered Russell Blaylock. I made it pretty clear...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

the problem with your metaphor of course is that every person with working vision can observe the (not purple) sky for themselves and thus, anyone at all can be an expert in sky color.

likewise, everyone here has a body.... which makes everyone an expert in their own personal health. that is all I see going on here. experts talking with other experts. no appeal to authority needed.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well this explains why fathers' memory has become so bad in the past year. He was put on Statin after a heart issue. I am and always have been very natural. My mother believes every thing the Dr tell her/them. I just called her to inquire if my dad was put on this in the past year or so. She informed me he was and "it is what is keeping him alive". SIGH....they are both 80 and there is no way that she is going to do any thing against what the Dr tells them is best. But this sure does explain his sudden memory issue that began shortly after being started on this. Before that he was sharp as a tack.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

My father has high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and was put on statins in his early 40's. He started having trouble concentrating and issues with his memory shortly after. It's gotten worse each year, and this is a guy who tested high enough on the ASVAB in high school to be offered a position as a Navy Nuke.

I've heard far too many stories of similar happenings to ever be put on these things. Luckily, I found out that he was having muscle cramps, and immediately purchased him both varieties of CoQ10. These muscle cramps were directly related to low levels within his muscles, as it went away within 48 hours of starting to take them, and hasn't returned.

To my understanding, the only major sign of CoQ10 depletion before heart failure is your muscles cramping. Might have added some years to his life with that catch.

BTW: I found this out through reading Dr. Russell Blaylock's newsletter.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by summer5

My father has high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and was put on statins in his early 40's. He started having trouble concentrating and issues with his memory shortly after. It's gotten worse each year, and this is a guy who tested high enough on the ASVAB in high school to be offered a position as a Navy Nuke.

I've heard far too many stories of similar happenings to ever be put on these things. Luckily, I found out that he was having muscle cramps, and immediately purchased him both varieties of CoQ10. These muscle cramps were directly related to low levels within his muscles, as it went away within 48 hours of starting to take them, and hasn't returned.

To my understanding, the only major sign of CoQ10 depletion before heart failure is your muscles cramping. Might have added some years to his life with that catch.

BTW: I found this out through reading Dr. Russell Blaylock's newsletter.

CoQ10 is great for heart health. It's no secret.
But why do you assume it's the statin that caused decreased levels of CoQ10?
He had high cholesterol. Maybe the cholesterol is the cause for the decreased levels of CoQ10?

Without proper experimentation, you can not make the claim that the statin caused it.

There's a reason anecdotes and case studies are bad scientific evidence.....that's partly what I meant when I said "Learn science."

Just because someone here said their grandpa had memory problems after taking statins, doesn't mean it's a common side effect, or that the statins cause memory problems.
Multiple studies shows that it is a rare side effect.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Because I know the specific statin he's on, and have already done the homework. You assume I assume.

Link

Conclusions Even brief exposure to atorvastatin causes a marked decrease in blood CoQ10 concentration. Widespread inhibition of CoQ10 synthesis could explain the most commonly reported adverse effects of statins, especially exercise intolerance, myalgia, and myoglobinuria.

You show me how this is "rare".

I'm calling shenanigans.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well I was wrong about the Q10 part, BUT I did not say it was a rare side effect.

I'm sure the memory part is correct though, which is what I said, I can't link it because it requires a subscription. The side effect of memory problems is just a rare side effect.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The side effect is because the cholesterol level has been lowered to such an extent that the brain can no longer deal with the inflammation effectively. This has been covered in the above video I linked from Dr Blaylock. He reasons that there are underlying causes for the inflammation, and increasing cholesterol levels in the blood is a means to combat this inflammation. It may cause other problems down the line, but apparently your body thinks it's worth it.

In most people, the levels are not lowered to such an extent as to cause noticeable problems. I would suggest that most, if not all patients which are experiencing cognitive decline on statins would show these below norm levels of cholesterol in their blood. They are hyper-responsive to the treatment. It should be lowered, or discontinued.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

you obviously know quite a bit about science, but I'm sorry a youtube video of a guest for Alex Jones isn't reliable evidence.
In fact, there's a lesser chance of me believing it if it's on his show.

Look, if there's inflammation of the brain, that's serious business. I highly doubt cholesterol is some wonder molecule that reduces inflammation of the brain.

Alex Jones has been proven to be a liar countless times. I don't trust anything he's pushing. He works with fear. "they're coming to put you in FEMA camps anyday, buy my stuff!"
Alex Jones said he had insider knowledge that we were going to attack Iran in less than a year.....he said that 4 years ago!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The side effect is because the cholesterol level has been lowered to such an extent that the brain can no longer deal with the inflammation effectively. This has been covered in the above video I linked from Dr Blaylock. He reasons that there are underlying causes for the inflammation, and increasing cholesterol levels in the blood is a means to combat this inflammation. It may cause other problems down the line, but apparently your body thinks it's worth it.

In most people, the levels are not lowered to such an extent as to cause noticeable problems. I would suggest that most, if not all patients which are experiencing cognitive decline on statins would show these below norm levels of cholesterol in their blood. They are hyper-responsive to the treatment. It should be lowered, or discontinued.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I will try to see if she (my mother) will at least give him the Q10, but I highly doubt it. You know some thing else I just thought of, his fat in take is very low. Mainly because my mom has him on a "fat free" diet due to the Dr recommendations. No butter - margarine (Oh THAT'S better)..no oils, every thing "fat free". I tried to get her to read a book I had on virgin coconut oil and she wouldn't hear of allowing my father to have that. Between his fat free diet and this drug (among others) I have no doubt that these are causing many issues with his poor memory.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Alex Jones has been proven to be a liar countless times. I don't trust anything he's pushing. He works with fear. "they're coming to put you in FEMA camps anyday, buy my stuff!"
Alex Jones said he had insider knowledge that we were going to attack Iran in less than a year.....he said that 4 years ago!

I don't disagree with this assessment in the least.

Many of his guests, including Dr Blaylock, often has to simply not reply directly to the bizarre accusations Alex tries to implant on top of what the guests are saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Oh, my gosh, you have noticed, yes, yes, I always laugh at the reps also, when I see them either the men are overly nice looking and the women are actually quite Attractive.

But then again sex still sells, right? ir is pills what is the intended target to be sold.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I will try to see if she (my mother) will at least give him the Q10, but I highly doubt it. You know some thing else I just thought of, his fat in take is very low. Mainly because my mom has him on a "fat free" diet due to the Dr recommendations. No butter - margarine (Oh THAT'S better)..no oils, every thing "fat free". I tried to get her to read a book I had on virgin coconut oil and she wouldn't hear of allowing my father to have that. Between his fat free diet and this drug (among others) I have no doubt that these are causing many issues with his poor memory.

Just tell her Q10 is a molecule every single cell in the human body uses, and it's safe.
you should probably tell her that in fact their are some types of fats that the body HAS to get from their diet.
The body can't make them. But the fats in butter aren't any of the essential ones lol, sadly. Otherwise I'd have plenty of them!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So what kind of evidence does the guy use? Did he do his own studies or what?

I'm not going to stoop so low as watch anything by Alex Jones, on principle, but I'll hear ya out.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ghost375, I have tried to tell her they need some fats...she wont hear of it. She has called me "Voodoo queen" for many years because I choose natural over Dr.'s any day of the week. She thinks pharmacy and Dr are "gods". As in my first reply she stated "it's what is keeping him alive", at least in her opinion. And when I brought up his progressive memory issue since he started Statin she got angry with me and said "he'd have one any way he's 80 years old!" Funny, she gets pissed at him for not being able to remember what she told him a couple hours ago, it wasn't like that a year ago.

Sadly, I have seen him go down hill very fast over the past year. His grandmother lived to be 103. She has all her wits about her when she passed away. Same with his mother.

I just received a call from my mom that my dad is having chest pain. Off to the hospital they go.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join